1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 162 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 2:31 AM by openrangeonualls Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

There is built in camera lag. This video proved it. STFU.

Also, I think you meant to say Keyboard wins everytime, and no it doesn't. They can both compete until the keyboard player can jump and shoot simuoltaneously and take advantage of the camera lag.

Here's offline proof of the camera lag...

• 91. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

dude all you showed us was some lag on your lame PC...i see no invisible barrier by you jumping around the screen...all i see is your gfx card struggling to keep up...and i certainly don't see any sort of "built-in avatar lag" as you first described it...your mother would call you a bad child and wash your mouth out with soap...stop lying to these impressionable young n00b's on the forums

• 92. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

First, these weren't my videos.

Second, I'm pretty sure the tests were made on console.

Third, I never said whatever you think I said. If you watch the second video, you'll clearly see that the players camera action moves ahead of their avatar. This "camera lag" is in the whole game and is the cause of many hit detection problems, including when the player jumps. When the player jumps, their avatar doesn't play the animation on time, so just like drop shotting and strafing, the oher player will for a split second be shooting at a ghost. Ever notice who usually wins around corners? Usually, it's the guy who turned because he was invisible.

Fourth, you lose. Like a religious fundamentalist who won't accept the truth, you make me sick.

• 93. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

YOU CAN'T RUN THOSE TESTS ON A CONSOLE YOU TWIT!!!

• 94. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

RallyOrDie wrote:

I am fine with that because I know for a fact that I am the better player.

FYI, the game has built in avatar lag that causes most players to lose hit detection when the enemy jumps. So if you think getting a split second of invincibility while keeping the ability to shoot makes you some kind of legend, well... /facepalm.

Again, not as bad on console thanks to aim assist and the lack of a keyboard. Console players must move their thumb off the aim stick in order to jump. On PC, I use a PS3 controller and the halo jump pretty much makes the keyboard players unbeatable in a 1 vs 1.

there's a copy of the post i'm responding too...maybe you didn't type it...but it sure looks like it to me...so please explain this "avatar lag" to me...cause i've never heard of an invincibility barrier just from jumping around the screen

face it...you're a bad kiddie who deserves to be punished

• 95. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

I never put the word "barrier" in the sentence. The invincibility comes from the enemy shooting at your ghost, which I already explained. Learn how to read. Also, learn how to quote.

• 96. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    xmrythem

i love halo jumping kids

• 97. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

The top video was on XBOX, the second on PS3.  Unless I misunderstand what tests you are talking about.

• 98. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

disabledhuman wrote:

YOU CAN'T RUN THOSE TESTS ON A CONSOLE YOU TWIT!!!

I just caught this post. Wow, did you even watch the videos? GTFO troll. I'm not sure if PC even has split screen.

• 99. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    RallyOrDie

What if the tests were with 3 or more people?  That would be more proof than a 1v1.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next