33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 6:22 PM by extremefight49 RSS

What's with all the boosters all of a sudden?

Seriously guys, I have seen more boosters in this past week than I have since christmas. Is it really that important to get that diamond camo?

I'm kinda getting sick of it actually it's ruining the game (and let's face it, the game has it's fair share of flaws as it is, this is just taking the piss), so I've decided to wipe the dust off my HDR and record those cheating little boosters. Since I can't name and shame on the forum I'll just link this playlist, you know what to do. Let's get these scumbags reset or banned!!!

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

• Re: What's with all the boosters all of a sudden?

I agree I cane across twi french dudes in Hc TDM in Cargo,

Boosting with a riot shield on top of the containers beside what would be A in Dom.

Played it back in theatre and watch him boost through the kill nedals right through to TDM Master, plus get a Stealth chopper which raped everyone once he completed the challenges <in case anyone says it doesnt impact anyone else>.

Reported them and informed them I had reported them.

Hopefully they had previous and will get reset.!

snorubit

I would agree I have seen more for some reason lately. I think it weird that people would go to such lengths for a badge that nobody cares about or will remember next week.

And I do think it impacts the others in a lobby as stated.

idc219

I play late at night and have been seeing too. I saw a guy boosting with chicom for head shots. Just stupid IMO. I just got my diamond ar's to add to my diamond smg and shottys. It was a grind for all of them so when I sport the bling it feels good. Some of those weapons (swat, m27,type25, ksg) I wanted to give up my quest. But never would I boost for them just too rewarding to earn them. I hope they actually read these reports we submit because it is pathetic how it affects a game when you have a booster call in his swarm and ***** those who are playing legit.

the messed up part is --- after the match you can report them for boosting right in the lobby. but these sneaky sob's are leaving the game in the last minute so you dont have that option, and then all you can do is report them via xbox live, which is nothing more than an electronic placebo.

What exactly is boosting? and how do you know if others are doing so.. sorry i'm not familiar with all this gaming lingo.

boosting is when two people from opposite teams trade head shots.   they are easy to find, because they usually use a tac insert.

Boosting is where 2 or more people willingly let someone else kill them for camos/exp etc... Most popular one is as xilfxlegion mention tactical insertion, very quick way to get kills. I've seen many ways, some planned, others just pure stupidity. A popular one I've been finding is where a party of 6 matchmake with splitscreens and then they use their splitscreeners to boost on. Very hard to detect.

snorubit

I usually begin to pay attention if the enemy starts repeatedely calling in scorestreaks. If you have a person on your side that is 0-30 and a person on their side who's 30-0 they are likely boosting. Then go to the darkest, out of the way corner and look for Tac inserts.

Voila. I will find them then kill the enemy as they tac insert to break up their little Turkish Bath. I have even had my own teammate then switch to a riot shield class to try and block me out believe it or not.

Weak and pathetic.

Bmac223

I find boosters almost everyday. I like to switch it up and play sticks and stones for fun. 2 days ago, I join a lobby and they all told me, we are boosting for cross bow kills. I said cool, I reported them in game and I'm waiting for their ban. So boosting is not only in core or hc, its in the party playlist also.

NiteFalken

Since the boosters have started coming out of the woodwork I have made them my new way of having some fun. I have been seeing them in HC TDM so when I find them I haunt their roosts till they give up. They usually back out and thats when I use the handy recent players list to follow them into their next game. Just keep an ear out for steady shotgun blasts as they are usually trying to diamond up that last POS shotty. Best thing is to wait till you let the shooter get a few kills then TK him before he gets his bloodthirsty unfortunately you can only do this twice so it helps to clue the rest of the lobby in on their game and hope fo help.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

Haha.. I've come to find chasing the boosters from lobby to lobby amusing as well.  I'm already at prestige master and don't give a rip about my K/D or W/L, so I'll just keep hopping around with them making them really work for it.

I think I actually got two kids to report ME for following them around.  (That takes cajones.)  In one of the lobbies they even asked (note: all players in the lobby could hear this) "Why do you keep following us?"  Of course I responded that I was following them to make it difficult to boost and asked them if it was working, to which they both agreed.  They finally gave up and went to play Zombies.  One of them changed their GT within the next day, as if that would stop the ban/reset.

Oh well. 

Megadog14

Ive barely seen any boosters at all, but thats probably because i do a strange thing known as PLAYING THE OBJECTIVE! Keep up the vids and reporting man!

TheSurgeon83

HC KC seems to be where they're at. Sometimes it's for headshots, or to earn scorestreaks or complete gun challanges. I know all the places they hide and keep and eye on the scoreboard to see if anything funny is going in. With it being HC you can also team kill to make sure nobody gets any undeserved streaks...

Thing that amazes me is how stubborn they are. Only one set have left the game / lobby when rumbled. All the rest have kept trying despite being hounded non stop.

Call me old fashioned but I thougt the point of Diamond was to practice using weapons and doing things outside of your comfort zone and hence improve as a player.

I have 4 Diamond groups now in order LMGs, Snipers, Shotties, Specials. It has been very frustrating and infuriating at times, but that is why you get a sense of achievement.

I actually pity these idiots who think that they look cool with the camo when they haave cheated for it.

I don't even use the Diamond camo on most things as ERDL is my favourite.

whiteknight1902

I have run in to so many in the last week or 2. It is fun ruining their boosting, and even ore so when they send you fan mail/screaming in the lobby.

The thing that really annoy's me is that I go for all these titles properly and these arsehats are doing it like this.

Surely its easy to figure out who these people are, they have the nuclear killer and k/d around or below 1.

Shameless bump, new video added to the playlist, get this scum off of xbox live!!!

r33k

hahaha nice playlist!!!

i see boosteres every now and then when they get caught on the final kill cam. i love to yel out some WaW quotes on the mic:

YOU HAVE BROUGHT SHAME TO YOUR FAMILY!

Shameless bump, more boosters caught. Let's get this scum of off xbox live!!!

FrazerY

My top tip for dealing with boosters is have a sentry gun on and when you find tem keep killing the booster from enemy team until you get sentry gun then place sentry gun where they are boosting and take all of their kills while you run off whooping ass!

Glynzx6r

Hijacked TDM has to be the worst map for boosting. Caught a few armed with tac inserts at the back on the RIBs or in the engine room, pathetic, although enjoyable attaching a Semtex to teammate and watch him blow up his boosting pal.

obzi

I can't understand the thinking behind those ribs on Hijacked, it's like they intentionally wanted a nice little boosting platform on the map.

The boosters are having a laugh at our expense, the penalties for being caught are pathetic and they just start boosting again, the minimum should be removal of all stats from their game account, they shouldn't have any and shouldn't be able to see any other than what they are doing in the current game.

found 3 members of a clan doing it in Yemen today, including the clan leader.

When they reset these guys I hope they reset the clan stats as well?

Several of us reported them so heres hoping they get nailed swiftly?

Can I post the clan tag or is that also precluded by the rules on naming and shaming?

Shameless bump, new episode added today. Also I completely agree with what the last few posters have said, the map seems designed FOR boosters, way to go.

Let's get this scum off of Xbox!!!

Bumpidy Bump, so much for boosters today, I found a bloody lagswitcher instead. Treyarch if your reading this watch Ep11 parts 1 and 2. Get this bloody scum off of our beloved game!!!!

BoomstickLogan

it deos seem to be getting worse, the lag, people seem to be warping everywhere, put your crosshairs on em and they disapear..etc etc. when i find boosters its like an easter egg ( and i been getting alot lately) always happens in objective maps because everyone else is focused on objectives ... EMP and C4 and a noob tube on an assault rifle ( called anticamper class) those are the aboslute worst games for me stat wise but meh i don't care for stats anyways, it hinders my team because now they are down 2, 1 booster and a booster hunter and as stated they get right upset about it ... even caught on final kill cam, one spawned on tac insert dropped a new one and crouched down so the other guy could shoot him in the head...sooo funny, soo many reports the last few weeks...they are indeed coming out of the woodwork for whatever reason

trialstardragon

This is still name and shame linking to any video that shows their GT on the forums is name and shame and is against the forum rules. Plus it is against XBL ToS for it is attempt to manipulate reportes against the players and can get you banned instead. Never post anything like that in a public forum such as this.

extremefight49

Name and shame, including via video, is not allowed as many others have already stated. Report offending players in-game.

Locking to prevent a toxic environment.

TopFighter | Treyarch Forum Moderator

Black Ops I & Black Ops II