1 2 3 Previous Next 118 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2014 1:49 PM by TheDarkOne123 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

The case against the word "camper" part III.

Izjar11

COD

Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy".

To get mad, to rage, to quit, to write "how I hate thee" is the most hypocritical thing you can do as a COD gamer. Even today, with three years of COD under my belt do I never, NEVER RUN into the enemy with out defending myself FIRST!

Seriously either you need to check you "ego" or move on to another game (which by the way there are MANY) from which you can enjoy a more peaceful, relaxing time.

Stop being hypocrites, stop bashing other players for choosing to play the game as THEY WANT, play, win, lose, kill and die its all subjective to what that voice in your mind is telling you, check him please.

Good hunting COD.

THIS is a older post of mine from back in MW3 days. Yet after all that time the word "camping" is used to describe any other persons style except (your) their own!

WHY do we allow such things to consume our COD time, or is it simply a way we justify something quickly, just by saying, what a camper or in spanish "campero". I've heard it all at this point.

Ghost is no different in the subject, to those who think "ghost is campy", NO. All COD games have someone hiding, ALL of them.

• 1. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

To be honest I don't give a **** how people play the game because they spent $60.00 on it so they should be able to play however the hell they want.

• 2. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Alky6

Everyone started somwhere, Quake, Unreal, BF, COD and so on till we got to BO2.  Some of us, like me started with BO2, 3 weeks ago. I can't run & gun and chew gum at the same time. How does that make me an inferior peace of manure (camper) because I can't run & shoot at the same time?  Maybe in 3 years instead of 3 weeks, I'll be just as cool as y'all.

• 3. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

I don't know why people get so butt-hurt about campers. Most of the time I get killed by a hardcore camper, I'll check the scoreboard as I'm always curious as to how successful this method is, and almost always they are at the bottom and negative. Not usually like 4-25 negative, more like 8-11 negative. But point is they aren't usually that good. Yeah they got you that time, but you probably get them more often than not (you probably get them a lot and don't realize it as they're running to their camping spot)... it's no big deal.

• 4. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Dush_Bag

some ppl never try to change thr play style even after so many years of experience...isnt that sad though.

Unles u try u wont fail...if u wont fail u wont learn...

• 5. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Im_A_Drag85

I started playing COD MP on BO1, before that I was primarily campaign

Here's my 2$...

I never mind a good camper...it's always legitimate reason to step back and readjust my play style!  If I'm runnin and gunnin with my SMGs having fun going after challenges and I'm gettin beasted by somebody campin...I'm not gonna continue that approach, instead ima whip out my FAL with TF or M27 equip some flashes and c4s and slow my role a little bit!

It's always rewarding to take'em out!  Keeps things fresh, I mean really, where's the fun in always playing the same way??

• 6. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

Don't assume that all players start off camping.  I started playing FPS's with DOOM and started playing COD at Black Ops 1.  I can honestly say that I've NEVER been a camper.  BO1 was the first game FPS I ever played online with other people, and I was running straight into the open, right trigger down from day one.  My KD started out below .60, but I was possitive within 3 days of game time and have never looked back.

Why?  Because this isn't ******* Afghanistan we're talking about.  This isn't war.  This is a video game.  It's meant to be played for fun.  And camping aint no fun.  Just like you can't imagine people starting off as run and gunners, I can't imagine anobdy sitting around waiting on enemies to appear and finding it fun.

The folks you run into that hate and bash campers are probably players like me who don't camp, never have camped, and just can't wrap their heads around how anybody could find the camping experience enjoyable.

• 7. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Dush_Bag

Well said dude...some people never camp...and those players will improve...those who camp will always camp and will do regardless of how many cod's or other MP games they play...

• 8. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

Dush_Bag wrote:

some ppl never try to change thr play style even after so many years of experience...isnt that sad though.

Unles u try u wont fail...if u wont fail u wont learn...

Sad? No, unimaginative Yes.

Good quote.

• 9. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

Don't assume that all players start off camping.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that when you first started playing the game you ran straight into the enemy spawn because you knew exactly what to do. In any case if my post was intended for you and that very few amount of people who knew how to play the game before playing then apologies. Your a runner, congrats.

1 2 3 Previous Next