5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 4:05 PM by frats74 RSS

MW3 DLC put on asian servers but not with dlc disabled!

Hi all - a friends kid turned off my ps3 at the wall without doing a shutdown & I lost everything. Since re-installing MW3 & all the required map packs I have purchased I can only get on asian (my guess) games. I purchased collection 1 - 2 & 4. When I turn off dlc I get straight into aussie games. I have downloaded the maps from the ps store & also from the ingame store menu. Have done this 5 times now & is getting annoying - I delete game data & start again each time. I am getting sick of just the original maps. I have downloaded all access keys required & also all free maps. I have tripple checked the right region code on all downloads (01428) but still get no joy. I just did as I've done before with downloads but got different result. Have searched google for hours but no-one has my problem from what I can see. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave.

• Re: MW3 DLC put on asian servers but not with dlc disabled!
    frats74

Bigboy24 wrote:

Hi all - a friends kid turned off my ps3 at the wall without doing a shutdown & I lost everything. Since re-installing MW3 & all the required map packs I have purchased I can only get on asian (my guess) games. I purchased collection 1 - 2 & 4. When I turn off dlc I get straight into aussie games. I have downloaded the maps from the ps store & also from the ingame store menu. Have done this 5 times now & is getting annoying - I delete game data & start again each time. I am getting sick of just the original maps. I have downloaded all access keys required & also all free maps. I have tripple checked the right region code on all downloads (01428) but still get no joy. I just did as I've done before with downloads but got different result. Have searched google for hours but no-one has my problem from what I can see. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave.

How do you know they're Asian?

Check the language setting on your PS3. If it is in English, perhaps you're just playing against Asian gamers.

Is Australia your Region?

Did you have issues in the past joining games when you have DLC enabled (since you don't have all DLC's)?

Hello -Thanks for reply but not that easy solution -  I know is asian servers by the lack of english & their online names are of asian description - Asian or similar country (no offence intended).

My ps3 is set on english language & I only play on asian servers with the new maps - turn off dlc & get oz games. Aus is my region - no prior issues until ps3 was reset at power point & system had to be restored - all other games are fine.

Thanks.

Hello -Thanks for reply but not that easy solution -  I know is asian servers by the lack of english & their online names are of asian description - Asian or similar country (no offence intended).

My ps3 is set on english language & I only play on asian servers with the new maps - turn off dlc & get oz games. Aus is my region - no prior issues until ps3 was reset at power point & system had to be restored - all other games are fine.

Thanks.

Thanks.

frats74

Bigboy24 wrote:

Thanks.

The game's region code must be universal, but the DLC's codes are for Asia. Therefore, allowing you to still play even though it's with players from a different region.

I suggest getting in contact with the PS Store. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Whether that means navigating through the Store or setting you up with the proper download.