19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 8:04 PM by CrimsonTideMonk RSS

crossbow

tito2380@yahoo.com

I have been trying to get a gold crossbow forever and it has been impossible to get a bloodthirsty using this weapon. I have tried hardcore, stick & stones, and core gameplay and still no luck. Does anyone have this crossbow have any tips?

• Re: Gold Crossbow Frustration!!!!!!!!!!
    pavel_t

thats boosting

dont do it. just keep trying you will get it

Honestly, camping was really the way to go. Hate to even advocate it, but sometimes it really is the best option, especially when it comes to the crossbow camo challenges. As I'm sure you know, there's only 6 shots in the crossbow, and even with scavenger, your odds of picking up more bolts is slim to nil, so you only have the option to miss once.

I've also read in the patch notes (not sure if it's been changed as I've already completed the bow challenges), that the explosions from the bolts will now count towards the challenges.

I wish you the best of luck with it. Upon completing it, I literally did a 15 minute jig. It was a great feeling and I'm confident you'll experience it as well.

tito2380@yahoo.com

Hahaha, congrats. I respect anyone that can complete this challenge and the combat knife

Combat Knife really is my favorite so far, even over the guns and the Tactical knife. I think it's because I play Tactical button placement and it's harder for me to reach for the circle button (I'm a big dolphin diver so I like R3 crouch/prone). Using R1 to swipe with the knife literally turns me into a walking salad shooter. I liggity lerve it!

If you have yet to do the Assault Shield, I recommend ramping up your sensitivity to 10+. Sometimes you get cornered and you have to try to deflect two shooters or more at once. Also, if you want a good way to kill a shield user or are worried about surviving with one, always remember to cover your feet!

pavel_t

i didnt find the knife one hard because i use tac insert and get behind people.

i dont like the cross bow too much but if i had to get it gold i would do it the same way as i got the knife.

Linus_SC

The best way to get a Blood Thirsty with a crossbow is to earn a VSAT using your normal primary. Then wait till you die, don't call in the VSAT yet. Respawn wait till you get atleast one kill with a crossbow before calling in the VSAT, after you get one kill with crossbow then call in the VSAT that should make it super easy to get 4 measly kills with the crossbow as long as you know where everyone is.

That is the easiest way to do it, VSAT is the key. Do it in killconfirmed.

UnRest

Yes, it's really hard. Well, at least it is for me since I am pretty terrible with the Crossbow.

The BloodThirsty challenge is also the only one I am missing to get Gold Crossbow.

Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually...

Play Sticks and Stones.

Raketti

I've got diamond on everything and the one bloodthirsty with the bow was the only camo challenge i really struggled with. Some of the launcher challenges require you to wait for the right time to come and have it on your back for that, but the bow took me several hours to compelete playing with just the cb. I even gave up for a while after getting to 4 kills in a row a few times and when one of my friends got it i just had to finish it so i kept grinding.

Sticks and Stones didn't really work for me thanks to lag and people sprinting, so i missed all the time. I got it in core TDM after being lucky enough to get into a lobby full of camping noobs, i just flanked them over and over again until i was able to get 5 kills in row, if i remember correctly i got 4 in row in 2 previous matches and the other one was 4 kills and a hitmarker from the explosion from a shot i missed, i died right after the hitmarker and it made me rage quite a bit.

Keep on grinding and don't boost, some people get lucky and get it just like that, it will happen sooner or later.

The Crossbow Bloodthirsty is easier than most players think. just play Hardcore, you have 6 shots and its on shot kill, plus players health is less meaning if you miss the blast will probably kill them.

If that isn't easy enough, you can use scavenger, or play with a friend that is using scavenger and pic up the packs that gets dropped. I got mine after the third game oing for it.

***You have to wait for the enemies and keep switching to nearby locations for cover. Call it camping if you want but there aint no tent or fire pits on any of the maps, so i don't see how it would be camping.

TRU11

play HQ and put a scope or dual band on it.

best map is yemen.

just wait till you see someone capture a HQ aim fire move to other spot after 2 kills

i got on my first try on yemen along with the kill with each arrow from 1 clip.

got lucky i was playing against idiots though lol.

what i did is i went into free for all with tri bolt, dual band, and scavenger and got it

When I got my crossbow GOLDEN I just camped a care package on FREE-FOR-ALL.  I threw down the care package and simply waited for those dumb enough to run into my trap.... The reason it's on Free-For-All is so that no pesky team mates will steal the package and leave you in the dust.  Earning the gold crossbow was definately FRUSTRATING.  But if you have the patience, you will eventually get it... Depending on the people you are ranked up against, it shouldn't take that long to acquire.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING MATE.

CrimsonTideMonk

I got mine is sticks and stones pretty quickly. I got all of them including bloodthirsty in like 4 or 5 matches (after the gold challenges were unlocked) I got lucky and hit a guy , it killed two. Then stuck a few off spawn and the 4th was some AFK noob spit screener. That's my suggestion, SnS and find a lobby of split screeners because  normally they only play one, hoping to to kill the other one.