6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 10:56 AM by frats74 RSS

Can anyone help? Ballistic vest and impact

Does impact counter ballistic vests? Playing Hc domination and I keep coming against a clan who use UAV and vests, they clearly double up on vests and I'm really struggling to kill them. They are not good players just well protected from bullets, tubes, Semtex and shaws etc. not my prefered way of playing but these guys are very frustrating. Also does silencer reduce killing power on ar's and smgs?

Thanks for replying

• Re: Can anyone help? Ballistic vest and impact
    frats74

Wobblybox wrote:

Does impact counter ballistic vests?

Apparently it it does.

Wobblybox wrote:

Also does silencer reduce killing power on ar's and smgs?

Yes. Because Range is affected, Damage or killing power as you put it is reduced.

Message was edited by: frats74

Trying to find this out myself.  I jut finished a game on HC and put 7 rounds from ACR with impact into a guy with vest on and got no kill (at least 5 hit marks though).  He turned and hit me 3 times with MP7 and killed me.  Funny thing is that I was also wearing a vest.  Long story short, I don't think it counters vests.  Nothing can, even a stick with semtex on hardcore will not kill with vests on.

frats74

Nubooku wrote:

Trying to find this out myself.  I jut finished a game on HC and put 7 rounds from ACR with impact into a guy with vest on and got no kill (at least 5 hit marks though).  He turned and hit me 3 times with MP7 and killed me.  Funny thing is that I was also wearing a vest.

He probably spammed the Ballistic Vest (wearing multiple layers).

Nubooku wrote:

Long story short, I don't think it counters vests.  Nothing can, even a stick with semtex on hardcore will not kill with vests on.

Wear out the Ballistic Vest first, then follow it up with another shot/blast to kill the enemy.

He probably spammed the Ballistic Vest (wearing multiple layers).

I was under the impression that the vests do not stack.  I thought that if you got one from a different pile it just restored/replaced damaged one.

On another note, I have been reading a few posts lately and I appreciate your feedback and answers, frats74.

Hmmmm interesting! Another tactic these guys use is... In close qtrs combat he'll take c4 out and detonate it amazingly quickly, I assume because he's wearing a vest it doesn't kill him but takes me out. But I guess u gotta adapt and change ur loadout and tactics to suit. I'll experiment later with a mate to see about impact, rapid fire etc

Thanks for the input =)

frats74

Wobblybox wrote:

Hmmmm interesting! Another tactic these guys use is... In close qtrs combat he'll take c4 out and detonate it amazingly quickly, I assume because he's wearing a vest it doesn't kill him but takes me out.

Not necessarily. Aside from wearing a Ballistic Vest or spammed multiple layers on himself, he could also be using Blast Shield Pro Perk.

Wobblybox wrote:

But I guess u gotta adapt and change ur loadout and tactics to suit.

Yes!

Wobblybox wrote:

I'll experiment later with a mate to see about impact, rapid fire etc

Thanks for the input =)

Good luck! Happy hunting!