32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 6:42 PM by nuclear_soundwave RSS

Head Glitching

RiZeTRiiX

Why is head glitching still in this game?

• Re: Head Glitching
    parnezzi

because to fix their obvious mistake they completely ingnored in Beta testing which i doubt they did at all.

they would have to completely redesign every single terribad map which they won't ever since they won't ever admit they suck, like they won't acknowledge lag compensation ******* everybody who doesn't play on dial up over.

or they would have to redesign the player models to be walking giants to properly size to the pieces of cover that dot the maps every 5 steps

Restore_Hardcore

Isn't head glitching shooting from cover?

parnezzi

head glitching is when your gun is sticking into the peice of cover from everybody else point of view, and only a part of your head and rarely your full head is the only thing showing. and the bullets are magically coming out from your face, or in some cases your entire body is covered up but you're still able to shoot someone while its impossible for them to shoot you.

theres nothing wrong with taking cover but when that cover prevents someone from shooting you while you have a full view of their body thats when it becomes a problem.

Restore_Hardcore

I can kill ppl when i just see their head. I can't shoot through cover though.

parnezzi

but can you outgun them when they can see your full body or you're behind a smaller piece of cover.

i know hardcore kills in 1 bullet with pretty much every gun so head glitchers aren't that bad, but in core most guns have little to no headshot multipliers

zvers

To combat this, you simply need to know the map layout. Throw flashes in the area before moving and frankly, you have to be at least a decent shot. I've out gunned tons of players sitting in cover ADS, with TF. You can't just run out into a 'known' spot blindly and expect nothing to happen. Example, Standoff behind the tank, next to the snipe house. You know that you can hop on the tractors shovel and take out the person in cover too. There are many solutions to the issue, just use your head.

RiZeTRiiX

Yes and no, Yes head glitching is taking cover, but its taking cover in a way thats unfair in the game. Because on your screen you can only see the persons head or less while on their screen their chest seems to be above the object and have full view of everything infront of them.

xXxK1LLRxXx

Head glitching is in EVERY single first person shooter, if there isnt one with out it it means the game was not well enough designed. Head glitching technicly can be done irl. So that means that it is still realistic, like they wanted they game to be.

Dont whine about it, there is no game that hasnt had it, Crisis Series, Halo, Call Of Duty, Gears Of War (bad example) but ill still keep it there.

Dont cry about it, its like asking the creators of said game to make it so snipers cant one hit people, or people cant camp in corners, in black ops 2 they attempted to stop alot of that. Which they did. The least amount of camping I have found in any call of duty game so far.

RiZeTRiiX

there isnt head glitching halo and gears of war theres a special way to shoot over your cover, and im not crying about it im simply asking why they havnt changed it and you cant head glitch in irl....wtf are you smoking xD

parnezzi

but is there headglitching at every peice of cover? and gears of war has blind fire, which is pretty much spraying with no reticle, halo you can still see their upper body and theres very few places where they have a complete advantage over you not to mention halo has shields, and a health bar.

i don't play crisis but from what iv'e seen it has the same properties as halo shields and a health bar.

head glitching is in every game but its usually just a design flaw at an odd piece of cover or in special situaions, but when head glitching spots are all over the map every 5 steps? how is that not a problem?

zvers

"but is there headglitching at every peice of cover?"

Hmmm, good point. Now that I think about it, it varies quite a bit. Maybe the real 'bad' spots can be patched then?

RallyOrDie

Head Glitching is a problem with this games design.  The bullets come out of the head instead of the gun.  The bullets look like they are coming from the gun but it is just the animation.  In MW3 my gun would be in the wall on everyone else's screen, but when I shoot the bullets go over the wall because my head was sticking just far enough above the wall.

BigpoppaPump

Hmm..I guess we could do it like the civil war times and stand in a straight line and take turns firing at each other..

xmrythem

headglitching is apart of any FPS. It's nothing new to COD. Last night I played on carrier, and obviously, the JBD doors on far side of the map are notorious for this. Well, the guy who played against us went on a rampage of verbal assult at half time and said he was going to headglitch the entire time from that spot.

He did, and it worked for a few kills, but soon we gained controll and he just dashboarded.

just about every ledge, window, wall, piece of cover in the GAME can be "glitched".

so instead of crying about it, accept it for what it is and play the game.

you people cry so much here.

nuclear_soundwave

im usually really good at cod but yesterday...the entire team...stood in a corner...headglitching behind cover and care packages and claymores...and they were camping their flag...they were all level 10 0 prestiges...I WAS DEFEATED BY-NO-ME AND A **** LOAD OF 10TH PRESTIGES WERE DEFEATED BY LEVEL 10S...HEADGLITCHING IS ******* ANNOYING im sorry im kind of tired

Pilsburybatboy17

Headglitching has been in every cod since the first multiplayer CoD there is nothing you can do to fix it except leave a wide open area with no cover to run around in

TG SteelRain

Good question.  Head glitching is much worse in BO2 than any other COD title.  It's very annoying and very exploited. 

It seems that either head glitch spots were introduced into the maps and the map devs did not care to correct them before finalizing the maps, or the head glitch spots were intentionally placed into the maps by design. 

One thing that would help with this is if my LMG with FMJ could shoot through the head glitch cover.  But often even that setup cannot shoot through a barrel or those round coner things on Highjacked.  They must all be made of 1-foot steel with triple-lined kevlar. 

Either way -- it's one of the items that make this game less than previous COD titles.

xmrythem

there is no more headglitching in bo2 than any other cod.

do you want all cover in the game to be waste high?

or should you just make the character models giant.

LordPookums

I'm still confused why people keep raising that point about cover. I wonder if they only played treyarch titles...cause I remember TONS of cover in mw3. Almost all of it was impenetrable as well.

The original Black Ops probably had less...but it had lots more grassy knolls and hiding spots that let you shoot them without them knowing you were there. So the cover issue always confuses me.

TG SteelRain

No, I don't want all cover to be just waist high.  But, if you can shoot at someone from behind cover, your full head, shoulders, upper chest, arms, hands, and gun should be visable and unprotected while able to shoot. 

Higher than waist high cover should require you to stand to shoot over it -- again exposing your head, shoulders, upper chest, arms, hands, and gun while you are standing and shooting.  You would have to crouch to be protected, and have to stand to shoot.

Jumping up to shoot over high cover would be fine too as long as you are exposed during the time you can shoot over the cover.

Now, if they had an armored/bullet proof money truck sitting on a map that you could get into, and had bullet-proof viewing glass and the tiny openings to put your barrel through and shoot -- well that would be a different story then.

LordPookums

That defeats the purpose of cover. Most players try to aim center mass otherwise they will do less damage or miss by shooting between the legs of the player.

If you have cover that shows the chest and shoulders and arms...then you have essentially created NO COVER AT ALL.

In short: Only cover that shows your head or head and tiptop of your shoulders is useful.

Look at the windows on some levels. Some of them are so low they only block the lower legs. The windows only help by letting you hide in a room. Players have absolutely no difficulty killing them in those windows that barely cover anything.

TG SteelRain

I don't agree that this defeats the purpose of cover.  As you say though, if cover in this game showed their entire head and tiptop of their shoulders -- that would be an improvement.  But the head glitch spots only show the very tiny tip of the top of their head -- like just the top of the helment being barely visable and difficult to hit.

In a COD game that seems to be very anti-camping, and has virtually eliminated useful camping, head glitch spots seem to be out of place. 

I still beleive head glitching is unfair, annoying, and cheap.  Campers camping in windows, or prone in the bushes, or even corner camping may be annoying, but at least they can be shot back.

We will agree to disagree on this and that is ok.  Like it has been said, adapt and deal with it.  Like using grenades, rockets, and other anti-camping gear and techniques to combat it.  Just wish head glitch spots were not part of the game.

LordPookums

Using cover is in plenty of FPS. Only Unreal or Doom style games can survive without it. Those games have lots of health and bullets have velocity and therefore can be easily dodged.

If you are asking why you can only see their head, but it seems their weapon is in the wall...that seems to be more of an issue of programming necessity. They might be trying to limit unnecessary calculations or lag from online gaming, by creating a unique gun raising element when near high walls.

Most cover is design with the express purpose of only showing the head, while allowing them to shoot you. That is not unintended design. That is intended and purposeful. It allows players to create defensive shooting environments.

So expect Call of Duty : X-THe-Next-Generation to have it as well. the cover is meant to hide/protect you while you get kills.

I agree with the design. There should be cover that acts just like that. It makes the game more interesting. If the animation is a problem...perhaps bring it up with the devs. Maybe they will look into creating better gun placement near walls. It won't have much affect on the game though. They will still be just as hard to kill and you will die just as easily.

xmrythem

do you remember. . .

headglitch in mw2 on Estate, IN the house, rocks, middle or back builings, boats?

every single house in Favela?

every counter, stair well, or wall in Highrise?

every building in Invasion

Krachi, LOL

Quarry was rediculous.

Every house in Rundown

Scrapyard?!?!?!?! OMFG

every piece of cover in Skidrow

oh, how about subbase? Middle of map by the roof generators? or how about by the back of the map with the walls??

terminal was just dumb for headglitching.

underpass - same thing

wasteland - middle of the map and each of the small cabins.

AND THATS JUST MW2. stop complaining people.

NoLifeKing29

Better question is why are you still getting killed by headglitchers.

Noob_Lyncher

Stop feeding the head glitchers and take another route.

duo962

While head glitching alone is annoying and may earn someone a few kills, the real issue is the completely bullet proof positions that make up the worst head glitching spots. If you could shoot their body it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but you can't because for some reason that particular spot is bullet proof. Many of the "pro" players are resorting to improving their head glitching spots by placing a portable head glitch assault shield to any open sides and running trophy systems, flak jacket, and tactical mask to make themselves so difficult to kill that it's often not worth trying.

Oh, and don't forget about the fact that there's animation lag even on a split screen offline system, so if you go crouching/prone to standing from behind your head glitch, you see the standing person before they see your face.