41 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 1:58 PM by Drummin RSS

Hardcore

Well as an avid core player the inconsistancy has turned me to try Hardcore. I must say I though I wouldn't but I am really enjoying it. I get messed up lobbies in 1/10 games now rather than 1/2 and the lag half way through games has signficantly decreased! Hardcore has started making me enjoy the game again!.

Anyone who were like me and experiencing serious inconsistency throughout games try out hardcore. Give it a day or two rather than have one game and think Hardcore sucks because you do, just got to get used to it!

Just my 2 cents. If the game is very inconsistant for you and frustrating you instead of giving you enjoyment then try out Hardcore!

• Re: Hardcore
    jwaller123

I did the same thing a couple-three weeks ago. Only went back to core for Nuketown 24/7 and quickly remembered why I left it.

TheSurgeon83

Welcome to the club!

Same story here, and once you're used to it you won't go back to softcore. I play one game a week to remind myself why, it's a miserable experience.

Haha funny you say that I've got used to it already and struggle to play core! Got 3 sets of dogs last night in a game of hckc. Then decided to try out core to see if I were just having a really good day or something, Couldn't even get a Vsat! My connection was actually alright aswell just got to used to killing more than one-two people per clip haha!

whiteknight1902

core/hardcore is not the problem its thats the game picks crap hosts a lot of the time. thats the problem imo.

Restore_Hardcore

I'm glad you agree, the game just plays better in HC. Now if we could just get more modes!! I wish league play was  in HC, I like that idea.

xmrythem

welcome to the dark side young pad-won

I enjoy hardcore. The only problem I have is the spawning. I've only played HC TDM. I literally spawned 3 times in a row in the line of sight of a guy shooting from a window. The same thing happened 2 matches later. Other than that it's not too bad except at times it feels like search and destroy trying to find people.

The4lhHorseman

Lag affects both game modes equally. I don't notice a difference. That being said,  HC kill confined for me is by far the best game mode. Dropped my first Nuclear and First Chainkill this week.

Restore_Hardcore

The problem with core is that this game is fast paced so the more bullets you gotta pump into the enemy the more inconsistent the game will play. I discovered this years ago and since switching to hardcore I have enjoyed this game. I play with family across the country and don't have nearly as many problems as I did when I played core, my internet is the best I can get here in my area and I don't see lag comp problems. HC is the best way to enjoy this game, too bad more gamers don't see the light.

zingaa

I started playing  HC recently, it's pretty damn fun. I apologize in advance if you run in front of my bullets

nicedrewishfela

I have been a HC player consistently since MW2 when the same issues I hear Core players complaining about this game plagued me in Core in that one.

People used to call me a "fanboy" when I told them I wasn't having the issues they were explaining, but the fact of the matter is.. HC plays better. Without the increased Health and Health Regen... you don't get a lot of the silliness Core players are having to contend with. It typically plays smoothly beyond the occasional bad host, and 9/10 the game migrates host in that case.

Welcome to the party.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

After having played many, many hours of Core KC - and raging at all of the BS hitmarkers - I found out a few friends play HC TDM all the time and decided to join them.

Result:  99% reduction in rage.  You shoot first, they die.  They shoot first, you die.  One, maybe two bullets with pretty much any gun, even at distance.  Killing head-glitchers, much easier.  None of the "I shot him with half a magazine in the back, only for him to turn around and drop me with one shot" garbage.

Is HC TDM more campy than Core KC?  Sure, but many games still reach the required 75 points and there are enough RnG's from other modes migrating that keep most of the games moving.

I'll still play some Core KC, but when I do I'm instantly reminded of how much of a pain in the ass it is.  I guess I'm the type of player that has decent reaction time and can hit with the first bullet, but not stay dead on target for 10+ while trying to avoid their bullets.

NoLifeKing29

HCKC is better than HCTDM.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

As far as the campiness is concerned?  Or in another way?  I suppose it's quite a risk going for your tags in HCKC.  Definitely requires some forethought before running out into the open!

nicedrewishfela

I think that HC TDM's reputation of being "more campy" is no longer deserved. While it is still there to some degree, especially on easy spawn flip maps like Slums, its much faster paced and fun than it ever has been.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

Funny that you bring up Slums.

Played a HCTDM match the other day where the entire enemy team camped back behind/next to their spawn by the laundromat and just waited for us to come to them.  It didn't work out too well.  For them.

In another game, my random teammates kept running to the other end of the map, constantly flipping the spawn.  After being killed three times from behind I decided to start timing my advances.  Every 15-20 seconds I'd turn around and start heading back toward the spawn and almost always got a few kills as they approached from behind.  Grrr.

nicedrewishfela

Part of the strategy in HC TDM is to hold the spawns. You have to unless you like getting shot from behind constantly. On Slums the guys who spawn near the Church have a definite advantage, it is much easier to defend. However, experienced players can break that using a few different routes. I am typically able to infiltrate that spawn by either slipping left through the Blue building or sneaking in behind the Mechanic Shop. Not embarrassed to say that when my friends and I play Slums we do our damnedest to hold that top spawn if we get it.

I love HC TDM, its to each his own, which is why they offer so many modes in this game. I like that it is different every match, and I enjoy figuring out a new strategy to attack the opponent each time.

Restore_Hardcore

I can't do good in Slums EVER to save my life lol! I have tried everything and just suck at that map!! Whenever that map is chosen I just camp if I spawn near the laundry mat. I try running and gunning and I always use caution but I think that at this point I just psych myself out. It was that way for Firing Range too but it eventually became my favorite map.

nicedrewishfela

My strategy with my team, if I am playing with them, is to try to hold that top Laundromat Spawn. I typically cover the blue building, watching the breach in the wall and the doorway. Others cover the Graveyard and Mechanic Shop.

I've got more of a comfort zone now on that map, however, so I move around a lot more than I did when this game first came out. What works for m me is to work the perimeter. If I spawn parking lot, I either

1) Flank through the Blue Building (This can be tough as the entrances can be covered from range, but if you enter and immediately hug the right wall they have trouble seeing you. Make it out the left window, go around the Humvee and pick people off from the pallette there.... then move up gradually until teammates spawn in that spawn with you),

2) Go up the right staircase then hook towards the fountain. Always check the middle for campers on the fountain, then go right to the box on the corner and peek over. If all is clear I sprint for the mechanic shop then go right around the back alley way and flank their spawn, using the smaller fountain as cover.

3)Same as #2, but go into the  Graveyard instead. Peek over the barrels to clear out anyone camping there, go in strafing right while looking to my left to see if anyone is covering that entrance from the vacant lot. When it is clear I go through the right arch and hug the wall next to red van watching their spawn until I am able to flip it.

Its been rare lately for me to have bad games on Slums. I think what has worked for me is knowing where people tend to camp and using Grenades and strafing to my advantage.

Restore_Hardcore

Good advice, thanks! I'm kinda on a hiatus cause MW3 has sucked me back in, I'm using different attachments and having a lot of fun. I got so burnt getting to prestige 20 but I kinda got burnt on black ops 2, it's nice to revisit old games!

myevo8you

The group I play with are the same way. We use this strategy on EVERY map. If you can get a good group of 6 and know callout spots, the game is 10000000x easier. As Drew stated, knowing the popular camping spots, having communication, and not flipping spawns (unless you want the other spawn) are keys to victory.

Slums in my opinon is the BEST map in the game for TDM. It is just the right size, has good routes, and can lead to some intense games. When playing that map as soon as the game starts I run for either the graveyard or yellow dumpster and lob a tube into the opposite area (graveyard/dumpster) and get 2-3 kills 90% of the time. I got a quad last night from yellow dumpster into graveyard. I then try to get into the top spawn (if we spawned low side) as quick as possible. If we are at top spawn I run back and forth behind the statue watching both left and right and have betties on both paths into the middle. I also have Black Hat and engineer for any things that the enemy may throw my way. We will have 2 people watching garage, one IN graveyard, and 2 watching left side by blue building, while I am pacing the middle. There have been some games where the enemy didn't get to 25-30 kills.

Our clan holds practices for map control and have strategies such as this for all the maps. We hold the practices 1-2 times a week and have other clan members try to break defenses and see where the vulnerable spots are.

Most players just think that they can play hardcore the same way as core, but it just doesn't work that way ESPECIALLY since there is no spawn timer now. I would almost GUARANTEE that if the players that played core played 2 weeks of HC that 50% of them would play it on a regular basis.That number would probably be greater if we had a HC Domination playlist.

nicedrewishfela

Exactly. If played correctly by a full squad of six it is almost a guaranteed rage-inducing experience for the other team.

One of my proudest games, however, I was playing with randoms and spawned in the parking lot. The other team consisted of a full squad and pretty much played how you just described. I died a few times to start the match and they got up by almost 20 kills. I was able to flank through the blue building and went on a rampage. I single-handedly took over the top spawn, somehow got the randoms to work with me and once we spawned there we flipped the script. I watched the Blue Building and finished something like 29-6. The irony was, the other team proceeded to call me a "camper" after the match.

MrCoates28210

Love hardcore most of the time, especially sniping. Equipment is tweaked right & the kills are always consistent, its brilliant to play, how true TDM should be.

But I also LOVE core, its brilliant for AR & sub gameplay as you can use then and not be killed every 2 secs from a back shot, you also get to feel the gun more as you have to fire for longer etc.

For me its hardcore when I'm going for challenges, core for fun play.

Ever since Black Ops 2 came out I've done nothing but Hardcore. I must say it's the best decision I've ever made. Aside from getting the occasional spawning lobbies but, you can easily back out of those.

(:

i love hardcore but onething, i hate the most is in this gamemode. camping is 2x worse then core.

Hardcore has its place but people thinking its better than core have a different opinion to me.

For me hardcore should be renamed bootcamp on this game as its a place to do certain gun challenges and thats it.

The amount of hate messages I've had from people because I'm using pistols while they are running round with PDW's has made me laugh. Again with this game its the players and not the game type but I cannot understand how people think its so much more difficult.

You have players that cant aim and shoot you because they are poor players, players that do it for fun, players that run in front of your bullets. Players that destroy your equipment.

Actually thats my biggest annoyance with hardcore a team mate can destroy your senrty gun/ guardian. but you cant destroy his tac insert when he's sat there boosting with his mate

TheSurgeon83

So because some core players find it easier to do pistol / Dargunov challanges in HC it should just be a playground for you to do challanges?

You can take that selfish point of view an shove it.

Restore_Hardcore

Oh my gosh you exposed us! You're right, HC players can't shoot straight and we just can't play core cause there are too many good players like you. I sure hope you are on my team if we ever play in the same match! What's your YouTube channel? I want to subscribe and hit like.

maccabi

Quasifrodo1 wrote:

Hardcore has its place but people thinking its better than core have a different opinion to me.

For me hardcore should be renamed bootcamp on this game as its a place to do certain gun challenges and thats it.

Some people prefer hc to core and vice versa neither opinion is right its down to personal taste which style of play they prefer doesnt mean one is easier than the other it means people prefer ertian aspects of that variant is all.

the flipside your point about people using hc to do certian challenges is true, i am a hc player but have done all but the svu challenges for snipers in core as i found it easier.. the svu im doing in hc as its a ohk there .

nuttin2say

Quasi,

What you are talking about are the trolls that are in every game mode. The problem is that you notice them more in HC because in HC they can directly harm you.

And there are the people that have never played HC before and think you can come to it with the same strategies and tactics that you use in Core. You can take HC strategy to Core, but you cannot bring Core strategy to HC.

Overall, though, I think you get a more mature player in HC. As I saw in another thread via Trailblazer, one big difference is that you can't shoot first and ask questions later. You have to ask yourself whether or not you should shoot before you actually pull the trigger. If you don't, the consequences are not good. I hate the idiots that don't pay attention to whether or not a teammate is firing his gun or is ADS ... but that falls back on me at the end of the day. I may have to duck out into cover for a couple of seconds while my teammates pass - giving the opponent a chance to get away - before I pull the trigger. That's just the way the game plays.

Sometimes you may shoot your teammate because you're already firing and he runs through your line of fire ... but do you regret that or just accept it as "shut happens."

And, frankly, sometimes I don't care if a teammate is in the way. If there are three foes I can take down easily and my teammate is running through the line of fire, well then my teammate should have been paying closer attention.

Anyway, the reason I think there is less lag in HC is because of the more mature players. More mature players are far more likely to have their connection settings done properly/correctly.

Hardcore is a good playlist and they must add more game modes, such as domination, etc.

Though, I can't play hardcore. When I play, too many spamming snipers, s12 and m1216s. There is a lot of campers in the lobbies I get put in. It doesn't seem enough action-packed as core for me. I like core because it's fun, fast action packed and you can play ground war. I do believe there is a serious lag problem, everyone should know that.

I did the same thing dude, started playing HC after getting frustrated with Core a couple of weeks back and have enjoyed it much better, nice to know that when you shoot someone they generally go down without putting a full clip in them, tried a game of Core again the other night and hated it, it's just a shame atm there's not all the modes for HC that there are for Core and my apologies to those i might have inadvertantly killed getting used to it.

banned-again

i play both core and hardcore and find both equally enjoyable and frustrating at times

I think hardcore functions better than core in this game, personally. That just my own view on the subject, plus to me its also more fun.

Not to jump on the spam wagon, but i do wish they would add more game modes to hardcore already. Not a S&N player and TDM is too slow paced for me, which leaves me with KC and CTF. Those two aren't bad, but the respawn time sometimes gets to me on CTF especially when an enemy(s) end up in your spawn.

How do you get headshots easyer on hardcore?