41 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 10:32 AM by mymorningkill RSS

DON’T SHOOT! DON’T SHOOT!...STFU

CobaltBluGirl

This post is twofold and for the first part I know a lot of people will just tell me...don’t play with randoms. So I’ll cover that response. I like to play with others, and my friends are not always available when I’m ready to play. Also, at least 90% of the people on my friends list I met in random lobbies and I make new friends all the time. So as annoyed as I get with randoms, I’m still gonna play with them.

OK, so almost all of us know by now that if you don’t shoot during the Parkourganism round (or whatever you choose to call them) everyone gets a free perk. And who doesn’t like free stuff? I sure do. But people, once it’s established that your entire group has the concept, please stop yelling “Don’t shoot” over and over every time they come around. We got it, OK? It’s very irritating.

Now for the second part, the one that I would like some feedback on. I freely admit that I’m an average player. I never have and probably never will see round 50 or 60. However, I consider myself to be a good team player. I will follow directions as long as they make sense and are not barked as orders to me (I agree with one poster that a lot of ppl with mics think they’re Hitler). I don’t quit, I’ll take down after down and soldier on when things go bad for me. I’ll keep the last zombie going while others do what they need to. Lord knows how many times I’ve died trying to revive a teammate. I’ll buy doors for you, cover you while you PaP, or stand back and let you take the kills if you need the points. But everyone’s got a limit and it seems I’ve found mine. When we get to the third or higher round of those jumpy little f***ers, trample steams are blown and I get cornered by a few of them, I’M GOING TO SHOOT. No longer will I hold off and lose the 3-4 perks I do have (some of which I paid for) so that we can get a freebie. And no amount of yelling at me is going to change my mind.

So what I want to know is...am I just being selfish? Unreasonable? Thanks in advance for your (civilized) input.

• Re: DON’T SHOOT! DON’T SHOOT!...STFU
    GIZZI

i agree if i have like two pap guns and like three or four perks im shooting so its not selfish its smart and also you get 2000 points for not shooting those guys along with the free perk

FLi_iNc

Happend 2 me at least 3 times in 1 day. I get a free perk buy 2 and when the little jumpers come for me the second time. I hold back from shooting since the punks want 1 free perk so bad and we all eventually go down. Its not worth it. Plus you'l never make it to high rounds dependin on those things for perks.

ydajdimstr

What? You should be trying for 6 perks every time you play... If you forget about them and get trapped, your fault, but by all means shoot your way out... You'll see 7-10 frog rounds in a decent game... The punks want free perks? Come to round 60 with me, bro, see if you don't want a couple extra perks...

GIZZI

also buy claymores and if you get trapped put themdown it effectively kills them and u will still get a free perk

sypher929boi

Who exactly is the first part of your post addressed to? How are the randoms you play with gonna see this message?

I completely agree with you on the second part though. Some players seem to think that's the only way to play the game now. Most of the time you get WW and MK, why am I going to down and lose everything just for a perk I hate?! *sigh*

CobaltBluGirl

OK, so it was a bit of a rant. Hoping that maybe a few people who do that might see it and think "wow, I do that...that's annoying to others? maybe I should stop." LOL...I know thats not just wishful thinking, that's waaaay out in dreamland. Obviously, I'm not adressing those who say at the beginning "You know we get a free perk if we don't shoot during the jumpers? Yes? Ok good." and leave it at that.

S_L_I_C_K

there is no excuse for your tramplesteam to be blown.  the round after the minions show up you should keep 2 walkers and have everyone go get new tramplesteams.  if i use mine for more than 20 seconds i get a new one the first chance i get.  just let a walker beat it until it explodes or go to where you get them, set yours up in a corner and throw grenades at it. usually 1 does the trick.

CobaltBluGirl

In a perfect game, yes. But sometimes, sh*t happens. Someone kills the last zombie and here they come. And there have been plenty of occasions where someone else picked up my trample steam and I can't get another. I'm certainly not saying if the trample steam goes down, I fire away either. I run, knife, claymore, whatever I can before I shoot. But if I get cornered by a few of them, I'm gonna save myself by blowing them away if I have too much to lose.

S_L_I_C_K

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

In a perfect game, yes. But sometimes, sh*t happens. Someone kills the last zombie and here they come. And there have been plenty of occasions where someone else picked up my trample steam and I can't get another. I'm certainly not saying if the trample steam goes down, I fire away either. I run, knife, claymore, whatever I can before I shoot. But if I get cornered by a few of them, I'm gonna save myself by blowing them away if I have too much to lose.

you have 3-4 rounds between minion attacks to get yourself set back up.  we have all killed to many zombies and started the next round accidentally, but if you are doing it 3 tims in a row its time to step back and get control of the room.  people picking up your tramplesteam wont keep you from picking up a new one.  either you left one down somewhere or you are already holding one. we swap them around all the time in our games and as long as you are not currently using one you can pick up a new one.

and i am not saying you shouldnt shoot if it comes down to it, im saying it shouldnt come down to it. 

sypher929boi

S_L_I_C_K wrote:

people picking up your tramplesteam wont keep you from picking up a new one.

Actually this has happened to me plenty of times. I don't know the exact workings and I thought it might be a bug, but it has definitely happened.

CobaltBluGirl

It's happened to me a bunch of times, someone else picks up my TS and the table tells me that I already have one. Maybe they put it down in another spot?

S_L_I_C_K

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

It's happened to me a bunch of times, someone else picks up my TS and the table tells me that I already have one. Maybe they put it down in another spot?

never heard of this.  i use mine to stop the zombies while i help out my teammates when we get to higher rounds, if mine gets broken they will give me theirs, if i dont use the last one they give to me i just hold onto it while they go get new ones.  if its stopping you from picking a new one up it has to be a bug or a glitch of some kind.

ydajdimstr

Maybe you have never played DieRise? If someone hides their flipper, and then takes yours, they now have two and you have none... You can no longer go grab one, as they claimed ownership of yours and you ended with ownership of the hidden flipper...

S_L_I_C_K

ydajdimstr wrote:

Maybe you have never played DieRise? If someone hides their flipper, and then takes yours, they now have two and you have none... You can no longer go grab one, as they claimed ownership of yours and you ended with ownership of the hidden flipper...

yeah thats what it is, i never played dierise.  you are soo smart to figure that out! 

heres an idea, how about read the thread before trying to sound cool?  i have found its better to know what you are talking about before talking, you dont come off as a half wit when you take that approach.

CobaltBluGirl

Did your response mean that since there no excuse for a trample steam to blow that it's my own damn fault and I should take the down/lose my perks and maybe guns? Just curious

shadowwalker831

I use galvaknuckles and claymores and run around in the buddah room. Even when I have like 8 of them on me it is pretty easy using that knuckles and saving the claymores for the bigger groups, you just have to keep moving and only stop for the brief second it takes you to turn around and sock one. Idk about every round but at 47 or so they still only took 2 hits from the galvaknuckles each(solo like I said I'm not sure if this is always constant in every mode.)

scoop121578

i shot in solo during the round and still got a free perk and 2000 points every bullet u fire must hit the ninja novas

JamiSan

Yeah, 100 % accuracy will get you the perk as well fyi.

But  yes I hate the A holes yelling dont shoot!

After the first, maybe second, but definetely third. You should have enough points and experience to not need that one extra perk.

You already have jug, speed cola, all the reast are icing on the cake. Not worth dying over.

NEVER RISK Goimg down for something like that.

I have lost matches on round 5 because of that. If your trample gets blown, and you dont have bowie or galva, then shoot!

Kurt-Cobain

If you think your in trouble shoot, and dont think anyone else wouldnt if they had to.

As far as playing with randoms, everyone is gonna have to sometime. In fact probably most the time. Every single person on my friends list i met through zombies and im lucky to find one person ready to go into a game the exact same time as me. On top of that i only play 4 player games, so 3 friends is a rarity for me. Only happened like a few times at best.

GulfCoastGirl

CobaltBluGirl wrote:

When we get to the third or higher round of those jumpy little f***ers, trample steams are blown and I get cornered by a few of them, I’M GOING TO SHOOT. No longer will I hold off and lose the 3-4 perks I do have (some of which I paid for) so that we can get a freebie. And no amount of yelling at me is going to change my mind.

So what I want to know is...am I just being selfish? Unreasonable? Thanks in advance for your (civilized) input.

Not unreasonable at all.  In fact when I'm playing I always say... hey shoot if you have to.  Sure we all want the free perk and 2000 points but it's not worth losing your other perks or possibly even dying all together if you are separated from the group and go down.  The one time I'd say there is no excuse for shooting is in the very first Dog (mininon) round.  This is early in the game and I've yet to see a player all perked up and gunned up by the first Dog round.  Take the down if it's the first minion round of the game.

All I ask is that if you do have to shoot... SAY SOMETHING.  Let the rest of us know you shot so we aren't killing ourselves running around a TS and getting the snot swatted out of us by the Dogs.  If you shot.... might as well inform the group so we can shoot too.

What I hate is when the round ends and no free perk and no 2000 points and everyone says "it wasn't me, I didn't shoot".  That is such a BS thing to lie about that it really gets under my skin.  I always say right up front if I've shot so I've got no respect for losers who lie about it.  It bugs me so much that after everyone denies it repeatedly I'll say.... "I'm going to watch it back in theater mode so I'll find out who it was"..... then all of the sudden someone will pipe up with "well.... it might have been me".    Honestly I don't care if someone had to shoot.... but if they lie about it then they can't be trusted as teammates and I don't want to play with them in the future.

CobaltBluGirl

GulfCoastGirl wrote:

Take the down if it's the first minion round of the game.

The first or second minion round, I'll take the down. I'll give up a perk and even my gun if need be. I'll still get the free perk and it's early enough that I can live long enough without Jugg to get set back up. But I don't normally get into such a tough spot in the early rounds.

All I ask is that if you do have to shoot... SAY SOMETHING.

I do, and that's when the people who were yelling "don't shoot" over and over yell at me for shooting. I've even fired a round quite accidentally while waiting in the corner for others to line up their TSs and admitted it (and apologizd profusely) and though it looked like someone else had fired no one owned up to it (not that it mattered, one shot is all it takes.) I checked it in theater after and what do you know, I was not the first one to shoot. 

gearsofpaul

I dont Care about the free perk simply because I hate whos who.   I prefer to shoot the novas and buy the perks I want after I have 4 perks you can do whatever you want with the novas

Jwino

If you go to an open area you wont get trapped by them like the red pillar room, trample steam area, spawn or the few open areas by box.

The only thing that annoys me about trying to get a free perk is when I get a group of people who want to camp in a corner with trample steams infront of them which does not work well.

GulfCoastGirl

Jwino wrote:

The only thing that annoys me about trying to get a free perk is when I get a group of people who want to camp in a corner with trample steams infront of them which does not work well.

I don't know why you think it doesn't work well but that works great for me.  I have never been downed while sitting in a corner with my TS.

mymorningkill

I've only ever done the "camping behind a tramplesteam" thing once, and that was during an EE adventure with 3 other people

It worked well but I still prefer to run around knifing the nova crawlers in an open area (like the Bhudda room). Even with four of us camping behind the tramplesteams one crawler managed to make it through and down a guy, who proceeded to scream and cry for the next 20 minutes (even though he didn't have a single perk to begin with...go figure).

But to return to the OP's original point, It always amazes me how annoying and aggressive people can get over the mic during a zombies co-op game.

No, I dont care if you want me to do a particular thing. If I don't want to do it, I'm not going to. Deal with it and we can work together even with different strategies. If you act like a jackass then I'm just going to mute you, let you die after you go down, and laugh about it after you rage quit.

So much crap that happens in a co-op game could be avoided if poeple would just be respectful of each other.

S_L_I_C_K

mymorningkill wrote:

I've only ever done the "camping behind a tramplesteam" thing once, and that was during an EE adventure with 3 other people

It worked well but I still prefer to run around knifing the nova crawlers in an open area (like the Bhudda room). Even with four of us camping behind the tramplesteams one crawler managed to make it through and down a guy, who proceeded to scream and cry for the next 20 minutes (even though he didn't have a single perk to begin with...go figure).

But to return to the OP's original point, It always amazes me how annoying and aggressive people can get over the mic during a zombies co-op game.

No, I dont care if you want me to do a particular thing. If I don't want to do it, I'm not going to. Deal with it and we can work together even with different strategies. If you act like a jackass then I'm just going to mute you, let you die after you go down, and laugh about it after you rage quit.

So much crap that happens in a co-op game could be avoided if poeple would just be respectful of each other.

read the part in yellow, then read the part in green, then think about it.

mymorningkill

SLICK: Being respectful does not equal blinding following someone else's orders in-game.

I'm happy to discuss strategy with anyone, and if it's something I haven't tried, 9 times out of 10 I'm going to give it a whirl. But if it's something I've determined doesn't work for me then I'm not going to do it. Screaming and crying and ******** about it isn't going to change that; and that's what I've experienced in those situations most of the time.

You can be respectful and have a disagreement with another player about how to play the map.

Jwino

GulfCoastGirl wrote:

I don't know why you think it doesn't work well but that works great for me.  I have never been downed while sitting in a corner with my TS.

From my experiance when you have 3 or 4 people behind trample steams somebody always goes down, it's not as bad on round 5 or 6 but later than that it just seems harder.

CMDsHero

Yeah it's very annoying when people yell don't shoot don't shoot exspecially the first time the Nova crawlers come . Easiest way is to build the trampsteam and stay in that room till they come get in that corner and place them as close as possible if one gets through which if done right they shouldn't everybody knifes it. Woah free perk 2000 points after that try not to shoot if you have no way to kill them then shoot . They come enough to be able to get 6 perks even if you shoot them when they come a round .

I've gone down Too many times doing just that so I decided to do the same thing... If I'm cornered without a trample steam or knuckles I'm going to shoot... And I tell my team mates to do the same.... Here is why. As you lose your perks guns and so on it just hurts the whole team! And its a Persons responsibility to survive those rounds...not mine... If they f things up oh well maybe they will get it right next time.

Offliine-id

I always buy Jugg and Bow knife first, till then, no knifing!