27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 6:41 PM by DarkMega RSS

Zombies Kinda A FAIL Now

FLi_iNc

It could just be me. I dont know, but does anyone else get easily bored with Blops 2 Zombies? In Bo1 I never got bored and I still play the game from time to time.

It seems like 3Arch convince you to "Try" to find something new, but when your all hype about some zombie you figure out that their is nothing new.

Tranzit first came out had to been the biggest jump yet. It is, so far, the most mysterious one and the one with more space. Still it was confirmed wait til the other Maps and your in for a suprise. Die Rise came out and less than a week everything seems to be done. Wow. Only thing I hear is "High Rounds" "Lets GO!". That is so boring especially since by round 20 some of the teammates are like "I Gota Go Guys" or "I am Tired". This next map better be able to hold a handful of Zombie players until the next one can come out.

• Re: Zombies Kinda A FAIL Now
    theatriks

FLi_iNc wrote:

Die Rise came out and less than a week everything seems to be done.

To be fair, that's been the same for just about every map.

I do however feel a lack of interesting things to look for. In BO they managed to keep the EE's complex and still have a lot of other things to find. Now we're down to songs, side mission, and a TV.

I still have a load of fun playing though. Die Rise is great with a team.

FLi_iNc

theatriks wrote:

To be fair, that's been the same for just about every map.

That is not true though. Tranzit is still not clearly done and probably will not be finished until much later. It is fair to say that alot of people was expecting Die Rise to be complex just as Tranzit is. The map has its mysterious as far as which way leads to which. But as far as discovery and mystery it really lacks that. Nothing else is interesting about the map, unless you can state otherwise?

theatriks wrote:

I still have a load of fun playing though. Die Rise is great with a team.

I am not saying it is not fun though. Despite my opinion to desperatly figure out why 3Arch waste their time giving us a map that barely come close to any mystery or even the Real EE, I actually enjoyed the map. All maps are great with a good team in my opinion. Not attacking any specific groups or nothing here, but the map was made to figure out stuff right? Well. They did a pretty good job on Die Rise. Again I like going high rounds and stuff some days, but this EE seems to be a bigger topic for me.

theatriks

What is not clear about Tranzit?

FLi_iNc

If you are preferring to Tranzit not being finish then here is why.

1) The Table is still InActive

2) The Lights/Orbs and their Purpose

3) The Second Bus Route

4)Underground Train

Need I say more? Their or at least two others I have not mentioned. If you want a explanation on what makes these a link to Tranzit not being finish then say so.

underground train.. that sound has been debunked long time ago as beeing the wind..

theatriks

The table isn't finished yet because that's a part of the inter-map EE. By that logic Die Rise is still unsolved because the navcard is unused.

scoop121578

the lights and orbs can only be seen by xbox 360 players its a glitch in the coding. and the bus route b is proven false. just because people are unhappy with a reward they look for something that aint there. just like in ascension, shooting batterries that say sparky on them,the whole letters spelling hitsam, let it go already. and the navcard table is built there is nothing more to add to it. all its doing is linking the maps together by turn it to a giant teleporter this how they get to the new maps in future dlc just like how they get to dlc 2 from die rise teleport by the navcard table

Cheesegrater28

The orbs can be seen on ps3 and I think I've read the beams can be seen on pc. And route B is probably real because there is a moon hidden offscreen and the map board lists route A having no night stops. We probably just can't access it till after the nav cards are all linked up.

scoop121578

i still havent seen it and my friends on ps3 still havent seen it i really think its a glitch in the locations coding notice all these orbs and beams can be seen near green street light teleporters the same ones that shoot the beams and orbs out of it after u do the easter egg. look at spiders video showing the orbs in the box in dinner the beam hits the box then the orb comes out if u trace the beam back to the tower it missed that green street light poleby the truck and went under the door to the garage and hit the box.

Cheesegrater28

I've only seen the street light orbs 3 times, and never saw the tower orb. But spiderbites was the first video I saw of the traffic light orb, and he played Tranzit on ps3. And the traffic lights and laundry door aren't really anywhere near the green lamps. There is def something odd about them that seems like bad coding, but one would think Treyarch would have fixed it by now if it was a glitch.

scoop121578

just like they would fix the lag/comp and the freezing on the ps3 and the helicopter audio glitch that u have to turn off the ps3 and reset it to fix it. i think its hardcoded that they cant fix it with a patch

Cheesegrater28

But what's honestly hardcoded at the laundromat door that they might mess up if they deleted whatever code is causing the beams. There's nothing special there. Just a regular wall barrier like anywhere else.

Same thing with the traffic lights. Maybe it's a glitch because they share the same code that the tower uses, since they both use the same morse code, but that doesn't seem like a hard thing to fix either.

I think the only reason to not fix them if it was a glitch would be to keep misleading people that there is more to the map, and if that was the case, then they would probably upset alot of their customers, which isn't something a company there size would want to do intentionally.

scoop121578

its on the same side as the green light teleporter by the bridge going out of town

DeathBringer-Zen

look at spiders video showing the orbs in the box in dinner the beam hits the box then the orb comes out if u trace the beam back to the tower it missed that green street light poleby the truck and went under the door to the garage and hit the box.

That would not explain the orb on the box at farm. There is no lamp near there. Also, if the beams were indeed glitches, then why are they on PC too? And why have we had 3 patches now, and they are still there?

I admit that I believe the beams may be glitches... but not the orbs, but... on the off chance they DO turn out to be glitches, then that is extremely amateurish on Treyarchs part. Something that is definitely possible, seeing as the ToB and High Maintenance are as glitchy as hell.

Telling you... since Jimmy became a Lead Designer, the maps and Easter Eggs have become bland and boring.

scoop121578

Actually  it does whats before the farm a green street light teleporter after the lava from the dinner area before the shortcut to town if the house wasnt there the beam would hit the streetlight teleporter over there i believe i think its just poor programing on treyarchs end cause they rushed the game but hey it just what i think i could be wrong who knows only treyarch does

Pretty much sums zombies up to certain players like myself. I purchased Black Ops 2 just for zombies and at the moment I am highly dissapointed to the lack of content and effort by Treyarch. In Black Ops I played each new map for about a week or so with great interest and then quickly got dis-interested. I figured maybe Treyarch would up their game but so far I am sadly dissapointed...

scoop121578

i blame this on microsoft, activision, treyarch and youtube. microsoft activision and treyarch for getting the deal with the early dlc by the time ps3, and pc get it everythings found and nothing new to look forward to. youtube because everyone is in this mad rush since blops1 to be the 1st on youtube to find the overall easter egg on the map instead of working as a real community and looking for the eggs together like back during the world at war days where all platforms helped each other out. unlike now pc and ps3 sucks cause 360 gets the maps first etc. so in all this isnt really a community effort anymore its about who gets what done 1st. smh

DeathBringer-Zen

Agreed. It has become about who gets it first, and who has bragging rights. Even Spider won't let go of the fact that they were the first to find Shangri La, though who can blame him... he/they wiped away the opposition with that map, and kudos for it.

But yeah, you are right. The YT guys, who don't even frequent here or CoDZ very often, if ever, tread it as their bread and butter, and make no effort in sharing with the community.

This of course excludes NGT, as Spider puts his steps out as he finds them, and he puts a fair bit of time into this forum, when required.

I have respect for him, and him alone, as his videos are realistic in their approach. Unlike PTG, who posted their "Route B Bus Debunked" video, and in it, they called us all, and I quote, "F*cking stupid idiots, who are destroying the, already dying, zombie community, with theories like this"!?!

Yeah, way to go. Give abuse to the subscribers who pay the morons bills for him. The community is as strong as ever, and he is just bitter at what went on in the past, and how the main players in the community cannot stand him/them for it.

DarkMega

I still don't get why Treyarch is holding back on custom stuff. Why not have something in custom games where you start off at round 20 with a custom loadout like a ray gun pap etc. Why not have 8 man lobbies why did they even patch it it wasen't hurting anyone. Why is Turned only on Diner why no custom things to do on Die Rise like Die Rise without perks.