21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 2:06 PM by DeathBringer-Zen RSS

Does Treyarch even read the forums

mikeboy30

like can they see the ideas we post on here

• Re: Does Treyarch even read the forums
    LTSHiNySiDeZ

I highly doubt it.  If they did they might have tried to fix some of the major issues of the game by now.  Unless they just read them and laugh at us as there machines count there $$$$.

get2dachoperrrr

Treyarch don't even run these forums, so they wouldn't need to look here.

theatriks

They've said on many many occasions that they do. And also the CoDZ forum.

They can but they don't. Not a single idea ever posted in the forums has ever been implemented in the game. So even if they do read up on our ideas, they don't pay any mind to them.

theatriks

Attachments. Multiple PaPing. Ability to revive yourself. Ability to go down and come back with your perks. Ability to give points.

Some of the ideas that came from the forums.

Attachments/multiple pap'ing is just a logical progression of the game, We knew these things would come eventually. As far as the who's who and tombstone., I've never seen a post asking for any semblence of either, of course I can't be on the forums all the time so maybe I missed it. The giving points thing is another progression of the game, I doubt it was implemented because players asked for it.

There are countless things players and even the majority of players have asked for that went ignored. Many were great ideas that got loads of support from the communty. I honestly don't think they pay any attention to our feedback with the exception of pointing out glitches. They have their own team with their own ideas which they will use reguardless of what we want.

A great example of this fact is the ammomatic machine that they themselves thought up but never used it. There have been loads of threads asking for a machine like this and they go ignored. It goes to show even something they're on the fence about, and they ultimately lean one way, No amount of community feedback will change their minds.

theatriks

You're choosing to ignore that things were suggested long before they were implemented. "Logical progression of the game" can literally be used for every single thing that will ever be implemented.

The ammomatic was discarded for a reason. Asking for it back wont make the reason disappear.

In WaW's forums I myself asked for a perk that would let us be revived with the other perks still there. If I could think of it then someone else can as well.

Popular suggestions don't mean good suggestions.

DeathBringer-Zen

They may have incorporated these ideas, but it would have been fanboys from YT and Twitter who suggest them. They are not interested in our ideas. If they were, they would bring back round lobbies, and private matches, like 99.99% of users want.

All the things you mentioned have been incorporated, yes, but not very well. They should worry less about persistant garbage, and concentrate on making a good map.

After all... it's been a while.

theatriks

How well is not the point. He said nothing has been used. That's not true.

I honestly wish I were wrong on this and it's fine if you believe they're reading and incorporating our ideas. I believe that if something has been incorporated that was a community suggestion it would have been independent of that suggestion. In other words if they did it they were going to do it anyway wether we suggested it or not. It would merely be a coincedence if the same idea was suggested by the community. I can think of many ideas that we've been begging for and haven't been used, and if someday they do, It won't be because we suggested it, It'll be because the team thought it up on their own. On top of that, I don't think there are many things we can think up that they haven't already. This is their livelyhood. Our little rantings and requests on the forum do not enter into their decision. They will give us a little at a time so as to keep anticipation highest all the time and properly milk the cow.

DeathBringer-Zen

Touche my friend... touche.

Everything you say here I agree except your suggestion it's been awhile since they've made a good map. Die Rise in my opinion is awesome. As u can see in another thread about peoples favorite maps, Some favorites to some people are other peoples hated maps. They cannot please everyone with every map.

kierenlee123

Treyarch do look on the forums its just they can't search every post one of the devs called flyinghaggis on Twitter used to run this forum but then got a job with the treyarch team itself foxhound pro now runs the forum and possibly pass's information forward to the devs I can assure you one of the devs atleast still checks the forum every now and then

DeathBringer-Zen

one of the devs called flyinghaggis on Twitter used to run this forum but then got a job with the treyarch team

Yeah, and Dave is ever so helpful nowadays. Think JimmyMania has got to the rest of the Devs heads. You seen the garbage that Haggis puts out on Twitter sometimes?

They all think they are celebrities now. Posting stupid, nonsensical tweets, that talk about "Touching the Moon", and the likes.

They are all the worst bunch of Devs I have come across. No help whatsoever.

CSAWWWWW

If they do:

FIX THE ELEVATOR/GALVAKNUCKLES SHAFT THAT KILLS YOU WHEN DROPPING DOWN.

PLEASE!!!!

I've switched methods, asked other people what they do, waited a whole minute before taking the next part... Last night gave me one more, falling into the glitch by the AN where you cannot revive yourself, putting my total to at least 12 or so. Very frustrating. The slide to the box has put me down once, but that would be another good one to consider.

FIX THE HELPLESS DEATH GLITCHES!!! IT'S LIKE SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION!!!