1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 121 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 11:42 AM by FourOhOne Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Micro transactions
    deucedouglas

I must say I love this. I bought the season pass and really have no quarrels over them giving Nuketown 2025 away free. I bought my copy in mid-December and still got Nuketown 2025 so no beef there. I absolutely love the extra custom slots. Extra camos and reticles is cool. Part of me wishes this was all part of the season pass but still no complaints over the price of these packages especially since they're all optional.

• 31. Re: Micro transactions
    ChronoZombie

There is no limit to greed other than what the consumer allows.  People have to draw the line somewhere, but the sheer number of children with no impulse control or concept of value who play video games will continually allow publishers to push the limits of what we get charged for.

A game that is free to play(TF2), or very cheap(GCI), I view this kind of add on as support.  The highest grossing game ever, it is exploitation.

• 32. Re: Micro transactions
    JBurn244

Lol people throw the 'greed' card around waaaay too loosely.

At least it's an indicator of people who have no concept of the real world and how a business works. Easier to avoid.

And I must say I am GEEKED about 10 more CaC slots! I'm that guy who wishes he could have every possible combination of perks/weapons available at any time, haha.

• 33. Re: Micro transactions
    JBurn244

Offering low-priced OPTIONAL, WYSIWYG add-ons to a product = exploitation?

You really are on a whole other planet, aren't you?

• 34. Re: Micro transactions
    tracy

Going to go off topic here and ask what do you think the chances are now Nuketown will be in normal rotation, scrap the bonus playlist - creating some extra space and show HC a little more love by adding some game modes, would be nice to see this happen

• 35. Re: Micro transactions
    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

ghostsniper2010 wrote:

well the camo is bacon lol i saw a pic of it. i dont play nuketown as i play hardcore there copying gears of war iv always wanted cod to bring out camos so i can buy them

yeah i did find that funny.. although being jewish im not sure its appropriate i use it

also for anyone who doesnt know whats in the packs..

here's a rundown

nuketown 2025 :free for everyone

Nuketown Zombies :400msp

Extra Slots pack :160 <-- this one is actually well worth it

you get 10 extra cac, 20 more emblem slots, 32 yes 32 film slots and 40 screenshot slots

Flags of the world :80 msp  flags broken down into geographic regions

Well... since I'm a bad jew and love bacon... yay me.

Actually love getting an additional 10 CAC slots I find only 10 limiting, TBH, with so many options to build a kit from. I change kits during a match often as the game or connection changes.

• 36. Re: Micro transactions
    SitRepPro

maccabi wrote:

ghostsniper2010 wrote:

well the camo is bacon lol i saw a pic of it. i dont play nuketown as i play hardcore there copying gears of war iv always wanted cod to bring out camos so i can buy them

yeah i did find that funny.. although being jewish im not sure its appropriate i use it

also for anyone who doesnt know whats in the packs..

here's a rundown

nuketown 2025 :free for everyone

Nuketown Zombies :400msp

Extra Slots pack :160 <-- this one is actually well worth it

you get 10 extra cac, 20 more emblem slots, 32 yes 32 film slots and 40 screenshot slots

Flags of the world :80 msp  flags broken down into geographic regions

As a vegan I wouldn't mind a fruit camo. They could do one for oranges or something.  Then if I kill a particular enemy more times than anyone else then may be he didn't have his 5 a day.

• 37. Re: Micro transactions

I hope not, bad enough the amount of times that Hijacked is in the rotation without Nuketown being added too

• 38. Re: Micro transactions
    deucedouglas

Yeah, it eventually will be but I really wish they would take out the ability for maps to be voted consecutively. I hate playing maps twice in a row. Even with BO1, I loved Firing Range but very rarely did I ever want to play it two games in a row.

• 39. Re: Micro transactions
    ctrl-s

Should have been part of the CE edition. Quadrotor is f-ing useless. LL

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next