15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 4:54 AM by Hootymadman RSS

Never buying a CoD game again. No point when its impossible to find a game without hackers

I play on PC and have purchased every COD came released since monderwarfare came out and every single one of them is unplayable shortly after I drop 60 bucks to buy it because nothing is done to prevent hackers who ruin every game. Me personally dont see what the point is in hacking because how could it be any fun winning a game when you and everyone else knows you cheated. I guess im the minority though because you have to join 10 hacked lobbies to find one that isnt just to play 1 or 2 games till a hacker shows up. Its becomes a waste of time. I will never buy another CoD game because as far as I can tell Infinity ward is either uninterested or unable to prevent hackers on PC because despite constant reporting of hackers nothing ever gets done about it.

• Re: Never buying a CoD game again. No point when its impossible to find a game without hackers

Im from a generation of players that accept the challenge of the game and we become good at it, now we can all see that REAL GAMERS are a dying breed..

Im with you, i like playing this game after a long day working but these.. kids.. ruin all the fun.

You should know that Activision doesnt care about PC players because consoles are it´s main source of income, and as you probably know Microsoft pays them so the game code is written for Xbox 360 and then adapted to PS3 and finaly adapted to PC..

Its sad, for me anyway because im 29yo, to see the gaming industry being so manipulated like this..

Peace and may the power of SKILL grow stronger in you

• Re: Never buying a CoD game again. No point when its impossible to find a game without hackers

Well hackers are the boys and girls who produce and sell the code, it's the cheaters that use the codes, NOW! if you go online they are plenty of sites who sell codes to cheaters clearly advertised, don't get me wrong I dislike both but why don't the Devs go after the hackers who produce the code, then no hacks for the game cheaters would be gone... simples

BehindYou_Tom

True story!

But take a look from this site:  WE are (kind of) the guilties for cheaters in our games.

We tolerate hackers/cheaters insde the game when they play in our team! Okay, sometimes we do not even notice them until it’s getting far too obvious.

For example:  I played a game today and one guy finished his game with 174:0 !! (I made a screenshot – you can check out at my steam account with the same nickname). And you do not need to ask, he used WH, Aimbot, Godmode and he was able to make us all fly and many other low craps. Just sad!

It simply has to be a collective decision of all gamers inside a lobby! Such as stop playing/cheating or everybody will leave! Even you get punished by the game for untimely leaving by loose of points and this game counts as being defeated in your stats.

Besides the obvious cheaters (first 50 of each game type I would dare to say) in the Lobby Highscore List, which fed up this great idea of a worldwide Ranking Overview, there are this amazing high amount of hacked lobbies recently (since Start of 2013?). Every time I linked up to an obvious hacked lobby I leave immediately, just because this simply indicates (also myself) to cheat… receiving hacked abilities due a cheater-host such as flying, endless ammunition, god mode, Teleport etc. it’s so sad and I can’t find any fun with this type of gaming. Is "this" really that EASY to conduct by cheaters?

I Played MW2 for 1.400 hrs and MW3 for 1.300 hrs and there are clear indicators for cheaters doing the same crappy things they did in MW2, which was released in Nov2009! And, of course, there are too many Noobs who calls everybody cheater just for being better –> most of the time the good players simply listen to sounds (footsteps!), which is one of the most important Must-do in MW3 imo.

Please don’t get me wrong, VAC is not that bad as many gamers think, even there are many known instances of the system kicking or banning for FALSE Detections and acc.to the VAC Rules a ban can take up to 3 month to take effect!. PLUS many obvious cheaters got new steam accounts, which you can’t avoid to have. Also Punkbuster, Warden Client (Blizzard), GameGuard (INCA Internet Co., Ltd.), ESLwire (ESL) etc. all of them got their dis-/+advantages, which takes me back to the topic:

I would like to ask you people, what’s the BEST Anti-Cheat for games like MW2/3/4(<-will it be VAC again?) to you, to the gamers out there..?

The problem is a simple one, the P2P system is rubbish, read through the forum and it states they cannot simply ban a cheater, as I could on our server in Cod 4, even the dedicated servers have a very poor admin tool, and Vac has an history of banning players for no reason.  as a long time PC gamer, and have spent over the years a lot of money on rigs and games, and a Cod fan we the user have been let down by the games poor online system, i.e. no ranked dedi servers and the poor lobby ranking system, and the fact that 90% of all games played have one or more cheaters in the using all sort of hacks, thus making the game unplayable to normal gamers, and as for anti cheat system Punkbuster would be nice, and why steam in the first place, I don't need steam for Cod 4 or WAW and you can get your own DRS with punkbuster and rcon to police any suspect players who enter your server. I have not played this game online for ages, because of all those cheaters, the game is just not fun to play ...

Defibrilator

The best way is with ranked dedicated servers. Nothing else. It have been proven to work perfectly because the cheaters get unrealisticly high K/D ratio and when we have a system to match people by how good they play and put them together in one server soon all the cheaters will have no other choice but to play against themselves and the normal players are left with cheater free environment to play.

What about the good players? The good players still can't get K/D ratio of 100+ especially when they play against other good players, they are bound to get killed from time to time ...

This system have worked for many, many, many years and the only reason the companies have stopped doing them is that it is way easyer to play pirated copies of the game. They prefer to have cheaters destroying the game and to get another one out and keep this cycle than making a great game that no one ill buy since they can play it for free ...

This is the reason why I will never ever buy anything from Activision or EA or any other big company out there. Look at L4D series - dedicated servers, no cheaters, well the community is all ****** up but although there are hundreds of people who play it for free there are allso hundreds of people who buy it just because it don't cost 50 euro and because it don't have payed DLCs and **** like CoD or Battlefield ... and form time to time there is a 75% off from the price and you can actually buy the game for 3.5 euro ... so **** ACTIVISION and **** ALL BIG GAMING CORPORATIONS that only think about money and don't even play their own games ...

nuff said ...

chnsaw

The 2% PC stat kind of explains it all, why bother with the measly 2% of the game sales?

It still means they are over 160000 plus PC gamers out there playing MW3, that by law should get support from the devs, and some sort of working anti cheat system, so the sales for consoles are a lot bigger than PC, it's been leaning that way for years, 5 years ago they said no one would produce games for PC's anymore but they still do. look at the likes of steam and Origin, there are millions of users all have PC's.  I did not get BO2 because of the feedback in the forum, I wish now I read this forum first before spending £35 on a game made unplayable by cheaters.

chnsaw

160,000 as opposed to the millions of platform players means that they will get the attention, not the PC players.

I agree with you, I did not buy the new game either and will not buy anything from them until the issue is addressed.

One thing I wonder about, do the powers that be look at these forums? I don't thinks so, or else we would see some type of response to the questions that are posted here. I mean, if this forum is using the MW logo, one would think that the company would at least monitor the forum and address the issues or at least tell people why they cannot do something about the problem.

Way Way back when it was a Cod 4 forum, you could ask a question and fellow forum members and the dev's would reply to your post,  it looks like no one other than PC Users answer questions, on the forum, which is not a bad thing but a little feedback from the Dev's would help, and yes there are a few million consol users, but lets see how many stay with the consol when they can only purchase full price games, as they are going to stop "or changing" pre-owned games sales for the consol gamers.

Message was edited by: Hootymadman

There are quite a few people out there who use the host tool to take care of hackers as they arise, but sadly there are not enough who use it properly, and the tool tends to crash games every other time when used. As for why people cheat, i am baffled. It isn't the person that wins the match, but the cheats they use. How could someone who isn't a blatant troll take any satisfaction from a game when they aimbot or see through walls?

chnsaw

It's due to the fact that they cannot seem to be able to play the game with any success if they don't have some kind of cheat.

At least you would think that they could ban the games that are modded so that the points are astronomical, unlimited ammo, and no one can die, so I guess we will be saddled with the fact that the devs don't care, the company has our money and if you don't like it , too bad.

Really a shame as the game is a good one, and would be great without the cheating.

BTW, I got an e-mail saying I could buy the new game at a discount, the only way I would have it was if it was free, no more money from me....

It's sad because this game could have been great, and up there with Cod 4 and remembered as being one of the PC's greatest Cod games, but it will be remembered as one of the most hacked games ever, released for the PC with 0 support from the Dev's.  I cannot understand why players turn to cheats to win games, knowing they will get banned then have the hard face cheek to come into the forum and ask for help from legit players.

Message was edited by: Hootymadman