21 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 5:21 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

BO I not BO II

trialstardragon

Just recently went and played some BO I games with friends. There was only 28K players online playing it. But even with that few amount.. Ya know what was not seen in the game. The problems that BO II has. No lag issues, no hitmarkers in HC. One bust from the M16 always killed even at long ranges. Snipers all killed in one shot no matter the sniper or range fired or where hit. Was actually fun to play on the old maps with old guns and have them work as they should. Strange that a game with less players works better than a game with more players.

• Re: BO I not BO II

Ofcourse it's more stable its been out for 2 and half years! If I remember right it took them 13 month to properly sort black ops 1 out! Also, its hardly perfect. It's been hacked to death. If iremember right theres even a video you can watch in the theatre to remove recoil from any guns!

trialstardragon

Did not have one problem wiht hacks the entire time I played it, Not one hacked lobby or player at all. Point being made if they could get that one to to work so smooth there is no excuse for the problems this one now has.

It will probrably take them 13 months to sort this one out aswell haha!

trialstardragon

Which is ridiculous if that is the case for really they are not sorting anything out what is happening is enough move on to the new game with their less the adequate connection and mess it up leaving those that stay behind with less poorly chosen hosts.

Did not have a problem finding a match, did not have a problem with lag, did not have a problem with host migration failing or taking forever, did not have a problem with hit detection. Everything worked smooth.

And even when the game first came out it worked better than this game did at launch and now does. So something else is up, for this game really should not be having the problems it does as often as it does.

scotland-rules

Agreed, Black Ops 1 had a rocky start, I'll admit it, but honestly after one month it was smooth sailing for me.

Sure the odd lag or failed host migration.

However, guns worked,

Spawns didn't fudge you over

Game play was smooth

No hit markers on hardcore

Less Team Killing

Diversity in weapon usage

SMGs didn't dominate the game

God the list is endless.

You sure you're not thinking of mw3?In the few weks i actualy played that game i ran into a load of hackers and  it took them until the end of its cycle to fix the lag(or so iv been told)Never once did i see a hacker on bo1 and I played it almost every night for two years!

I played bo1 fron the day it were released until the day BO2 were released. There are a fair few hackers in it, you just need to know how to spot them! The main thing going around that game is the no recoil glitch. Next time your on BO1 go in the theatre or what ever its called (lets you look at other peoples videos) change the search to highest rated and look at all the videos that are called either no recoil or infected!

Treloise wrote:

Ofcourse it's more stable its been out for 2 and half years! If I remember right it took them 13 month to properly sort black ops 1 out! Also, its hardly perfect. It's been hacked to death. If iremember right theres even a video you can watch in the theatre to remove recoil from any guns!

Every BOPS2 match feels like it is infected to me. Everyone seems to be using some kind of broken camera, lag comp, spawn hack. I have gone into games where even though I see people first and fire, they never die! I always die though! Seems there is a spawn exploit going on too. I kill someone, they spawn right behind me and return the favour. Or, I get spawned right into the sites of another player.

starbuckfrack

I think what it is about running smoother is the TYPE of connections that play the games when they are hot.

For example right now you got players using their 3g thumbsticks to play Blops2 when they used to play Blops1.

blarkw

Ive been saying this very thing since blops 2 game out. I don't see how the same maker of two games can get something so wrong the second time around. If anything it should have been way better.

I still love playing blops 1 and do still switch back and forth. If my friends still played blops 1 I would play it more often.

I and friends have recently gone back to playing BOPS1, Sure, there are still BS moments, but unlike BOPS2 they do not occur by the bucket load every single match.

I am loving BOPS1 again due to guns that actually work, maps that are fun and.... oh, what the hell, I was going to put in a big list here, but at the end of the day, BOPS1 feels like fun, and BOPS2 feels like a chore (even in the pre game lobby!). Gaming should be fun, and BOPS1 delivers on that front way more than BOPS2.

Gunzby

I bought blops 1 about three months before blops 2 came out and the connection was horrible. At first I thought it was because I was new, but it didn't get better. For some reason the last week I played it all the sudden the connection was awesome.

I went from negative/barely positive to double positive in one day. I certainly didn't get that much better in one day.

starbuckfrack

After all these posts I am going back to Blops 1 for a week.

And thanks to tommyguns pointing it out I wouldnt have noticed. (10000)

Izjar11

Lag comp is a make believe dragon that strolls through video games like a zombie on vacation.

http://www.21stcenturyfilth.com/uploaded_images/ZombiePoster_VACATION_sm-769300.jpg

matuzz

With out lag comp people would still complain...

MW2 is regarded as the best CoD when talked about netcode amongst console players.... Guess what?

It had lag comp too!

scotland-rules

Black Ops 1 was my fav of the recent CoDs simply because it actually worked after a few patches?

What we are on patch 1.6 and still major fudge ups

ghosthound

BO1 doesn't have any issues anymore beacuse most people are now playing BO 2.

Im_A_Drag85

this post is definitely not "off-topic" but "on-point"

Well said!  BO1 is still a great game