32 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 5:54 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Microtransactions makes it to Yahoo page

SheSaidNo

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/5-video-game-features-could-live-without -192935445.html

Well the article isn't just about Call of Duty, it's good to see that gamers all around are unhappy about being nickle and dimed.

• Re: Microtransactions makes it to Yahoo page
    nickpeck36

Can you post comments on it to point out how "gamers" are self entitled morons that don't have to spend a penny more than what they have to to get the game?  ALL DLC and microtransactions are a choice that only "you" can make to buy, no one forces you do so.

And god forbid that you have to pay for more choices for a game.  Considering this is a first for the CoD series, where have these gamers "been" since DLC started?  Funny how said "gamers" are the ones that wanted add on contect to begin with to make thier games last longer.  They get it, then complain because everything isn't free.  Sad reality these days, so many idiots, so little time.

Spaceboss

They are nugging it in. Soon - not to over exaggerate anything but they could sell the customer more and more for little things. i.e. this could be going to far but not far fetched at all but they could sell us bullets to use in the weapons. Nothing has to be in game.  I don't really feel like arguing over chump change although it will most likely progress into more so I have to go with my first instinct on the issue and oppose it. 

We paid for season pass so to say we are asking for something to be free we are not.   Yes we are getting what the ad said although what a ruse. Meaning When I purchased the season pass I got it thinking that is all I need to purchase for in game content. I know it may not say that but who would've bought it knowing they got a half asssed pass that's not a full access season pass and they would sell us this microtransaction content?  I might of still bought it but at least I couldn't blame them for doing it in a "Con" of a way. It's like we are locked in to the game and to get more we have to pay more. That is what's cheap about this microtrasaction dlc. Not that it is availible. It's the way they did it.

Yes it may start here and whos to stop them from doing it in between all the dlc's or more often? So a game that I thought would cost in full is not full I have to keep purchasing content if I want it. That is ok to an extent although I and many didn't know this when we purchased the season pass or nor the game.

I just feel this is going into a direction that is ridiculous I mean the flag playercards come on we know that's not new to the Cod games. You guys known about this from the start so to do this to your customers is outrageously selfish. 

Papabear610

Listen idiot, when you move out of your mama's house and have to pay your own way in this world then you will understand the ********. I already paid 50.00 for dlc for 2 accounts and now I need to pay more? Bullcrap ive put 100.00 x 2 for game already and now I need to pay more? No I'd like to just give me my money back for the dlc and ill buy another game and play it. This is blizzard's doing, (the owners of Activision, funny activision went to buy out Blizzard and blizzars turned around and bought them out) Seriously though, you wanna add more content fine, but if you tell me im buying the season passes for all the dlc and then dont give me all the dlc , yes I have a right to bw upset, so you can take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont don't shine.

djacks400

Speaking of muturity and paying you're own way. Envying others because they chose to buy something and you are mad because just like them, for you to have it, you would have to pay also is just plain childish. As long as the content they are charging for isn't giving someone a compettive advantage over me, let them charge as much as they want for it, and I choose not to buy it.

SmokeyWIENER

...The season pass is only for the 4 map packs Nuketown Zombies and the Calling Card...so...no you dont have the right to be a lil baby bout the new DLC.  its an option dont want to spend more money...then dont its that simple.  i been on my own since i was 18, 6 years later i am still on my own working paying my way through as well as supporting my gaming pleasures i paid for the game and the season pass and then with the new DLC i found it to be rather pointless...geuss what...ill tell you a secrete i didnt buy it 0_0.  whats even more amazing i am sure your goin tell me you are older than me or correct my spelling/grammar but thats ok...cause i dont turn into a lil ***** because i feel intitled to something that im not and dont get it...if you honestly dont want companies to try and make even more money then  you may not want to wake up from your fantasy world it seems nice there

maccabi

Papabear610 wrote:

but if you tell me im buying the season passes for all the dlc and then dont give me all the dlc , yes I have a right to bw upset, so you can take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont don't shine.

i am assuming like others in your tar and feather party you didnt read or entirely missed the whacking great wording on the season pass that said it entitles you to the MAP packs?

yes you're entitled to an opinion and yes you have a right to be upset BUT only with yourself as you didnt read what you were buying.

Papabear610 wrote:

and now I need to pay more?

need implies you have too the camos are optional they do not give anyone an advantage or disadvantage owning or not owning them.

SheSaidNo

Personally, I don't care if people spend money on things like decking out their guns or titles.  If someone wants to spend some money to look pretty then by all means, go for it.

I think where the line gets blurry is on paying for an advantage.  For example, paying for the extra class slots could be viewed as that.  Will that person shoot and aim better in game?  No, not really.  But it will give them more options which normally had to be earned.  So it kind of falls into that gray area.

As for the DLC, I do think that's fine that it should be bought.  But I think whatever they promise in the beginning, should be maintained and held to their word.  Things being available to only presale customers should stay that way and not be offered to everyone else for free later on.

StubbornLeech07x

SheSaidNo wrote:

I think where the line gets blurry is on paying for an advantage.  For example, paying for the extra class slots could be viewed as that.  Will that person shoot and aim better in game?  No, not really.  But it will give them more options which normally had to be earned.  So it kind of falls into that gray area.

I don't see how these can be viewed as an advantage.   You still have all the same weapons, perks, attachments and equipment as everyone else, so it is not like you have an advantage because you have somehow gotten something others don't have.  Also you still can only use what you have unlocked at that point, it doesn't unlock anything for you.  Plus you are forced to pick a set of ten at the beginning of a game and are forced to stay with that set of ten for the whole game, giving you the same number of cac slots as everyone else in the game.

SheSaidNo wrote:

As for the DLC, I do think that's fine that it should be bought.  But I think whatever they promise in the beginning, should be maintained and held to their word.  Things being available to only presale customers should stay that way and not be offered to everyone else for free later on.

The only way that works is if whatever is offered for presale is a camo or calling card or something that is purely decorative so to speak.  There is no way they would spend money creating maps just for the people who preorder the game, it is simply a sales ploy.  Also in regards to this game, you didn't pay extra for Nuketown 2025 or Nuketown zombies, so who cares if they give it to everyone for free. 

nickpeck36

It's not even that, once you are in a game you only have access to that ONE set, it's not like you can change between 100 sets per game anytime you want.  All it does is allow you to have extra sets saved around and hope you have the right set picked when you start or else you are stuck with the wrong loadouts for a certain map.

It's not an advantage at all honestly.  I only did it because I simply DO NOT LIKE prestiging over and over again. I do it once and that's about it. Now I can live with having to edit my load outs all of the time but being able to save everything now is big time saver. 

Though to be honest, it is tricky to make sure that per set I have backup load outs so I don't get caught with stuff I don't need.  I'm still trying to make sure everything is set correctly because I always think I have it figured out to then get in a game and realize I forgot an smg loadout and I'm only rolling shotguns lol.

SitRepPro

SheSaidNo wrote:

Personally, I don't care if people spend money on things like decking out their guns or titles.  If someone wants to spend some money to look pretty then by all means, go for it.

Then get rid of the unlock system.  All that does is give people who level up quicker and play the game more, especially upon release, an advantage.

xmrythem

i love the amount of people crying over $2 for OPTIONAL content that is for eye candy only.

ctrl-s

When did Yahoo get a games column? LL

CowboySr

Surprisingly a good article by Yahoo. Caught me off gaurd. Listen guys, opinions are gonna split on paying for DLC. Some dont think its a big deal, others dont htink its worth it, some including myself feel they mislead us and find other ways to get us for even more.  The answer is simple though. If you dont like the way a company runs, dont endorse its product. If you feel its worth it, then do.   If they realize not enough people are supporting it, they'll drop it in the next title. I for one have always bought the DLC packs for all of the CODs. After MW3's crappy elite, I vowed not to buy it again. I also wont pay for bacon skins, and for that matter I wont be buying season passes anymore as the content for MW3 was horrible and strung out, and the BOPS2 is similar.  More than anything I usually play these games heavy until about the 6 mo mark, then once and awhile in the 6-9 mo mark and not at all in the last 3 mo leading up to the new COD.  Problem is most of the DLC comes out in the months nobody is playing....

So never again activision!

xmrythem

I agree with you completely. I don't care for bacon skins, nor do I care for pink lancers and rainbow colored gnashers. I buy the game becuase I enjoy it and enjoy playing it. I don't buy the game to run around the map with a purple shield. I think all games should have customizations like this. It gives people tons of options to play. Thats the key word, OPTIONS.

As its stated, optional DLC content should not effect game play in anyway, and it doesn't. You don't hear people whining about microsoft charging people for avatars and digital avatar shoes and pants do you? Treyarch is a business, and the purpose of all businesses is to make money and be successful. By giving players optional content is a win win for all. Treyarch get to design new stuff and receive and income from it. You as the player get it at a very cheap price and the OPTION to buy it.

people need to stop whining. It's like, every bit of black ops 2 stuff that has or will EVER be created, the end user, the player, should get it for free. Why would you think it would ever be this way? It won't be, get over it.

stop whining.

nicedrewishfela

Everything costs.

Get used to it.

doctazoidberg

tons of people are cheap to get these new camos, I can spare 160 ponts on a "cool" emblem that nobody else has. I enjoy having a camo that the majority of players dont have. If they were all free for everyone then I would just use the diamond camo.

scoop121578

so everyone is happy then about them trying to make more money off of this rushed, halfass, 10 year old engine, bad hit detection, lag/comp, nerfing guns that dont need to be nerfed, the aimbot expolit aka quickscoping, the horrible audio glitch on ps3 that u have to turn off the system and turn it back on to get rid of it and not fixing the real issues at hand.

# fixyourfckinggametreyarch

# dontfixwhataintbroke

jwaller123

So Treyarch is trying is trying to make more money? Wow!! Isn't that what a business is "supposed" to do? I know if I were in charge of a business that would be my motive. If you don't like it then don't buy it. That simple. If you like it then your gonna have to pay. I personally won't purchase any of it for my use, but I have two sons who would LOVE to have it. So I will more than likely be getting some of it for them. Not everything in this world is free.

starbuckfrack

Why didnt you actually link the article that had to do with COD instead ?

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/microtransactions-invade-call-duty-19122 0268.html

Which BTW doesnt mention a thing about customers thoughts about being nickled and dimed.