4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2013 5:19 PM by cherioo___ RSS

"Suggestions" for the Next Installment of the Call of Duty Series.

Vaynglorious

1) Remove all Deathstreaks.  Pretty self explainatory.

2) Remove ALL UAV's / C UAV's.  We don't need them, at all.

3) Remove ANY killing support kill streak.  Stealth Bombers shouldn't be allowed.  Period.

4) Recieving a LOSS for anytime someone dashboards that is host.  The only way you should be able to RECIEVE a loss is if the game has ended and you are on the losing team and / or you quit in the middle of the match.  Getting a loss because of someone dashboarding is a little unfair.  Same with "server interupted."  Quit that ****.

5) Never put any vehicles in this game.  Leave that in the Battle Field series.

6) Cracking down on spawn trapping / boosting.  I see you reset boosters all the time, but never any spawn trappers.  Go into ANY ground war games at night time and you'll see at least two or three lobbies full of nine man spawn trapping parties.  Instant respawn death.  Fix that ****

7) Allow quests in Mercenary modes.

8) Better lag compensation.  I'm pretty sure Call of Duty fans wouldn't mind paying a five dollar fee to get at least a few dedicated servers in this game.

9) Infected gamemode.  Either remove throwing knives or remove the extreme conditioning.  Pick one.

That is all.  I'll add to this list later.

• Re: "Suggestions" for the Next Installment of the Call of Duty Series.
    frats74

http://www.callofduty.com/message/205579314#205579314

However, I am bored...

Vaynglorious wrote:

1) Remove all Deathstreaks.  Pretty self explainatory.

Nope, it's not self explainatory. Why?

Vaynglorious wrote:

2) Remove ALL UAV's / C UAV's.  We don't need them, at all.

Who's we?

That won't happen.

Vaynglorious wrote:

3) Remove ANY killing support kill streak.  Stealth Bombers shouldn't be allowed.  Period.

Why? Question mark.

Vaynglorious wrote:

4) Recieving a LOSS for anytime someone dashboards that is host.  The only way you should be able to RECIEVE a loss is if the game has ended and you are on the losing team and / or you quit in the middle of the match.  Getting a loss because of someone dashboarding is a little unfair.  Same with "server interupted."  Quit that ****.

You don't receive a loss when a game abruptly ends because a host leaves.

Vaynglorious wrote:

5) Never put any vehicles in this game.  Leave that in the Battle Field series.

Like the one's in Killstreaks?

Vaynglorious wrote:

6) Cracking down on spawn trapping / boosting.  I see you reset boosters all the time, but never any spawn trappers.  Go into ANY ground war games at night time and you'll see at least two or three lobbies full of nine man spawn trapping parties.  Instant respawn death.  Fix that ****

Spawn Trapping is not the same as Spawn Killing and it's a tactic that's been around since Domination.

ie.

A team Dominates two points and the other team respawns near the third Undominated point. They can move around after they respawn to take cover or to take over a dominated point from the other team.

Vaynglorious wrote:

7) Allow quests in Mercenary modes.

This is not Dungeons & Dragons.

Vaynglorious wrote:

8) Better lag compensation.  I'm pretty sure Call of Duty fans wouldn't mind paying a five dollar fee to get at least a few dedicated servers in this game.

There were servers in the older COD games, but it was eliminated for financial reasons. I personally wouldn't mind paying a little extra but having a server now will make it vulnerable to hacks.

Vaynglorious wrote:

9) Infected gamemode.  Either remove throwing knives or remove the extreme conditioning.  Pick one.

Why?

Vaynglorious wrote:

That is all.  I'll add to this list later.

I can't wait...

Vaynglorious

1)  Deathstreaks - Not needed in this game.  You should not be rewarded by being a bad player.  They didn't have death streaks in the first two Call of Duties.  Why bring them back from MW2 and MW3.

2)  We as in the majority of the community.  Apparently with the exception of you.  UAV's are the center of everything that is wrong with this game.  It goes into why people complain about Ghost / Assassin.  Get rid of UAV's, less ********.

3)  Killsteaks are suppose to reward those for doing good in the game.  Not for those who die.  I understand the support streak, but I don't understand why Stealth Bomber is in there.  Queston answered

4)  Yes, you do.  If the host dashboards halfway till the end of the match, you still get a loss.  That's where HALF of my losses come from.

5)  You didn't fully understand why I stated about the spawn trapping.  I can completely understand the idea behind it.  But to lay down behind a wall and use OverKill / Scavenger Pro and spray into a spawn where people SPAWN.  IE, player A holds both triggers and gets one to two kills PER second because the player spawning has NO WHERE to go.  I may have to post a informational video if you don't understand further.

6)  Guests.  Not Quests.  Mistype.

7)  Servers. People still hack every Call of Duty game regardless of it or not.

8)  They aren't both needed.  Infected people SHOULD have one or the other.  But to be able to sprint fast, knife lunge across the map, and then be able to use throwing knives anyways.  It's unfair.  I understand, you get a gun.  But, go back to the way it used to be.

9)  I'll have more soon, I promise.

frats74

Vaynglorious wrote:

1)  Deathstreaks - Not needed in this game.  You should not be rewarded by being a bad player.  They didn't have death streaks in the first two Call of Duties.  Why bring them back from MW2 and MW3.

Logically, since Deathstreaks were not in the early COD games they cannot be brought back; Deathstreaks were an added in MW2 that were brought back in MW3.

Don't think of Deathstreaks as a reward for the enemy you killed, think of it as a challenge you earned for having killed an enemy many times.

ie.

Juiced allows the enemy you killed to move faster for a few seconds so he can get back at you.

Revenge shows the enemy you killed where you are.

Final Stand allows the enemy to still crawl around (when "killed") and use their primary weapon and come back to full recovery.

Martydom and Deadman's Hand allows the enemy to kill you along with them, like a suicide bomber would in Survival Mode.

Hollow Points increases the enemy's chance of killing you with their bullets.

** The Challenge is obviously in killing them (I suggest from a distance!) before they kill you, with the odds slightly tipped in their favor.

Plus, this will certainly give gamers a challenge in earning a high K/D Ratio, Killstreak or MOAB.

Vaynglorious wrote:

2)  We as in the majority of the community.  Apparently with the exception of you.  UAV's are the center of everything that is wrong with this game.  It goes into why people complain about Ghost / Assassin.  Get rid of UAV's, less ********.

Majority - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/majority

So, basically a percentage equalling more than half. 50.1% would be a Majority. How do you know 50.1% of gamers agree with you? Explain.

Why are UAV's the center of everything that is wrong with this game? Explain.

** I believe Cheaters, Boosters, and Hackers are what's wrong with the game.

Assassin and Ghost Perks are nemesis to UAV's. Suggesting to get rid of UAV's would also mean that Assassin and Ghost Perks would have to be removed too since they have nothing to cancel out. Basically, they'll just be useless Perks.

Also, since UAV's are low Killstreak rewards, the Titles and Emblems associated with it are within reach of the new and unskilled gamers that would be otherwise hard to obtain due to them playing against a sea of skilled and seasoned COD veterans. It also gives them a chance to level up honestly and stay in the game.

I'm not an expert or pro gamer. I don't compete for MLG. I don't have a "wallhack" or "aimbot". I'm not psychic. I don't know the enemies' precise locations unless I see them in front of me, as red dots on the HUD because they were shooting their guns or if a teammate earns a UAV. I am grateful and appreciative for it. It also helps when I have a Predator Missile ready. At least, I have a better idea of where to send it.

** Some gamers would just resort to Boosting if teammates and enemies didn't know where they are.

Vaynglorious wrote:

3)  Killsteaks are suppose to reward those for doing good in the game.  Not for those who die.  I understand the support streak, but I don't understand why Stealth Bomber is in there.  Queston answered

Support Killstreaks give the new and unskilled gamers a chance to earn something, even as incentive to stay in the game in case they're the host. Because if they are the host and they back out, then the game ends and everyone is pissed. If they stay, then the game continues.

Does a Stealth Bomber in the hands of an enemy you've killed over-and-over again scare you?

Furthermore, with Support Killstreaks, the Titles and Emblems that are associated with them are within reach of the new and unskilled gamers that would be otherwise hard to obtain due to them playing against a sea of skilled and seasoned COD veterans. It also gives them a chance to level up honestly and stay in the game.

** It's better that way than for them to Boost.

Vaynglorious wrote:

4)  Yes, you do.  If the host dashboards halfway till the end of the match, you still get a loss.  That's where HALF of my losses come from.

No, it doesn't.

Leaving a game early whether losing or winning will not earn you that same result. Regardless if it's a host who Dashboards or if it's your personal decision to leave the game early. What stays with you are your Kills and your Deaths while Assists and Killstreaks will be "0" regardless of how many you kill. These stats will be recorded on your Elite Page. This gives an indication if you left the game early.

ie.

You join a game already in progress. You made 10 kills and no deaths, but realize that no matter what you do your team is still losing because they're deadweight n00bs. You're pissed off and decide to leave early. Minutes later, on your Elite Page in Recent Matches, that last match you had will record the 10 Kills and the 0 Deaths. The Assist and Killstreaks will both be "0" to indicate that you left early. The result of that match will also show regardless if it's "Victory" or "Defeat", but it will not count towards your Win/Loss. Logically, how can you win or lose a game if you were no longer a part of it/did not stay till the end.

If the game ends because of host issues, there will be no record of it. There's only a record of a match if it finishes to the end, whether you're still in it or not.

Vaynglorious wrote:

5)  You didn't fully understand why I stated about the spawn trapping.  I can completely understand the idea behind it.  But to lay down behind a wall and use OverKill / Scavenger Pro and spray into a spawn where people SPAWN.  IE, player A holds both triggers and gets one to two kills PER second because the player spawning has NO WHERE to go.  I may have to post a informational video if you don't understand further.

I actually fully understand. That is Spawn Killiing. Here's a link from this Forum when it was discussed months ago.

http://www.callofduty.com/message/413326406

Spawn Trapping is completely different.

Spawn Killing is a form of Boosting. The enemy respawns in a certain spot, the same way an enemy respawns in a certain spot because of a Tactical Insertion Flare and is not given a chance to run away or to defend himself.

**The Ban Hammer will come down again.

Vaynglorious wrote:

6)  Guests.  Not Quests.  Mistype.

"Guests" for Mercenary Mode? Explain.

I don't know if you're planning on having coffee and crumb cake with these guests or Gin and tonic.

Vaynglorious wrote:

7)  Servers. People still hack every Call of Duty game regardless of it or not.

Agree. Which is why it's not a good idea to have a known physical location that has an IP Address.

The World Of Warcraft Server was hacked years ago because the hacker was able to trace the IP Address and stole Names and Credit Card info.

Vaynglorious wrote:

8)  They aren't both needed.  Infected people SHOULD have one or the other.  But to be able to sprint fast, knife lunge across the map, and then be able to use throwing knives anyways.  It's unfair.  I understand, you get a gun.  But, go back to the way it used to be.

This gives the survivors a better chance of killing the infected rather than just fleeing and hiding; a challenge for the infected.

Vaynglorious wrote:

9)  I'll have more soon, I promise.

Okay... +1.

Also, what ever happened to your complaint about vehicles? Something about leaving that for the Battlefield Series... it was in your original post.

Message was edited by: frats74

I think the next COD game should have a new game mode called tag.In thegame you have an explosive throwing knife and you have a certain amount of time for you have to get a kill with it before it explodes on you. If you miss the clock is still ticking and eventually the knife will come back to you. If you do not get a kill before the time runs out you are eliminated. So it kinda acts like infected and you have ulimited UAV to help you.