12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 10:46 AM by TL_Bare_B_V2 RSS

Hardcore – what are the rules?

Jake02

Just started playing hardcore, and I am uncertain of the rules when it comes to what types of equipment/score streaks causes your teammates to be killed by you. I know that friendly fire from you gun will kill them. But what about all of the other stuff, like air strikes, and do any of these kill your teammate, but don’t count as a friendly kill towards getting you kicked?  And what about claymores, can your teammate trip them and be killed counting as a friendly kill?

Thanks,

Jake

• Re: Hardcore – what are the rules?
    tracy

Any lethal equipment or killstreak can kill a friendly and counts towards your tally of team kills, another thread said claymores are better to run than bouncies - safer I think, hunter killer and guardians are ok as well as uav, cuav, orbital vsat, other streaks can be a little risky as teamates can be killed if in wrong place but can still be used with care. In HC teamates can also destroy any of your equipment so be careful.

Jake02

Ok, good to know, what about tactical load outs, do any of them affect friendlies, in core they can cause a small amount of damage besides what they are designed to do, does that transfer onto near-by team members?

crustybread

All tactical grenades will cause impact damage. Concussion, Flash, Shock charge and EMP will all affect your teammates. However shock charge will not be triggered by teammates. Sensor grenade will not target teammates but they can be damaged by the explosion.

Jake02

Wow, so basically anything that can cause damage to a enemy will have equal effect on teammates, except the Guardian.  For instance a teammate is at very low health and I discharge a tactical grenade near him, that could result in his death and I would get charged with a friendly kill?

phxs72

Yes that would be correct.  Hardcore is pretty close to real life consequences.  Btw when you hear the annoucer say "get that **** out of here" or "I'm sick of that ****" that is someone on your team getting kicked from the game for friendly fire.  I've been playing a lot of HC lately working on the auto shotguns and I'm amazed at how often someone gets kicked from a match.  It's like people must be going out of their way to get kicked.  It hasn't happened to me yet but I don't tend to get more than 2 friendly kills in a match and often walk away with zero.

TL_Bare_B_V2

Warthog team kills don't count towards the 3TK's