11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2013 12:25 PM by illoominati RSS

fresh start from prestige master AFTER selecting CaC slot?

illoominati

Is it possible?

I have no clue why I did it, but it was one of those things where I was considering a fresh start, headed into prestige rewards after making it to prestige master, and selected a new create a class slot. I don't even use the 5 you're given. I have 8 now, and have absolutely no use for at least 3 of them.

That's all well and good, however I've still been considering a fresh start as part of my enjoyment in this game is going through each prestige level, plus I think I've gained a bit of skill to slightly raise my k/d ratio as opposed to trying to work against the 20000+ deaths I've amassed over the past few months. But now it appears I'm stuck in prestige master purgatory, and since I've selected the one and only prestige reward I'll ever get the option to do a fresh start is permanently lost on me.

Should I start just rage spamming racial slurs ad nauseum, or make an emblem of a sheep being raped? How can I reset my stats after idiotically choosing a create a class slot after achieving prestige master?

• Re: fresh start from prestige master AFTER selecting CaC slot?
    Momba1

Hmm...I use all my 10 CaC and frankly when the micro DLC for more CaC is for sale it's the first thing I'm buying so I have even more. Well I've been a MP for a long time and have my Fresh Start option (which I'll never use). IMHO KDR means zip especially if you actually play the Objectives, and as time goes by your KDR will indeed raise as an average. My generalized take on high KDR is big muscles with tiny balls playing in most cases.

So what you're saying is Fresh Start is not available to you in the Barracks?

illoominati

I will check again, but I tried immediately after I selected the CaC slot and the prestige awards was either grayed out or not visible in the menu in the barracks. I'm not at home right now but I'll post back later. I figured I might need to submit some sort of formal request to do it, or submit it as a request for an added feature to be added in a later patch, but I would have thought it should be there for you at any time after reaching master prestige...

It's not just k/d ratio... it's just that I noticed that playing seemed a bit more stale after gaining master prestige. I've since focused on  camo unlocks but I only have the HAMR left for diamond lmg's... and I've already gotten diamond shotguns, ar's, and smgs... and I don' t use sniper rifles or even pistols/launchers/specials for that matter. I hear you on k/d being prioritized above all else and I do play objectives almost exclusively, but I spent a good 3 months or so playing with vsync enabled and was wondering why my k/d just couldn't seem to break above .75... since then, while continuing to play objectives I've raised it to 1.04 (after ~10000 deaths already while being hindered by vsync) so am curious as to what my 'real' k/d might be...

anyway it would just be nice to know i have the option, should i choose to use it.

Momba1

Well to each his own but I do wish they'ed add another 5 Prestige levels i.e. (15). I know exactly what you're talking about, and I miss both the constant 'Level ___'  & CC pop-ups and the challenge of Prestiging.

However, I don't want to go through all of the CAMO unlocks all over again nor Master CC's. I got bored and just did all of the Launchers -- yeah buddy -- it does wonders (not) for your KDR.

IMO do the Primary Master CC and work on the Sniper Rifles. At heart I'm and SMG guy but after working off all of the CAMO's it give you both an appreciation and in particular insight how different players think. Also do the oddball CC's some of them are actually fun, but you'd never realize it until you try. Use different Scorestreaks. You can mix-up the game as a MP anyway you see fit.

Think long and hard before clicking that Fresh Start button...

tracy

On the console you are given 3 options which do not affect each other, should be same for PC - extra CaC slot (5 in total) , refund tokens and fresh start, check prestige mode again in barracks - it should still give you fresh start option, if not attempt to contact support for help

ExET_Molotov

Probably worth checking again as I chose the slot myself and i'm sure the option is still there

As for the future, as Momba1 says, doing the camos is a great way to get an appreciation for different playing styles but that downside is it hitting your kdr. Mine was about 0.76 when I finished prestiging and i've now got it up to .95 but it's been a hell of a pain and doing camos hasn't helped. Specials was a *****, particularly the shield where i'd end up 5 for 20 on many an occasion but, after a few of those, I decided the best way to balance it was to go out, do the challeneges, and as soon as I started getting really spanked, change back to a decent class and try and pull a little back

Momba1

ExET_Molotov wrote:

Specials was a *****, particularly the shield where i'd end up 5 for 20 on many an occasion but, after a few of those..

I feel you on the Shield. Ditto with the Launchers (0.5~0.7 KDR), sometimes the fastest way to reload is to suicide yourself even though you have Scavenger or you get picked-off looking up in the sky oblivious to some guy hard scoping you.

I NEVER judge anyone on their averaged KDR, and for the most part any really decent player doesn't either. What they'll often look at is the new last 5 games KDR chart. If I'm solely in a Kill Whore frame of mind the chart is 3-4X higher than my average KDR. In the beginning I was an Objective Whore not to mention a total noob.

illoominati

Ok so I just checked and negative, the prestige rewards option is not available in the barracks...

Do any devs check forum threads? Or is there a dev I could pm or something? I really don't think submitting a trouble ticket for support is warranted for this issue but I would like to find out if there's any way to do this...

The only thing holding me back is the weapon camos I've unlocked but I'm finding I just don't like using some of the weapons on certain maps but I end up forcing myself to use them anyway for camo unlocks... and yes I have taken a significant kdr hit with some of the 'no perks/attachments' requirements, especially for shotguns...

Maxscart

So correct me if I'm wrong, you're considering a fresh start because your K/D is low? You're gonna give up everything just for a number?

Anyways, if you already reached prestige master and chose a prestige reward, fresh start is locked. You cannot do it after reaching prestige master. It's not a bug, not a glitch, not an oversight: it's intended to be that way. Sometimes it doesn't even allow you regardless of whether you used a prestige reward or not.

illoominati

You aren't necessarily 'wrong', as it's part of the reason I wouldn't mind having the option, but it's not even that my kdr is 'low'- it's 1.04 now and slowly rising. I just feel dumb having played with vsync on for my first few months with the game, and as I'm sure most of you can attest that's a night and day difference. If you're still skeptical go ahead and switch it back on for a few matches and get back to me.

I just instantly felt like part of the reason I play this game was gone after I hit master prestige... and no I'm definitely not dead set on trying to get a reset but I thought it might be an effective way to 'freshen up' this game for me, keep me around a bit longer... but those diamond camos were a ***** to unlock...

Especially as I've noticed the player base continues to steadily decline, and the DLC was clearly a waste of money as it's difficult to finish a match at this point with hardly anyone bothering to join the boring 4-map rotation on PC...

Momba1

The only viable option that comes to mind is to contact Activision and request a RESET. See what I wrote above.

Contact - http://support.activision.com/Contact_Us

My advice is don't do it, and good luck either way!

Obmar

You can try tweeting @pcdev or @pcdev_assist but you may be out of luck.