35 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 8:44 AM by WiseguyFTL RSS

Q-scoping is OP

Ol_Duffer

This is probably a very tired subject but really, to be able to pull up a sniper rifle, aim & shoot in less time than most people can do the same with an AR or SMG, there's something wrong. 

Since sniper rifles are meant for sniping, ADS'ing should take longer than than a bare bones LMG that would put a stop to this craziness. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it. 

• Re: Q-scoping is OP
    HaitianCreation

I posted a thread like this a while ago and got hated on for it, but I agree, something needs to be done about QS'ing but nothing will be.

festusjy

I agree, however frustrated I get with them as they usually kill me several times  before i get revenge.  it is the most satisfying kill I get in the game then follow with a tea bag or two.  If they're trickshot qs snipers then I usually take their gun and qs them for a couple of backfires.  Ah the joy of it.

Im_not_BukLau

Maybe if they made maps that would actually allow sniping, QSing wouldn't be such a problem. I was playing world at war the other weekend and the maps are much bigger and there isn't the excessive clutter so I could actually snipe properly.

ghamorra

I've been messing around with it. Not alot, but enough to know that when there's no really lag issues QSing is the easiest way to kill someone. I don't even use the Balista, just the DSR and its stupid easy.

I've also been giving sniping a real chance and I have to say, once I get over not having sway to work with I've been tearing people apart. With the B23r as my back up I usually do very well. Just keep the TF douches off my ass and I'll anchor an entire half of the map by myself

Alky6

I picked up a Qscopers diamond DSR tonight and found that I could aim it pretty quick, and there was almost no sway.  Then for the next match I made a class with the DSR, the ballistic sight and found that it wasn't the same at all, I had all kinds of sway, what's up with that? There's no foregrip, stock or quickdraw  attachment for them, so I wonder why the obvious difference?

ChestSplittah

The only things I know is OP is sand and grass.

RedHarlow85

Fix the damn smg's after that we can talk about qs.

As i always say:

QS is BS with just one letter different.

BryanNnned

DSR scopes in really slow.. how is QS op? it is the user to make QS very effective. you might think it scopes in fast, but its not like mw3 where it scopes in at the same speed from the start to end. when u first pressed the trigger it takes awhile before it starts scoping in.. if you think QS is op? get double or triple nuclear with it? rushing around like smg. then i'll consider it OP.. i can get a double nuclear with SMG and AR.. i quick scope alot but i fail to even get a 20 gun streak.

TRU11

QS is:

• anoying
    • childish
    • abusing game flaws
    • not realistic
    • ignores laws of physics.

Its however not OP.
    I have yet to see a team use it and win a match that requires another objective other then just killing.

QSing is indeed annoying, not really childish, it's abusing the game flaws, not realisitc but since when has CoD MP been realistic (applies to "ignores laws of physics" as well).

Izjar11

Ol_Duffer wrote:

This is probably a very tired subject but really, to be able to pull up a sniper rifle, aim & shoot in less time than most people can do the same with an AR or SMG, there's something wrong. 

Since sniper rifles are meant for sniping, ADS'ing should take longer than than a bare bones LMG that would put a stop to this craziness. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it. 

There's something wrong when a dude can get shot a few times, run, bleed out and continue fighting. This game is OP

Thesandman

And the ability to knife someone despite being hit with bullets is the most OP'd thing in the game imo.

Izjar11

Thesandman wrote:

And the ability to knife someone despite being hit with bullets is the most OP'd thing in the game imo.

thats very OP with a slap of more OP

phxs72

My knife must be broken.  I see that all the time when someone is knifing me but I had a guy literally back up into me while I was swinging my knife and all I got out of it was a bump and him turning around and killing me.  I liked it much better when the knife worked for close combat.  I can live without the lunge but not being able to kill a guy unless he's arms length away is pretty annoying.

Erijian_Aruseus

Thesandman wrote:

Or just the simple fact that you can swing a knife in a near instant, even with something like a MK48 in BOTH of your hands. Knifing does need a nerf.

InstantOG

Q-scoping is fun

theroc23

Here's what annoys me about QSers. These guys will QS a few players while LOSING BADLY and then talk all kinds of shidt after losing. They'll get their ass spanked and still they're talking shidt like-"I was quick scoping you fools. Hehe! I was quick scoping you fools. Hehe!" Someone will point out that they just lost the game and that said QSer went negative. The QSer will almost invariably come back with something like-"Shut up, fool! I will quick scope your asss. I will quick scope your asss. I will quick scope your ass."(rap music in background)

Of course it usually just ends with the QSer getting his ass handed to him AGAIN while losing the umpteenth match. lol

Been sniping since BO1 and Im not a fan of QSers. Its a hell of a skill but it ruins reputation of the traditional snipers. Im that guy who will stay in a room and wait cross my sights; if nothing happens well then I move somewhere else. everytime I hear someone say the XPR has no sway or recoil I always wonder if me and them are using the same gun. If I try to spam the XPR you no those bullets are goona be flying in all directions. The SVU is funny because you have people like me who deal the 1-2 shot kills then you got the 5 shot spammers. back on topic though due I find QSing OP? No because you got shot by a sniper rifle, but do I think its annoying? You no damn right I do, Treyarch should have really kept the BO1 system in because QSing in that game was a rare occurance or atleast program the guns so that you cant pull the trigger untill fully ADS'ed or from the hip.

my reply  to this thread is simple.. quickscoping requires skill.. try it and u will see its not that easy to quickscope unless u train a lot.

I agree with this guy, your only crying about because you can't do it and keep getting killed by the more skilled players that can. go and try to properly quick scope (as in don't just do it for one game) then come back.

festusjy

There are many out there that do this with a modded controller, no skill.  The hit box is too large, no skill.  Point gun in general area of enemy, pull trigger, no skill.  I disagree with the guy above.

msharpblue4d

You don't help your argument when you make comments that show you don't know how to quickscope.

Modded controllers do nothing to help a player quickscope.

The hitbox is not larger for a sniper rifle. Getting your information from kill cams doesn't show what is actually taking place on the players screen that shot you.

If you could take a sniper rifle, point in the general direction of someone and get a OHK every time, no one would use any other gun ever.

lil_mOO

The hitbox being large is a bad thing, you want a small hitbox if you want to hit anything properly, large means it could go ANYWHERE in that box.

WiseguyFTL

Not in this game. I still hate it and it's annoying, but it's definitely not as OP as in the MW games. They're pretty balanced, there's only 1 consistent 1 shot kill sniper, and that one ADS's the slowest. And the fast-zooming snipers are hitmarker machines. I still dislike snipers, but they're not unbalanced in this game.