24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 2:19 PM by zingaa RSS

Omfg with this probation bs. Take it out of hardcore.

Amitywill

Had enough of probation on hardcore. Just threw 1 grenade, team mate runs in to it  and I get kicked for 5 minutes.

• Re: Omfg with this probation bs. Take it out of hardcore.
    Proclaimor

Don't like probation? Then don't preorder next time, not like you gonna miss out on any exclusives. I'm on probation myself for ejecting my disk duing the third host migration of the match that ruined the element of suprise again. Only five minutes though, in halo reach I got probation for a few days, so I never bought another halo product, not that anybody cares. What's one little insignificant customer? Nothing.

maccabi

Amitywill wrote:

Had enough of probation on hardcore. Just threw 1 grenade, team mate runs in to it  and I get kicked for 5 minutes.

it takes three tks to boot you from agame, and you dont get probration from one team kill , ive played a ton of hc, been kicked a few times and never had probation

Amitywill

Maccabi not this time. 1 team kill and I got booted.

FalconR6

Can understand your frustration with being kicked for accidents, but if you didn't have kicking and probation trolling would become worse. Note: when I started in HC I was kicked twice because a TM was trolling my Bouncing Bettie's ( and following me to next match)- I just didn't realize. Picked up on it when I paid attention to killfeed. Thanks to this forum I learnt to use claymores instead (TM trolling get suicides). Friendly advice - don't complain about it,,  ask the HC vets on here for tips 

Bielsalmighty

No, probation and kicking needs to stay. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have some idiot who doesn't watch their fire TK you *just* off your Lodestar or dogs? My first ever Lodestar was delayed because some green fool either TKd me for my tags or out of annoyance. Those idiots usually wind up getting kicked and I hope to god they got probation.

Your example isn't like that obviously, and if you were communicating and saying that you threw the grenade then that sucks. However I find it real hard to believe that you got booted and probation for one solitary TK. I'd quite like to see the game in question in all honesty.

EDIT: Ah, just saw your post below. Leaving all the time is most likely what led to this probation. Honestly, check out who you are up against pregame, if they are french, leave and try again, thats my best advice.

Amitywill

And half the time there is a split second lag where your team mate has no blue tag above their head when you meet round corners. Such bs.

I'm from England and constantly get put in French lobbies and get lag ****** and leave and more probation. I don't dashboard I just exit the game. It has nothing to do with preserving stats I just don't want to play in games where my bullets do f all.

phxs72

I recently got a 15 second in game respawn delay for killing 3 teamates.  It was my first in 3 years of playing CoD and it was completely my fault for having a bad match.  I still haven't gotten a single 5 minute probation.  I don't know what you are doing wrong but it must be something that the devs really don't like.

It's funny to me that so many people can't stand French lobbies.  I'm in the US and most of the time I do just fine in French lobbies but occasionally I do run into a laggy one.  I don't know what's wrong with the UK to France connection but you would think that it should be great considering how close they are to each other.

nicedrewishfela

You didn't get probation from getting kicked once. All HC players have been kicked at one time or another.

Its all about awareness in HC, if you have it, you won't get kicked and thus won't get probation.

Bielsalmighty

I dunno, you might get the odd kick if Maccabi, unnanounced, suddenly runs in front of you just as your throwing a semtex, gets it stuck on his back and then jumps out a window, landing next to two other teammates.

That one was just so daft all ways round the amusement overrode the irritation. Normally its me on the end of accidental tac grenade TKs...

nicedrewishfela

But that scenario you described would crack me up lol

I get the odd TK here and there, usually a result of the name not coming up as it tends to do. They can be easily avoided by aware players.

But yeah, I tend to be the guy who gets killed by a careless teammate chucking a grenade... usually right before I get my streaks.

Bielsalmighty

It was so sudden it left me kinda shellshocked. I went off to grab a drink though and thats when it sunk in what happened and it became funny.

I dont even get killed due to carelessness, I just do a good job of being in the last place you'd expect me to be. The number of times I've been killed by a friendly EMP/Flash/Stun and heard 'How the hell did I kill you?!' is quite funny. Thankfully I rarely get TK'd off high end stuff, and when I do it tends to be some *swears violently* greeny.

blarkw

I have not yet gotten probation. I have 300 hours playing HC and have not gotten probation.

I have been through host maigrations countless times, I have team killed out of anger cause teammatesa are morons sometimes. I have rage quiet about 4 times now and yet no probation.

You must really have to do a lot in order to get probation

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I got a probation warning after getting kicked out of games yesterday. I got kicked out several times for no good reason and I was playing Core TDM. My XBOX also froze a few times and I got a warning.

xmrythem

this is a perfect example of someone telling the truth. Most people who come here and cry over probation over "being kicked one time" are lying. I've been kicked plenty from HC games and I've only been put on probation once. I've quit easily 100+ games from being put into a spawn trap and I've never had probation.

I have gotten it once, from team killing out 4 or 5 times in a row (bad night). I just did something else for 5 mins.

Indie88

Probation isn't just for one set of team kills, either, never mind one team kill.

To some of the above, it isn't your team mates jobs to dodge your bullets. Our clan is basically Hardcore only and we've had plenty of times we've saved each other with an enemy in knifing range with well placed bullets. I have been kicked a few times through scorestreaks, but a lot of that has been cleared up. Now I mostly get kicked because I've shot an idiot team mate who's just killed me for being too close to their precious tags.

Indie88

Probation isn't just for one set of team kills, either, never mind one team kill.

To some of the above, it isn't your team mates jobs to dodge your bullets. Our clan is basically Hardcore only and we've had plenty of times we've saved each other with an enemy in knifing range with well placed bullets. I have been kicked a few times through scorestreaks, but a lot of that has been cleared up. Now I mostly get kicked because I've shot an idiot team mate who's just killed me for being too close to their precious tags.

nflfenatic

When you use explosives on hardcore you take that chance. After many times of teammates throwing grenades and causing me to run away from them only to get killed by enemy, I now will let that grenade kill me. Then I leave no tag for enemy and take no death.

trialstardragon

Do not like it? Then do not team kill. Play smarter and think before tossing yoru nade randomly someplace. Pay more attention to the location of teammates and where they are going before tossing a nade. Total number of times I have got probation from TK... 0... So clearly it is a problem on your end and how you play, and that you yourself need to adapt and change your tactics and playstyle instead.

I too have been getting kicked for 1 team kill

zingaa

OP needs to start telling the truth, it wasn't one kill dude.