29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 11:12 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Can we get a spawn delay 3-5 seconds in HC

BMooch

Ok the spawning sucks in this game period.. but my biggest complaint is not being able to switch out classes if someone calls an for exampe an AGR in.. instead I have to spawn... pick the next class I want and run around like an idiot to get killed so my next class will load.  With HC being run and gun now it would be nice even if you could spawn and change classes in 3 secs... any thoughts?

• Re: Can we get a spawn delay 3-5 seconds in HC
    nicedrewishfela

Couldn't agree more. The Timer is necessary in HC, was taken out because people are too ADD to know that its critical for Spawning and Strategy. They need to bring it back, I don't mind if they shorten the waves, but without it the tactics have totally changed. I have adapted, but would like to see it come back.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413976722#413976722

FalconR6

Agreed - as a recent HC convert I agree. But, having played core for most of my Cod experience let me say this : the time given to change class straight after death has shortened in BO2. It's not just affecting HC. Sometimes you just don't have the opportunity to change class prior to a death,, you then hear a stealth chopper is inbound(example), want to change to blind eye/launcher, die - you now need ninja reflexes to change class straight after death. Otherwise, you change class, respawn, and get the message "Your class will change the next time you respawn", oh shite.

Having said that - we are all playing by the same rules and what goes around comes around.

xmrythem

you have like 10+ seconds before something like an AGR comes in. Its pretty simple to hit pause, change classes, continue the game until you die

When I need to choose my AA class, I don't purposly die to change classes, I switch, and continue playing until I die.

Restore_Hardcore

Oh trust me I raised hell about this Dec 8th lol! They say they asked the community but only like 30-50 people even knew it was being asked so it was poorly implemented. I got trolled and banned over this, yes I probably could have went about it differently but as a HC tdm fan I was pissed! They added HC KC so that should have satisfied those who wanted a faster paced HC mode but no, they had to ruin HC tdm and essentially get rid of a key element of our game. A shorter respawn timer should have been implemented to compromise but the true hc tdm community never really had a say in this matter. A very poor decision that was made in haste. What a shame.

PerEverto13

This seems to be occuring more and more. the optic clan is a good example. They consider asking those guys opinions as asking the community. Not realizing they do not speak for the community and have seperate agendas for what they want VS what the bulk of the community want.

Restore_Hardcore

Very true, in core you have time to change up classes with the killcam delay but we don't have any time in HC to switch it up which is stupid. I used to use the timer delay to toggle through my teammates and get a better view of what was happening plus if you use betties and claymores like I do you almost never get afterlife kills now. I realize some like not having a timer but it did take a little something away from the hc game. It was fine the way it was and hc tdm was our bread and butter and I would like to see what the core community would do if they took away the killcam, some would love it but others would be upset.

FalconR6

RH - read my post above. Even with Killcam delay - the time to change your class has been shortened in core as well. Put it this way: you can change your class while Killcam is going on and still get the message " your class will change........

Restore_Hardcore

I hear you but those of us who have been playing HC TDM for years and enjoyed the slower strategic aspect of the game got hosed. The only thing I have to say to those who didn't like the timer is get out of HC and play core. Sorry to be blunt but this game shouldn't only be about engaging the enemy every 2 seconds and to alter the one game mode that was a bit slower paced and strategic was stupid. Not trying to offend anyone but there are PLENTY of fast paced options in CoD and HC TDM was just fine the way it was. Ok, rant over, again no offense to anyone lol!

FalconR6

You were in no way offending me  . Two separate issues - 'respawn timer' and 'change of class time'. I know Im new to the HC ranks - but would indeed prefer a respawn timer. I might be a bit odd - but I enjoy both HC and Core for all their differences. One of the reasons I enjoy HC is the maturity, in general, of players - the more strategic standpoint suits me.

PerEverto13

Yeah thats what alot of the core guys dont think about or realize. If they will remove key elements from the HC community then they no doubt will have mo.problem doing it in core. Alot of them consider us whiners because we get upset with cuanges, the thing is they are changing key points of our game.modes. If they did something like this to core, i am more thansre there would he a massive back lash just like the HC community is seemingly constantly doing in this rendition. I dont wish ill on the core guys, but i would like to see some thing similar happen to them so maybe 3arc will realize they needto actually listen to the community as a whole and the sub communities equally.

rankismet

I like having no respawn timer.

It's not hard in the slightest to deal with.

NoLifeKing29

When the game launched every HC mode had a spawn timer, I couldnt play it, I just resided in Nuketown. I wasn't ready to get into SnD yet, so there was nothing for me. When they switched out FFA for KC I was very happy, as I loathe spawn timers. HCKC plays exactly like it should and there should never be any adjustments to it. As for TDM, yeah that was an experiment, it should have ended a while ago. Of course, more HC modes should have been added a while ago too, so yeah, HC is being ignored. Restore the spawn timers to TDM, and add more modes.

trialstardragon

I prefer it without the timer it is better. I never liked having to sit and wait to respawn and not because I have ADD or anything like that. I do not need any time to switch classes. If something happens and I need a new class, I just pick my class and then suicide to change right then and there if needed. No need to be killed by the enemy and give them free points toward a streak.

Really those who want and need the timer back in is beause they do not like the constant rush that can happen, it makes it harder to defend a position with a constant flow of eneme coming at you. I actually prefer this level of chaos then the older way of where if the entire enemy team was dead you had to wait for them to respawn to kill them again, it made the game too slow im my view of it. And I am not rusher but a defensive player, sometimes reffered to as a camper. But the old respawn timer was even too slow for my tastes.