29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 5:34 PM by Arc0cobra RSS

I,m rubbish

i,m really rubbish at black ops, i get proper excited if i get a crate!!! i would love to be good and don,t tire of playing, i have health problems and am confined to the house, so black ops is my past time, but you have no idea the abuse i get from other players coz im rot, at the end of the day i payed my money for the game same as them and should get the same amount of respect as a felllow player, no need, even people wanting to report me for cheating!!!  actually was laughing out loud, i don,t even play good how could i possible be cheating, not that i would as i hate cheaters in any instance, does anyone else feel like this or am i alone!!!

• Re: I,m rubbish
    nicedrewishfela

Some will disagree, but try playing against the Bots in Custom Games. Practice with different weapons and setups and find your comfort zone.

Try different modes and see what works best for you.

Learn the Maps. You can get the drop on a "better" player by outsmarting them.

Get a group to play with. Having team support will make you a better player and is just more fun.

Good luck to you, and remember just to have fun playing, that trumps all. Those who criticize are just jerks.

Thanks i need it, i get killed before i,m even around the corner or when theres no one in sight, or i shoot straight at someone and they disappear or shoot off at speed.

I just don,t understand as when i do the practise i seem  to do okay, i,ve only had it on in the last week as ive been really ill since new year and am just able to play, maybe it,s the amount of painkillers im on thats affecting me, who am i kidding lol.

Err0r_6_Is_Back1_LOL

well .. no im a good player, but i guess ill be speaking on the side of a good player when viewing a player who isnt as good at the moment. a good player doesnt expect you to be super man, but does expect you to provide something to the team

if you cant slay, then  then you better be capping flags and  or picking up tags

if you arent doing any of that, and still playing the match, then the better player has a right to get mad at the not as great player. if  a player cannot keep up in the match and contribute to the win  not just trying to win... then it should be the lesser player to back out of the match so someone that can contribute to the team can come in his or her place

like basketball.. if a player isnt making baskets, or blocking shots, or getting rebounds.. then the coach benches him, and another player enters in his place

phxs72

You're having fun and that's all that matters.  If you want to get better, there are many sites, videos, and even forum threads that will give you pointers but the whole point of a video game is to be entertainment and it sounds like you already have that part covered.  Mute the haters and just keep having your fun.

xmrythem

just mute all. very simple to do. play however you want. There are no rules or right / wrong way to play. its a game, enjoy it however you see fit.

FalconR6

If you ever need advice this forum will provide on how to get better. Cod is fast paced and needs to be learned. Don't worry about idiots who criticize your playing. We have all been noobs at some point. Also, we all are different in skill. As Drew said above - Enjoy  .

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

If you are not good then try and do the opposite of your playstyle. If you go crazy running to your next death then try slowing things down and play defensive. I used to run full speed to my next death but then I tried slowing things down, play cautiously, and then move. Make a conscious effort to go positive on every match.

Start playing defensive and move from one place to another. You will one day get the feel and flow of the game and you will learn to rush and when not to rush in time. I was 0.94 KD in MW3 and I'm now 2.04 in BO2. I learned using the method above I can now run and gun and plow through enemy lines.

LouieDogDNA

If they bad mouth you, inform them that you have slept with their mother then mute them.

lol i,m a girl/woman but what the hey i could still use it ha ha, i,l keep that in mind thanks.

LouieDogDNA

I've got my wife into the game recently, she is very new and is lucky to go even.  Her average KD is around a .5, but she still has a lot of fun.  She was also getting so angry at the people yelling or talking bad to her, so I told her to do the same thing.  She laughs every time she does it, I walked in on her getting very angry at one person, then next thing I hear is well yea you must be adopted you little ****.  Now she just says random comments laughs then mutes them if they are rude to her and she gets a lot less stressed because of it.

starbuckfrack

I had a storke a month ago and the game "turns wrong" when I play so playing online really killed my KD ratio.

So I am glad the game has hardcore mode.

As for the Grammar Nazis, you have no ide of what input device he is using or what kind of trouble he might be going thru to get that , symbol in there. For the first week I couldnt use both hands to type with so are you going to complain that I didnt have caps in my words ?

It,s hardcore i play more, i,m on alot of meds including morphine so maybe my head isn,t so good, but i still enjoy the game,

Im glad you can still play after that, just some people are so ignorant towards others, they don,t know what goes on behind the player on the screeen.

FalconR6

I've been called " a little Fn ****" by a 16 - 18 yr old - I'm 32. Too old to get offended, I just laugh. Ignorant people have no idea to the breadth of the community who play cod/games. Ruby, you have the right attitude to start with. My tip - don't worry about your stats, enjoy the process of learning and getting better at this 'game'. Also, I don't know where your from, but finding a friend to play with online will help - many gamers on this forum would be more than willing to join you in game.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Dude, I hope you're doing alright and I hope it will never happen again.

monty71

Just have fun and play also alot of nice folks have given you some good advice on how to imporve. But do not take to heart the rude folks at the end of the day it is just a game.

thanks to everyone for there comments, i feel alot better now.

i,l prob retaliate too much and end up banned lol.

Albertababe

Hey Girl!  I rot too, but I have FUN playing this game I paid for!  That's the most important thing here.....having FUN!!  The "mute" button is wonderful thing....LOL

Hope you are on the mend....things will get better!

narcotic.jamie

The main thing to do is practice, learn the maps / chokepoints, if you find yourself getting stressed with online, try playing zombies or bots for a bit.

If you can try and get a team together, and then you can figure who does what etc.

Not everyone is a slayer, i started with MW2 and was garbage, slowly improved with BO1 and MW3, im a pretty average player now, but i find if im struggling to kill people, i'll make sure i cap flags etc. Its not all about the slaying. They can help the team, but at the end of the day its the people who play the objective who win the game for the team!

Just learn routes, try different gametypes, change up guns / perks if you use the same ones all the time, and see what happens, just need to find your sweet spot! Just ignore the jerks and carry on having fun!

CurliestRogue0

You've been playing for only a week AND you're on morphine?  Dude it's no wonder you're struggling -- don't be so hard on yourself.  Just a couple of beers can make all the difference in my level of play, nevermind something as strong as morphine.

BLOPS2 is my first COD as well, so I struggled like you for the first xxx hours.  It takes a LONG while to get used the style of play and the flow of each map.  Also you need to find the game mode that best suits you.  For me, it was HCTDM and Core FFA.  I can't quite figure it out, since those modes seem quite opposite to me, but that's where I feel the most at home.  So in addition to the tactics others have mentioned, try out other modes.  Frankly I was shocked by how much success I had immediately in FFA.  When I tried that mode in Halo4 I got murderized.

Proclaimor

I went to settings and turned voice volume to zero so I don't have to listen (and won't feed into) all the garbage that gets said in CoD lobbies. I just hope that the voice recognition software in the kinect sensor will be utilized to censor swearing on the xbox 720 so families can use mics again.

playerone2

Just be polite, and when you come across like mided induviduals spark up a conversation and send a freind request. (if your a woman im sure you get a thousand requests anyways). gamers are a lonely people.

everybody else, just mute them.

This game is much more enjoyable(only enjoyable) with some good teamates. plus you can adapt to their play style and probably do much better.

dont pay attention to your k/d. i find i have much more fun just trying to win overall(if i have a team).

and if im solo dolo i go for score per minute. because on a team of randoms. you have a slim chance.

And if you getting shot before you see people. that doesnt make you rubbish. thats not supposed to happen.

xHoneycombx

Don't worry about everyone else.  I'm also a woman, and I remember when I first started playing.  Oh my god I was AWFUL.  But it takes time.  Run low score streaks.  UAV, counter UAV, hunter killer drone.  Or UAV, hunter killer drone and care package.  Try out different class settings to find one that works better for you.  Pick a gun that has low kick on it or a three round burst, so you are more likely to hit what you are aiming at the first couple of times.  Play with different attachments that will help you manage better in game.  Like quickdraw, stock or grip.  Try to stay away from the more advanced scopes.  I find they tend to be a hindrence if I'm still learning the gun.  They screw with your peripheral vision on the screen.  Use engineer as one of your perks so you won't be surprised by claymores, shock sticks or bouncing betty's.  There are ENDLESS class settings that you can choose to improve your play style.  And practice...practice practice practice.  

Funny story though...when I first started playing it was on MW2 and the guys I ran with loved playing HC mosh pit.  Their favorite game mode was Search and Destroy.  I remember playing with them, and the enemy had planted the bomb.  I was the last person standing on our team, and there were two left on the enemy team.  I killed them both, and it was time to defuse the bomb.  Only problem was, no one had told me HOW to defuse the bomb.  There I am, standing beside the bomb with NO clue how to defuse it.  I'm hitting every button on my controller, jumping up and down, laying on the ground, standing up, running around the bomb site, FRANTICALLY yelling at the TV "how in the hell do you defuse the bomb???"  The timer is ticking down and I'm starting to panic.  The bomb explodes, killing me, and the sound cuts back into the lobby with everyone (on my team and their team) laughing hysterically because no one told me the basics of the game mode.  ALL of them were watching me look like a complete idiot dancing around the bomb site. The guys STILL give me a hard time about that.  But it was all in good fun...and I got props from both sides for being the last 'man' standing...

Remember...it's all about having fun.  That's the point. 

Thanks, i was getting more worried to about people saying they were reporting me, that i shouldn,t be playing, and they wil get me banned a bit harsh i though considering i had equal kills to deaths, can they get me banned if i,m rubbish?, i know i sound niave but i don,t know much about the banning,

I have black ops but when i got it there wasn,t many people playing online and then i had mw3 but my wee girl knocked my x box over and it scratched a ring on the disc so that was the end of that!!

i got black ops in dec but only played it twice before i took ill so having to play catch up, learning the maps is half the battle but i just seem to die die die!!!!  lol i feel like the guy off the u tube black ops song. 

xHoneycombx

Yeah, don't worry about them reporting you.  I mean...what are they going to report you for?  Not going positive?  LOL  The powers to be are pretty good about weeding out the idiot reports from the legimate ones.  I image I've had quite a few reports turned in on me.  I've never had a single problem.  So don't worry about that. 

Learning the flow of the maps is probably the most important thing to learn when you play.  If you learn where people tend to spend the most time, you can try to avoid getting shot from there by sticking to cover, slowing down or moving in behind them.  Most people who post up are going to throw a claymore down or a trophy system out to protect them from getting shot from behind or have a grenade tossed at them.  Running engineer will help you because you'll know the general area where they are located.  I wouldn't worry about running something like dead silence because hearing the sound of footsteps from an enemy has never quite been right on BO2 anyway.  Not like it used to be.  BUT, if you have a good headset, you can still hear other things.  For instance, on drone, if you are in the AGR assembly room on the one side of the map, you can hear them coming through the sliding doors.  So you know someone is moving around the building or on Yemen, you can hear someone coming across the metal catwalk on the monument side of the map.  In my experiance, COD players are creatures of habits.  You know there will be snipers on any of the maps that have long lines of sight.  So maps like Carrier and Drone just stay out of the middle. If I go negative, or do badly, it's always from someone who can pull up faster then me (they are likely using a small machine gun) or are using quickdraw.  But a lot of it is reflexes.  I'm a lot faster then I used to be, but it's come with lots of playing.  Also, play with your sensitivity.  If you are doing badly...is your sensitivity set to high or too low?  That can also hurt you more then help if you aren't playing fast enough or slow enough. 

I've been playing regularly since the end of MW2.  I played Black Ops...did awful.  Played MW3 and did slightly better then average, but am doing much much better on BO2.  So I'm improving, but it's been slow.  The guys I play with are really good players, and sometimes I wondered if I was improving at ALL because I would never do better then they did.  Now I'm holding my own, but wow has it taken a while.  LOL  At the end of the day, there will ALWAYS be someone who is trash talking.  Let them talk.  Either you are doing something right to piss them off, or you are doing so badly that you just have to laught it off.  NO one starts off playing these games playing like a pro.  Just enjoy yourself.  I'm assuming you're not in the US, but shoot me a friend invite and maybe if we're ever on at the same time we can party up and play some HC TeamD or KC.

jonjonjonjonjon

that's weird i don't even use a mic anymore because no one ever talks. everyone is either in a party or doesn't have a mic. i'm not sure why anyone would complain about you being bad in a game where you had a 1 K/D. if your K/D is bad play an objective game mode where going 3-20 doesn't mean an automatic loss for your team. defend or try to do the objective in an objective game mode. it's a lot easier to get kills while defending an objective. don't keep running to the same spot and dying over and over and let the other team get easy big kill streaks. use hardline, RC-XD, UAV and care package. if you get a UAV you will usually get enough points from the UAV to get the care package. help your team out by using the FHJ-18 or black hats to shoot down UAV's. use black hats or EMP grenades with engineer to take out enemy equipment. you also get points for destroying UAV's and equipment so it will help towards kill streaks. i'm always amazed that i'm the only person on my team that ever shoots down UAV's and seeks out tac inserts. flak jacket is another great perk as you don't have to worry about explosives especially in objective modes where people grenade spam the objectives. if you are playing core try using a silencer. if you don't have a silencer as soon as you shoot every enemy remotely close to you will be coming directly for you. watch the mini map. its your best friend. if you see a big skull pop up a teammate just died and you know an enemy is probably close. if the other team has a UAV you need to remember that while its up they know where you are. if the other team gets a big kill streak switch to a class with Blind Eye and Cold Blooded so you don't keep dying and take it out. you don't have to strictly go for kills to be helpful.

Arc0cobra

Playing with others can also help alot, having people you can communicate with and have fun with helps. Im looking for teammates to play with and looking to make new friends since nobody i know plays this game if you like you can add me im pretty decent and we could work on what setups work for you 

If you want my GT is Arc Centurion

KoRny1

You might not actually suck, it could be problems with the game.

If you want to get a good kill death ratio I suggest camping, but even that is hard when other players have an advantage on you.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything that can be done about it. It seems like this game just picks and chooses who it wants to work for.

riksterinto

I'm a COD noob who's slowly getting better and I found what really helped me was watching the killcams to see where i went wrong.  it's easy to get into the habbit of skipping them but you can learn from them and you also get to see how the people that beat you are playing the game.

There are a few girl players in my clan and they are beasts at the game!