31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 7:24 AM by TRU11 RSS

Why not to use the Targer Finder?

Miles_Teg

I read a lot of rage post about the TF. Also if you do the final kill with it, you are exposed to all kind of insults in the post lobby.

Anyway I am not big fan of TF. Never use much, I am a RD guy mostly.

But I am starting to use in the LMGs because a lot of people are using it, and I find it useful in some situations.

Anyway, why not use it? It has a better zoom that RD, doesn't add recoil, the sight is ok, and It give you a big clear sight, better than ACOG. It block a little your peripherical vision, but no much. Considering the odds, TF is better that the other optics.

I cannot stand the lag and the respawn, but all the other things in the game I don't have any mayor issue besides that.

People just complain all the time how other people play and what weapons they use. But the challenges of the game are only a personal decision. A weapon could be cheap for you, but the game is not going to give you more points for using more difficult guns.

Let people just play the way they want, and don't complain about it. Complain about the lag and the spawns, that are really the issues with this game.

• Re: Why not to use the Targer Finder?
    ChestSplittah

Because I have integrity. . Even in gaming.

Izjar11

ChestSplittah wrote:

Because I have integrity. . Even in gaming.

You use the word integrity as I use the word Evil - ZoMBie with Kittehs, loosley.

pkkveel

how many smg kills do you have?

Not trying to stir the pot just wondering how far that "integrity" goes

SMG's  KSG12, C4, EMP grenade, target finder etc etc etc (insert OP topic du'jour here)

just because you don't agree with it does not make your play style better/worse than anyone else

Oh and I have 6 SMG kills from picked up weapons

and maybe 20 with targetfinder. I found the red bouncing site too distracting and didn't like the narrow field of view either so decided not to use it.

In regards to SMG's I am trying to gold the peacekeeper but it doesn't count towards the SMG kills player card so I can maintain my "integrity"

only reason I am even using peacekeeper is I set a personal challenge to gold at least one weapon from each class in this game otherwise I would be working scar right now

ChestSplittah

I have no clue really,  and I barely play the game. Also, I prefer ARs, but im not going to use a TF just because I do. There is no comparison with the other equipment you mentioned.  TF is basically a aimbot. I can aim, don't need anything locking onto someone to get me a kill. All things basically target your ping in game,  but the target finder is a bit too much.

cranium2001

Use whatever you want. I don't let the current hate or trends decide for me. I love the pdw and I don't care who has a problem with it. I also love the chicom and the m8a1. I really hope others hate it when I use it because that must mean I'm doing something right.

I don't use the tf, it's like a giant TV screen to me. I don't hate on people that use it though.

amathyx

some people don't want the game to become even more mindless than it already is

and 'stop complaining' threads are even more annoying than the threads that are actually complaining about something

lil_mOO

If it didn't put a diamond around the smallest thing it can see, it wouldn't be so bad. But in this game it is TERRIBLE for that, if you can't see someone you do not deserve to be able to shoot the crap out of them with your LMG while you are camping like a little bish!

Im_A_Drag85

even if it's small, would you argue that it's still a target?

lil_mOO

I have been seen on the target finder when not at all visible so no, I should not be a target when they cannot see any part of me (funny thing is I wasn't even camping;I like to snipe, which needs a bit of camping here and there, especially now to get gold for my XPR, but THEY were with their TF/LMG and they could NOT see not one tiny toe or anything. Its an easy aim for most noobs, I mean sure good players use it too but it is a terrible addition to CoD.

BLK_OPS_KING

i use target finder 90% of the times. not because i am a noob. but its hard to see enemies hiding in corners or camping in safehouse. but target finder wastes a lotta bullets because its not that accurate.

lil_mOO

Its only not accurate if you can't aim with it, its very easy to aim with it, line it up with the middle and PEW PEW PEW!

I had a game with someone on Yemen today and all they did was camp in a spot with their target finding LMG with cold blooded and other things so they can hide in a dark corner of a room and be a little bish, even throwing grenades and crap into the room didn't kill him, I got a little annoyed at that little turd and switched guns.

(I don't like switching guns, I am going for camos lol).

azn_chic

I'v tried using the TF, but it's just not my cup of tea. I would use the EoTech or RDS (if the irons are not great). I've seen people use them, more power to them. I don't have the patience to "learn" to, or get used to, using that piece of crap

pxf0rd131

i use the target finder for scanning for people in dark areas and long shots. i like eotech and hybrid best though.

r8edtripx

Miles_Teg wrote:

I read a lot of rage post about the TF. Also if you do the final kill with it, you are exposed to all kind of insults in the post lobby.

Anyway I am not big fan of TF. Never use much, I am a RD guy mostly.

But I am starting to use in the LMGs because a lot of people are using it, and I find it useful in some situations.

Anyway, why not use it? It has a better zoom that RD, doesn't add recoil, the sight is ok, and It give you a big clear sight, better than ACOG. It block a little your peripherical vision, but no much. Considering the odds, TF is better that the other optics.

I cannot stand the lag and the respawn, but all the other things in the game I don't have any mayor issue besides that.

People just complain all the time how other people play and what weapons they use. But the challenges of the game are only a personal decision. A weapon could be cheap for you, but the game is not going to give you more points for using more difficult guns.

Let people just play the way they want, and don't complain about it. Complain about the lag and the spawns, that are really the issues with this game.

It's in the game, eff it, use it if you want. ...but it is most DEFINITELY nooby. I'm not a noob, but If the enemy team is using the TF, then I have a TF class ready to fight fire with fire. If they run Cold Blooded to counter, then at least I made them give up a perk for it like they made me give up Toughness for it. (I don't run Perk 2 wildcard to have both because I prefer other perks in different slots)

If I get the last kill and I'm in the final kill cam, I cringe if I'm using the TF. I yell out loud at home. "NOOB!!!" ragging on myself. Lol!

Players with TF final kill cams shouldn't complain when they're insulted.

Harv72

I don't use it because I don't like it.  It blocks my peripheral vision far too much, and the added zoom makes it extremely difficult to track targets which are sprinting across my field of view.  I know a lot of people think it's "nooby" because it's overpowered or too easy to use, but in my experience the opposite is true: I do much better using other optics, or a suppressor, or nothing at all, than I ever did using the TF...and I was using the TF before they patched it so it didn't give the targetting beep for players using Cold Blooded.

As far as opponents using it, it doesn't phase me at all.  Like I said, I think it's a poor optical choice which hurts their overall gameplay, and it doesn't seem like I get killed disproportionately by people using target finders (if anything, I get killed by suppressed SMGs most often, followed by combat knives wielded by people using the Cloak of Invincibility perk (Lightweight)).  I think most all of the complaining about the attachment comes from people who have either never actually used it, or who have never tried other setups instead of it.  What makes it even more perplexing to me is that there are so many effective ways to counter it.

740UKills

It's a game. Period. People are going crazy over a bunch of blue and red pixels. If someone uses the target finder, fine. There are counters:

1. Cold-blooded, which received a buff (aka target-finder nerf).

2. Ugh. That damn EMP grenade. Mind you, almost no one uses hardwire, so an EMP grenade will surely be a great advantage over TF users.

3. Smoke. Not only can you not diamond your target, but aim assist is disabled when looking through smoke.

4. Stun grenade / flash bang. Stun your enemy (assuming he or she was not already prepared).

5. Don't be stupid. If you know someone is using the target finder, don't be stupid and attack them from upfront, especially if you intend on being stationary, such as hiding behind a car or garbage can. Moreover, if you die by someone camping with the TF, don't go back and expect revenge. Find another way of getting to your enemy, instead of racking up deaths.

ghamorra

Yemen is a TF haven. I hate that map for DOM

I don't have as big an issue with target finders as some other things but it does make things a little too easy. TF should be for noobs or people with bad aim.  I have, however, experienced times where on the kill cam I am not visible on screen but there is still a target on me. Like Ill be behind a wall and it still targets me. Now that I have a big problem with.

It sounds like you don't need the TF. So don't use it.

GolfHacker27

I only find the TF to be of advantage in a few situations. E.g. set up at distance with an LMG and mow people rushing an objective.

In other situations, it slows you down and you lose focus on what your target is doing. So if a target is running, I want to see whhere and aim to predict their movement. Whereas TF just becomes following the little red box. I.e. you are reacting, not anticipating. In HC in particular, the TF is a hindrance. It is better in Core modes where hosing as many rounds as possible on target is the objective.

Target finders are already here.  They are just working on perfecting them and making them portable.  I read where they where using the human subconscious, which is good about seeing discrepancies, to reduce false targets.+\||I also love where people moan about the target finder, when it is obvious that the person didn't need the target finder to see them.

1)It is a noob camping tool.

3)You can always guarantee on Drone theirs at least three campers using it in one of them rooms by the machines.

Express too many use it in the tunnels etc.

Plaza too many use it on top of them buildings while another two defend eace entrance.

Raid do not get me started.

Slums another camp fested target finder map.

4)The target finder is the second worst addition to this franchise after the lag we all seem to love paying £50 for every year.

TRU11

i whip it out on carrier.

all the snipers and head gltichers piss me off.

i prefer dual band more though and when im done maxing out my weapons i will trade the TF in.