45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 9:00 AM by ehess001 RSS

Probation

I only play hardcore and in the past couple weeks if i get diconnected kicked or just quit i get put on probation i dont think that if i quit one game i should get punished any ideas to fix this

• Re: Probation
    TheBeastlyDude

Don't quit one game.

DuskShotzz

I was trying to get the S12 gold with the OHK stuff... Didn't work out i got kicked for team killing ALOT.

Ain't my fault if i shoot once and they Dolphin dive into it :/

TheBeastlyDude

Core tactics with shotguns don't translate well to hardcore. With a shotgun, you have to play smarter on hardcore and not automatically expect to be on top of the board with it like core. You also have to assume you have stupid teammates and you need to take that into account. If you are unable to handle all that, go back to core or continue to play HC and accept that you will teamkill, get kicked and possibly put on probation.

I was cooking a frag right after I respawned and an enemy killed me (damn spawn system sucks in this game). So of course I dropped the grenade and it killed a teammate. That is how I was suspended.

Yesterday i was put on probation 4 times after every time i left a game this was between 2pm and 11pm shouldnt it be if you leave 3 games in an hour you get probation

TheBeastlyDude

If you are a repeat offender, it might lower the threshold.

They do lower the threshold on it alright, in my experience, if you don't keep a clean sheet for a couple of games after a probation, then depending on time, games and some couple of random factors you could be reset to three strikes, two strikes or as happened to the OP, quit too quick after a probation, so straight back on probation you go.

There do seem to be random factors as I said, for instance if there is a game update, or a new message of the day comes up when you re start, these seem to reset the probation counter. Also, most annoyingly, if you just come off a probation, turn off your machine(without playing another game), come back to it in 24 hours and hey presto you could be put straight back on probation.

Probation is my release at the moment, got faster Internet and everything has gone to pot since, I'd prefer 5 minutes smoking than 5 minutes raging.

Ol_Duffer

If you use the "leave game" option in the menu, you won't get probation but it will score as a loss on your W/L stat. If that matters to you then I feel sorry for you. I've quit up to 10 times or more in an hour, sometimes 4 or 5 in a row... no probation.  It's how you quit that matters!

Izjar11

MeltYourFace wrote:

I only play hardcore and in the past couple weeks if i get diconnected kicked or just quit i get put on probation i dont think that if i quit one game i should get punished any ideas to fix this

A solution:

Stop quitting.

VLN

Stop being a Habitual quitter .

Team killing and getting kicked will put you an probation after cthe 2nd time.

Quiting the game will put you on probation after 3 times. a combo of both will put you on probatio faster!

There after you'll be put on probation almost instatly for either reasons! Go back to playing Core.

Probation resets after having a few a few games with out messing up.

Ol_Duffer

VLN wrote:

Quiting the game will put you on probation after 3 times.

Quitting from the "Menu" doesn't give you probation, I have lots of experience in quitting and no probation. 

TheBeastlyDude

Obviously, you don't do it as often as you think. Probation isn't suppose to punish the average player who quits once in a while cuz of junk and what not but those who bounce game to game trolling, teamkilling and what not.

Ol_Duffer

I'm telling you, I've quit from the in-game menu sometimes 4 or 5 in a row because I get thrown into a map that I hate. During the same session, in addition to the above I have rage quit for personal reasons an additional 5 or 6 times. So we're looking at at least a dozen in match quits in an evening... no probation.

akilleez86

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i57/2/1/26/frabz-stop-breaking-the-law-asshole-70db71.jpg

I just Think its B.S.  am put on probation on a game ive payed how much to play!!!!!!!! i could see loseing achievements and xp in that game but to sit for five min.  . . . . lame....

I just Think its B.S.  am put on probation on a game ive payed how much to play!!!!!!!! i could see loseing achievements and xp in that game but to sit for five min.  . . . . lame....

WhiteMagic18J

Just saying I've been playing Black ops 2 since it first came out. Never heard of probation period or anything until today. I haven't played black ops 2 in about 3 days now. All of the sudden my power goes out so I get back on and am presented with a probation warning. Next thing I know I wait for the 5 min. because of being booted from a lobby, then after those 5 min. the damn things resets and puts me on another 5 min probation. I'm not very happy. **** you Treyarch and Black Ops 2. This is seriously BS. I paid to play your precious stupid game so let me f****** play it. I'll never buy another Black Ops game or another Treyarch created game if this crap doesn't stop. First I don't play for 3 days, then forced to sit through 2 probation periods because of the GAMES fault? I don't think so. FIX IT

WhiteMagic18J

Just saying I've been playing Black ops 2 since it first came out. Never heard of probation period or anything until today. I haven't played black ops 2 in about 3 days now. All of the sudden my power goes out so I get back on and am presented with a probation warning. Next thing I know I wait for the 5 min. because of being booted from a lobby, then after those 5 min. the damn things resets and puts me on another 5 min probation. I'm not very happy. **** you Treyarch and Black Ops 2. This is seriously BS. I paid to play your precious stupid game so let me f****** play it. I'll never buy another Black Ops game or another Treyarch created game if this crap doesn't stop. First I don't play for 3 days, then forced to sit through 2 probation periods because of the GAMES fault? I don't think so. FIX IT

WhiteMagic18J

WhiteMagic18J

Probation is stupid anyway, you pay $60+ for this game, you should be able to play however the hell you want.

The lag, hit detection and all the other BS don't make it any easier, sometimes the best thing to do is quit.

They don't care KINDA SIMPLE . You already paided 60 dollars and the season pass . I have been having the same problem . If you get Disconnected at any time during the match . That counts as a QUIT. There IT guys have degrees at surfboarding or ping pong . They set it up that way . To quit you have to go threw the menu , disconnect is simple you got disconnected . There are alot of hackers on the new maps so if your getting your butt kicked totally thats way . ..

bombardierbob

Know the feeling got it cause the game froze up and had ro do a reboot and got Probation. Think if Ghosts is this poorly made I will find other games to play...

Out

Probation is just another reason I put BO2 back on the shelf........I have no clue how they determine when probation is to be handed down to someone.....when they first started it, it was not much of of problem unless diconnects were being a big problem......maybe one probation in a 3 hr time period........but then it got worse to the point where i was getting probations after FINISHING a game and either myself or the the Party leader backing us out of a lobby .......boom i was on probation .......after 3 months of absence i plugged the damn game in  tried to join a lobby .........i was on probation, i guess it was still in the que after 3 months.......

I for one will not be buying GHOST ...the COD titles since MW2 have went to hell ........i may try it once again once the PS4 hits the shelves but maybe not LOL

parrotheads

activision should all cut their ******* balls off for acting like a bunch of vaginas.  probation is ******* stupid.  stupid ******* idiots.

mark_666_

I think the probation period was introduced to deter 'dashboarding'

parrotheads

i just got 5 probations in a row.  Now I am on superprobation, so I am going to go supernubetube my teammate in the back of his head when he's not looking!

parrotheads

by the way, ghosts sucks. Don't buy it.

ehess001

Ghosts does suck. I wish i hadn't bought it. Graphics suck, lag for me is terrible. Instadeath before the other guy is on my screen. Kill cam shows different than in game scenario. But this probation thing. I have never been put on probation, I quit if I start out bad or get put into a lopsided game. I've never been put on probation... I have no idea how they determine that.