1 2 3 Previous Next 140 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2014 9:16 PM by Hawkeye RSS

The Avengers: Age of Ultron movie!

Hawkeye

We're still a few years away from Avengers 2, but that's not stopping rumors popping up all over the place.  So, here's a thread for us to chat about it!

• 1. Re: The Avengers 2
    Rogue_Shadow

Like the idea that Scarlet Wtich and Quicksilver are in the current draft of the script, apparently?  I couldn't believe that when I read it.  I kinda hope they get taken out of it right now, honestly.  It just seems like it's tough to do them justice without their mutant roots, and there's so many iconic Avengers they haven't used yet anyway.  Hank and Jan, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel, just to name a few. 

Also, I wish sites would stop using that creepy picture of the Ultimate version of them for their stories to announce the news. 

• 2. Re: The Avengers 2
    Hawkeye

On the one hand, Wanda and Pietro are awesome, but on the other hand, I'm also a big unsure of how we'll see them fit into the movie.  Obviously, they can't mention Magneto, though that isn't a big deal to me since initially they didn't know they were related to Magneto and were raised by Django and Marya Maximoff.  They could easily just chop out the bit about Mags and keep it as orphans adopted by a Romani couple, though they might even get that in depth of their backstory since they didn't say a whole lot about Clint outside his connection to Natasha.

The bigger thing for me is that I heard they can't use the term mutant, so how will their powers be explained?  I guess Wanda can be boiled down to magic pretty easily since we already have Thor, but what about Pietro?  Super speed isn't usually considered magic, though maybe they'll call it that anyway with the M word being unuseable.

• 3. Re: The Avengers 2
    Rogue_Shadow

Yeah, it's not like we necessarily need the Magneto or mutant references.  They can technically work in the movie without it, and they are really cool characters.  But, so is Black Panther, for example, and they don't have to dance around specific words and parts of his backstory.  They have free reign to do whatever they want with the character, and he's a pretty classic Avenger himself.  And it'd be easier to just give him his own solo movie to introduce him to the universe, too. 

• 4. Re: The Avengers 2
    Hawkeye

Or Mockingbird, cough cough, haha.

Black Panther would be a cool choice and he'd be pretty easy to work in.  Maybe they added Wanda and Pietro because their powersets are so different than the other Avengers?  Panther is pretty much a hand-to-hand guy and so is Black Widow.  She uses guys and her gauntlets and he has daggers and claws, but maybe they don't think he's different enough to put into the movie right now?  Jan and Hank would have more diverse power sets than the Avengers we have, but they're likely locked into Ant-Man so we won't see them till that comes out and establishes their backstory.

• 5. Re: The Avengers 2
    Rogue_Shadow

Haha, I think we're gonna have to wait until Avengers 9.74 for her! 

How about Ms. Marvel, then?  She's got energy blasts, flight, strength, all kinds of stuff.  And they're already going in a more cosmic direction now, anyway. To be fair, Wanda and Pietro are pretty different, with Wanda's hexes and magic-like powers, and Pietro's speed.  And they'd both be really cool characters (Ultimate versions aside, of course...) who I'd never really imagine making it into Avengers 2.  Hopefully, including new characters doesn't stop Clint from getting any screentime to get his issues fixed somehow, though.

• 6. Re: The Avengers 2
    Hawkeye

No way!  I'd get impatient by the second Avengers and go force Whedon to put her into his script right before the nice men in white coats take me for "a drive".

Ms Marvel would work really well, though you have to have her get her powers mid-movie since she got them from the Kree and ya can't really handwave that.  She would be a perfect addition  for a Kree-Skrull War movie though!  Yeah, they both have personalities pretty different from th eother charaters too.  Wanda is pretty empathetic and nice and Pietro is a bit haughty and protective of his sister.  It would be fun to see em interact with the other cast and there's also the possibility they spend part of the movie as bad guys.  Yeah, they better give Clint plenty of love and make him act like his 616 self after getting hosed in Avengers and being left out of the solo movies.

• 7. Re: The Avengers 2
    Jadryx

A few comments on The Avengers sequel from Kevin Feige.

I like this one -

“We’ve been consistent in talking about this leading up to The Avengers: what is most interesting to us and why we hired Joss Whedon in the first place is the interaction between the characters.  That’s more fun to us than the massive action scenes that are gonna have to come with it that we’re gonna have to figure out, and we’re gonna have to be clever and raise the bar, but already the scenes that Joss has of just the characters sitting around and interacting are hilarious and are awesome and are moving and a notch or two above the first movie, and to me that’s where you wanna top yourself.”

Action and explosions are great and all, but when you have good character interactions then that just makes the movie so much better!

• 8. Re: The Avengers 2
    Hawkeye

I was actually pretty impressed with the action and explosions in the first Avengers, haha.  The Helicarrier action and the battle for New York were awesome!  Of course the character interactions were great too and it's gonna be fun to see where they go in the next movie.  I don't see there being as many arguments since they would have a bit more respect for each other, but I don't think Tony and Cap will be best buddies just yet.

• 9. Re: The Avengers 2
    Rogue_Shadow

The whole movie was awesome!  I'm actually planning on watching it yet again this weekend, I think.  I know, I watch it way too often.  But I think it'd be cool to see some of Tony and Cap kinda fighting for leadership of the team, since there's not really a clearly defined leader yet.  They're clearly both key members of the team, but neither one was obviously in charge in Avengers. 

1 2 3 Previous Next