21 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2013 3:35 AM by ge0rdiemark RSS

Target Finders

cptnkrk69

Why does it seem that everyone is using target finders.  I usesd it when I first started playing the game, that and the bouncing betties. Ingenious.  Wow was I good. Then I read where it said it was for noobies and players with bad aim and who are not that good, I then stopped using it and started using other guns and other play styles which made it much more challenging.  Throwing grenades and rushing instead of just waitng for that sucker to pass in front of me, how lame.  Now it seems that every match I play in, mostly eveyone has a target finder.  I run cold booded but they still get the highest amount of kills and  get those high score streaks and nail me every time..  I even took the target assist off at the one point in the game just to see how good I could be.  This game is like made for kids and it seems like it takes not much skill to get your k/d and scores per minute up  I mean who made this game "Parker Brothers"

Or It reminds me of going to the eye doctor 'cause all I see when I watch those films is a cross hair and a pink diamon.

I don't know, I'm still new to the whole "Call of Duty" game so maybe I should just try harder and maybe I'll get better or maybe I'm right and should and put a target finder on all my guns. No, I think I'll stick wth the scorpion /long barrel.,  your thoughts  Peace out

When I say I run cold blooded but they get the highest amount of kills, I should have said they acheive their score streaks much quicker,ie Lightning Strikes, Hell Storm Missiles, Stealth Chopper etc.., and nail me every time. 

I mean, I'm looking for people and can't seem to find them 'cause their either on rooftops or in a pone position behind a wall or building.

I thought I'd try to clear the roof tops and try this tactic only to find that not one player but two or three are their waiting for you with claymores and bouncing betties just in case The TF's or their team mates fail.

I watch my films and count at least 4 or 5 targe tfinders if not more on both teams, and sometimes the player who is doing badly will switch to one.

I mean Lmg's with TF's, Scorpions with TF's,I saw a guy with an Lmg with a TF stay in one place the entire game and do well. These people always lead their team with the highest amount of kills and usually have high scores per minute, IMO

I just get pissed that I don't use and don't want to use the TF, but am left with a low k/d looked at as a average or below average player in reality I'm not that bad.

Post.Sript

I seem to get shot in the back alot, as soon as I spawn, and at other times, I try to keep and I on the map, but I still get killed.

Once I get killed the enemy is relentless and locks dowm on your spawning points and just pins you down, nowhere to go, am I right, it sure seems that way

I'm trying to like this game,still new to "Call of Duty"  only played 200 games, never played any other "Call of Duty" games in the past so I could use some or alot of advice before I shelf this monster.

Also, I only play team death match,not familiar with other games, maybe thats my problem.

cptnkrk69 out    Peace my Brothers

Message was edited by: cptnkrk69

• Re: Target Finders
    IndyOldGuy

couldnt agree more, I see tons of target finders now a days, IMHO it was a good idea gone wrong....

SitRepPro

You're butthurt?

dtuchpunk

I almost never see TF's. When I see them it's my own

phxs72

Ok I'm going to try and be nice here since we all have had moments where we didn't write something with as well thought out logic as we had thought.  Let take a moment here and look at what you've written:

cptnkrk69 wrote:

Why does it seem that everyone is using target finders.  I usesd it when I first started playing the game, that and the bouncing betties. Ingenious.  Wow was I good. Then I read where it said it was for noobies and players with bad aim and who are not that good, I then stopped using it and started using other guns and other play styles which made it much more challenging.

Nothing wrong with wanting to challenge yourself even though I have to wonder why you put so much weight into what others thought was noob.  Generally, it's best that you make your own decisions on such things because sometimes others just tell you what they want you to believe and have there own motivations for doing so.  Just consider how many Youtubers called Assasin noob last year but this year they all use Ghost and haven't said a word about it being noob because they can't hide the fact that they are using it.

Now it seems that every match I play in, mostly eveyone has a target finder.  I run cold booded but they still get the highest amount of kills and  get those high score streaks and nail me every time.

Your first sentence is highly exaggrated but let's just pretend that you are correct that everybody is using it.  So what you are saying is that even with CB which completely negates the TF advantage you are getting killed everytime.  That tells me that the problem isn't the TF but rather your own level of skill.  I'm going to leave the rest of your post alone as it only reinforces this.  From where I'm sitting you probably do need the TF just to give you a little more edge.  But more importantly you really need to work on your aim and your flanking.  You may not be that far off from being a good player but you definitely are missing something if you really think that the TF is causing your issues when you are already using the perk that negates it.

cptnkrk69

Your absolutely right, I'm new to this game and I will admit I do make excuses for my poor play, but I still play.  My problem is really learning to flank, and spawns, and other team mates.  Seems that when I'm on a good team who stays together, I get many kills, but on othe teams who break away I get killed.  Oh, Oh, another bad excuse.I watch the films of other people who do well and try to play their style and use their guns and become confused. Seems that the weapons I used pdw-57 Msmc had more recoil added to them. Why me. I do use other weapons and do fine with some as well, just takes some time.

What about campers and guys who hide behind walls and roof tops don't move the entire game.  Spawn traps, lag switches, what can I do then.  Thanks for your advice, I'm sure your a great player

cptnkrk out, peace my brother

phxs72

I'm above average maybe but a great player probably not.  I do have a lot of time in the game though.  I'd suggest that if SMGs are your thing that you give the Vector a try.  It's pretty accurate at range and can be quite devastating.  It's got a 36 mag which is about the same as the MSMC.

As your gameplay development goes, don't get caught in the trap of making excuses.  Sure some legitimate BS is going to happen but it happens to everybody.  Just learn what you can from it and adapt your gameplay style accordingly.  We were all easy kills for somebody at some point in our CoD experience.  As long as you keep working on it you will eventually start to see the things that will turn cannon fodder into a polished soldier.  There are a number of little things to learn but you'd be surprised just how quickly you can pick them up.

cptnkrk69

Sir, I have tried the vector and do like it, probably because I like the scorpion too. I do ok with that one as well, by my standards, of course.My beef is the people hiding behind things,like walls crouching down in corners, laying down in a room waiting for you to enter, knowing where you spawn and setting up camp there, bouncing betties and claymores surround them as well as do their teammates. I played one game where I actually did put a target finder on and played "their" game and I couldn't stand it, of course I did well, but where's the fun in that.

Seems like when the game starts and every one runs to a building or hiding spot, because sometimes I just can't find anyone to kill, and that's no lie.

I watch my team continually spawn or re-spawn not sure, still new to this, and they keep going back to the slaughter fest, over and over. I try to play it cautious and hang back abit but have no one around me for back up and get slammed.

I have tried assault rifles and played more cautiously more on a stealth level, somewhat better,   , when I see ( I'll be nice)  that person with a target finder rack up them kills  I see red and lose my composure and strap on the mp7 and go on the hunt.

Do I need more hours in this game, more gameplay, to be able to deal with these campers and people who just hide and wait to ambush you, or play with friends to help combat this issue as some one else has suggested. If the latter is true  then I'm screwed, 'cause I 'aint got no friends

p.s.

sorry for being somewhat redundant

Also, I have tried almost all of the weapons simlpy because I get tired of just using the same one over and over.

I want enjoy all that this game has to offer as well, its not all about numbers and stats to me, I like to be challenged, so I try different weapons.Like I said, I'm new to this whole cod genre so please forgive me if I have insulted anyone in anyway.

"stay out of the shadows"

cptnkrk gone

cptnkrk69

Sir, I have tried the vector and do like it, probably because I like the scorpion too. I do ok with that one as well, by my standards, of course.My beef is the people hiding behind things,like walls crouching down in corners, laying down in a room waiting for you to enter, knowing where you spawn and setting up camp there, bouncing betties and claymores surround them as well as do their teammates. I played one game where I actually did put a target finder on and played "their" game and I couldn't stand it, of course I did well, but where's the fun in that.

Seems like when the game starts and every one runs to a building or hiding spot, because sometimes I just can't find anyone to kill, and that's no lie.

I watch my team continually spawn or re-spawn not sure, still new to this, and they keep going back to the slaughter fest, over and over. I try to play it cautious and hang back abit but have no one around me for back up and get slammed.

I have tried assault rifles and played more cautiously more on a stealth level, somewhat better,   , when I see ( I'll be nice)  that person with a target finder rack up them kills  I see red and lose my composure and strap on the mp7 and go on the hunt.

Do I need more hours in this game, more gameplay, to be able to deal with these campers and people who just hide and wait to ambush you, or play with friends to help combat this issue as some one else has suggested. If the latter is true  then I'm screwed, 'cause I 'aint got no friends

p.s.

sorry for being somewhat redundant

Also, I have tried almost all of the weapons simlpy because I get tired of just using the same one over and over.

I want enjoy all that this game has to offer as well, its not all about numbers and stats to me, I like to be challenged, so I try different weapons.Like I said, I'm new to this whole cod genre so please forgive me if I have insulted anyone in anyway.

"stay out of the shadows"

cptnkrk gone

cptnkrk69

Your absolutely right, I'm new to this game and I will admit I do make excuses for my poor play, but I still play.  My problem is really learning to flank, and spawns, and other team mates.  Seems that when I'm on a good team who stays together, I get many kills, but on othe teams who break away I get killed.  Oh, Oh, another bad excuse.I watch the films of other people who do well and try to play their style and use their guns and become confused. Seems that the weapons I used pdw-57 Msmc had more recoil added to them. Why me. I do use other weapons and do fine with some as well, just takes some time.

What about campers and guys who hide behind walls and roof tops don't move the entire game.  Spawn traps, lag switches, what can I do then.  Thanks for your advice, I'm sure your a great player

cptnkrk out, peace my brother

Restore_Hardcore

I only play HC tdm so my opinions are based off this mode. The number one rule if you want to be good at cod and enjoy it is play however YOU want to play and use whatever weapon/attachment/Perk YOU want to use. If you want to rush the map, do it. If you want to lockdown an area, do it. My goal in tdm is always 13 kills and 5 deaths, if I average those stats I know I'm helping my team (I run solo). If I'm rushing and I start to die 2-3 times in a short period I play defense and lockdown an area. No I don't just sit in a shadow and pray the enemy runs in front of me, I move around but in strategic places. I can recover and go back on the hunt. Same thing if I'm "camping" an area, if I'm not getting customers it's time to move and drum up business. The biggest mistake I see people make in tdm is they keep rushing even when they're getting mowed down, some even keep running to the exact same spot! Just use your head and change your strategy if something isn't working cause nothing works 100% of the time. Don't forget to have fun, it's a game so enjoy it.

SitRepPro

Knowing the spawns is usually the recipe for a pub stomp so it depends which game modes you play.  The most sporadic is probably TDM because there are no objectives so traffic is not going to be funnelled into specific parts of the maps, although there will be popular sites where people visit like the back alley on Overflow for example.  If you're playing with randoms it's usualyl quite rare, at least for me, where everyone appears to be cooperating by not pushing too far across the map so the enemies are not spawning behind me.

Bystander10

I think the TFs were put in to keep all the children happy.  If you want to be a better player learn to use the iron sights; they are all you need if your aim is good and frees up an attachement like quickdraw or stock.  Toughness  is  a must.

Bystander10

I think the TFs were put in to keep all the children happy.  If you want to be a better player learn to use the iron sights; they are all you need if your aim is good and frees up an attachement like quickdraw or stock.  Toughness  is  a must.

Viper-BSM

Using the Target Finder does not make you a noob in any way.

stevemcqueen1228

Its too late to take it out of the game, but there should be some sort of penalty you get for seeing people light up as red diamonds and spraying and praying to kill them - I had a couple of thoughts for a 'nerf':

1.) No quick draw or stock and slower ADS time.

2.) Can't see the mini map while ADS (like a sniper scope)

Ryo-ku-

Thats one of the things I find weird in this game, you got the dual band scope which is almost functionally the same except you don't have your radar when scoped in and at longer ranges its harder to see people with cold blooded and its the last unlock (mainly talking about LMGs here), but then you have the target finder which is like what lvl 8 or 9 unlock? you have a clearer picture and your radar, that hardly makes any sense to me.  IMO they should flip when you unlock the 2 of them.  Thought maybe the reason its got a higher unlock lvl and no radar is cuz of its ability to see through smoke? Either way for the most part the TF feels superior to me.

Personally I don't mind the TF, are the people that complain about it the type of people that like to hide in random hard to see spots and get easily spotted by them?

Err0r_6_Is_Back1_LOL

1. no

2. no

greggggggg

Because its the easiest way to play. I hate it.. It's way to OP. people just spray with there lmg with target finder. It's annoying.

AshKillem

I don't get the Target Finders.. they are basically the new noob tube.  They need balancing (no extra aim assist) or at least to be taken out of league play