43 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 9:41 AM by amathyx RSS

Ban the KAP 40 from League Play

XtinXionZ

- This gun is  OP especially for being a secondary weapon

- Gamebattles has already banned it for the same reason

• Re: Ban the KAP 40 from League Play
    XtinXionZ

I think this would put more skill back into the game seeing as having a sniper rifle and a KAP40 is equivilant to having overkill with a sniper and smg

trialstardragon

The league matches do not directly 100% follow the GB or MLG rules.

No weapon in this game is OP, just easy to use and easy to use does not mean OP.

Machine pistols are meant to kill very quickly for they spit out lots of rounds fast. So doing so does not make it OP. For it should kill in mere moments in CQC or close engaments because of the sheer number of rounds it fires.

InstantOG

The Kap is OP in BO2 but put in any other CoD it's weak, it reminds me of the G18. The maps are too small for most guns and because of that the Kap dominates.

trialstardragon

The KAP is not OP, no weapon in this game is OP and never has been, just easy to use in its intended area. Just becuase you think it is OP does not make it OP and never will. I have killed players just as easy with the burst fire pistol and the tac as I can with the KAP. So are those OP as well because I can use them to beat out a player using a SMG or AR in CQC or at short range? NO, they are not.

InstantOG

Because a kap can kill from a farther range than an AR and kill better at close range then an SMG. OP maybe but it's definitely too easy to use.

trialstardragon

the KAP cannot kill from farther than an AR. AR's have a greater range than the KAP and that is fact. Play a long game and the KAP player will be easily beat. Dont rush them, dont get close where the KAP is strong and should be becuase it is a full auto weapon. Just like the FMG9's from MW3 which were not OP either. Just very effective in the range they are meant to be used.

Only thing if any they need to do is increase the bloom where if not ads the chance of hitting the target at any range beyond short is reduced to less than 25% meaning 1 out of every 4 rounds would hit meaning ti would not kill at ranges beyond short with out needing the entire clip to be fired in most cases. there is no reason for them to remove teh gun itself though.

adw1983

Just stop talking about game balance.

Just stop.

Seriously.

You're not adding anything by saying "I don't think..."

Game statistics and weapon power in competetive gaming is not about opinions, but about facts.

It's a fact that the weapon in question is better than every single primary.

It's also a fact that the lag-comp system adds so much artificial delay that the increased movement speed, and especially strafe speeds, adds an additional layer to the fights:

"The lag."

TL_Bare_B_V2

Ban this, ban that eventualy you'll be left with combat knives and Tac.45 and then someone will say the CK is OP because it's a OHK weapon.

phxs72

The CK is OP at arms length but anywhere else it couldn't cut through hot butter.  I hate to say it but if the OP can't handle the KAP 40 then he wouldn't be able to handle any of the other secondaries either.  They too are very effective within their respective ranges.  So he would need to have all of them banned to be happy.  Personally, I don't have a problem taking on KAP 40 users.  Even dual wield ones aren't a problem if your tactics are solid.

trialstardragon

So very true. the same goes for any weapon in this game. None are really OP, just in the right hands very effective.

The OP is no more than somone that can not stand having a secondary beat their primary so they want it removed. So they can feel good again and not worry about it.

amathyx

you'll get a lot of flak from people that will never be competitive at anything in their life but you're correct in the sense that the kap40 is too strong at close range when playing against people that aren't actually clueless like most people defending it are playing against

most likely however nothing will be done so you're better off just making a kap40 or r870 class for hardpoint

trialstardragon

The KAP is no better than the TAC in the right hands. And people like you that like to claim it is like the OP will never understand it either. I can killa person in close range just as easy with the TAC as I can with the KAP. So I guess the TAC is OP too eh?

amathyx

tac is pretty stupid but it isn't as mindless

your sarcasm is lost because i don't really care about the opinions of bad players to begin with

trialstardragon

Nor does 3arc really care about your view because of that statment right there. You think you are so much better than other players so 3arc must listen to you. So basically your view is pointless too.

amathyx

no, i don't expect treyarch to listen to me. i realize they cater to the absolute worst players on the planet which is why call of duty is a joke.

trialstardragon

LOL and I suspose you think you are a great player and they should listen to you instead eh? Vane much? Prideful much?

Just because you do not like the weapon does not mean it is OP, does not mean it has to be removed just because you will not change your playstyle and instead expect them to change the game to suit you and how you want to play.

amathyx

what part of 'i don't expect them to listen to me because they cater to the worst players on the planet' was so difficult to comprehend

trialstardragon

Again I will aks vain much? Prideful much?

amathyx

again i will say i do not care about your petty opinions and comments

unskilled players have no grounds for talking about balance because there are things that are just out of their realm of comprehension

that isn't an insult, it's not your fault, but it will be your fault if you intentionally follow the road of ignorance and don't try to become better and just ignore the fact that better players understand what they're talking about more than you do

of course you could completely ignore this because the entire game is a joke and caters to the intentionally ignorant

trialstardragon

LOL you take the cake thinking your view is more imporant that someone else. what a joke, what a riot you are.

The so calle skilled players are not nearly as skilled as they think or claim if they need things removed from a game to play it. A truly skilled player can adapt to the situation and overcome the problem inf front of them. so I guess you really are not that skilled of a player if you cannot do that.

the game does not cater to any specific type of player, but players like you will always try to claim it does becuase it does not cater to how you think it should be. You are the joke of the game really.

Anyone needing something removed in order to play and trying to call it balance is a joke really. And those with real skill and understanding know this. But the wannabe's that need things removed will never know this or admit to it becuase they dare not for then the truth will be known that they are not nearly as good as they think they are because they cannot handle the full game as it was meant to be played.

amathyx

sorry, i actually care about having a fair, balanced environment because i don't have to play like an idiot to succeed.

i can adapt to anything, which is why i am better than you. that doesn't make some things not stupid, which is what bad players fail to comprehend.

you can continue thinking that, because you are the reason call of duty is a joke to the entire gaming community. it's dumbed down beyond belief so people who aren't good at anything can compete, even though you're still completely clueless.

trialstardragon

You must not be able to adapt to anything or else you would not need anything removed from the game. So I guess you are not really better than anyone in reality. For you need things removed to blance out the game for you.

Actually it is people like you that are the problem in the game where you take the game to serious and forget it is just a game and not life and death. The game will never have the skill gap that you think it should have just so you can brag or gloat about how much better you are becuase of your stats.

I am not clueless at all about this game or how to play it or why it is how it is. But it seems as if you are, for you are one that wants a large skill gap so you can claim to be better. Where if you need such a skill gap then you really are not better at all.

But you will never see this becuase your vanity and pride forbid you from ever understanding a simple fact about how the game is. The game was not ever meant just for the uber wannabe competitive players and never will be.

You want a game made only that way, go take the classes and make your own and then try and sell it and see how well ti would do in the market. I can answer your right now. Not well at all, it would only ever have a small following and a small playerbase. And as a company that is a bad direction for as a company you want to make the most money, not keep a small niche group happy the most.

So this game will never be the way you or anyone else like you think it should be and no whining about it here will ever really change that fact either.

People like you who take the game way to serious need to learn to lighten up and get over yourself and your ideals about how the game has to be in order for it to be fun.

For the game is meant to be fun first, competitive second and always will be.

amathyx

half your petty rant is irrelevant, and most of it is stupid and inaccurate to begin with

first paragraph is stupid and has already been addressed, but you're too dimwitted to let it go

i don't take this joke of a game seriously at all, but how seriously i take the game has zero impact on what should be balanced, so this is irrelevant

third paragraph is completely stupid. if there's a skill gap then obviously the better players are... better? that has got to be the worst logic i've seen on these forums, and that's really saying something

there are plenty of games that focus mostly on competitive gameplay and they're some of the biggest names in the gaming industry right now, you might want to rethink that argument

i don't see why you have to repeat something that i, MYSELF, have already said. they balance the game for bad players like you, so of course they're not going to change it

the last 2 paragraphs are irrelevant

trialstardragon

What you call balanc is not balance at all it is dumming the game down to suit a singular playstyle. Which is what MLG and GB does. So more emphasis is put on map control and predictable outcomes becuase of limited play styles. That does not equate to balance. For League is balanced and fair since eveyrone can use the same things so no one is really at a disadvantage at all. Just the wannabe players that only want to play one specific way and want the game adjusted to them becuase they do not want to have to deal with the ful random chaotic possibility of the game. So they call removing the things balacing the game out. when really it is not.

Why do you continue to reply to me then eh? If you know ti will not be changed then why reply to what I say eh? Because you need to defend your playstyle for someone like me that may turn others against it becuase they may agree with me and then players that take the game too serious would be laughed at even more eh?

This game was meant to be able to be played by anyone and for them to have fun. Not just for those wannabe tryhards that think they should dominate over everyone all the time becuase they put x amount of hours pratcing to play one set way. And as I said earlier this game is not made for the uber tryhards and never will be. This game series will never be how you think it should be for it would be too limited a playerbase that would like it and buy it. And the company is out to make money so they have to cater to the largest playerbase and not the smaller niche players that like mlg or gb style games.

Again if mlg is so great then why does it not hire a company to make a game only for them and use only their rules and nothing else? Why? the answer is simple they would not make back the cost of production in sales of the game. So they rely on other games and developers and then the players like you cry and whine when the game does not exactly fit how you think it should be. Instead of crying here about go cry on the mlg forums about them not using an inhouse game developer and making a game specificly for mlg itself..

Until mlg is willing to do that they will not ever really be taken serious. For as long as they need to leech off of other companies they will always just be a niche group and never a mainstream event taken serious by the general public and thus not ever really a high played game style so most developers will not ever change their game to just suit the mlg wannabe players.

League was not made to just 100% duplicate MLG rules. For there are more competitive gaming styles then just MLG. And removing things does not make it more competitive, just dumbed down where only certain skill set is required to play.

amathyx

it isn't dumbing the game down, what you ALREADY have is a dumbed down game

i continue to reply to you because the only reason i am on these forums is to try to educate players so we might get a game that is actually worth playing, but apparently there are some people that just want to be bad for the entirety of their existence

i don't care who the game was made for, that is, again, irrelevant

it seems like the only thing that exceeds your incompetency is your capacity for irrelevancy

the nfl didn't create football, the nba didn't create basketball, etc.

again, there are plenty of games that are made mostly with competitive in mind, and THEY ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW

thanks for making me repeat myself multiple times because apparently you'd rather be bad at a bad game than go to school

you are a prime example of the result of what dumbing down a game to the point of where everyone can play it does to people

trialstardragon

Who the game is made for is very relevant to the company making the game and them making money and that is their primary goal. not to cater to a bunch of wannabes that only want the game to play how they think it should be.

Actually no they are not some of the biggest games in the industry right now or they would be hear about more often and on tv and publicized more often but they are not. Never hear of these so called big competitive games on broadcast tv, so I guess they are not really the big or the best either.

they are not ever going to make this game be only for players like you no matter how much you want them too. So get over it and yourself and your ideals about how the game should be made or played by people for it is not going to happen any time soon if ever. For the day they do they will loose more customers than ever and not make record sales and that is all they really care about. Selling games and making money.

amathyx

no, it isn't

who the game is made for has zero impact on whether something is overtuned or not

um, yes, they are, lol

league of legends, dota, starcraft, etc. these games are HUGE worldwide and have hundreds of thousands of viewers every single day on twitch

cod caps out at like 10,000 viewers, rofl

dota and starcraft both have their own t.v. channel in some countries

quake has had a convention for the last 17 years, which is the fps game that pretty much set the standard for competitive shooters

try doing research you idiot

thanks for repeating what i just said, again, for the third time

they have to cater to people like you so you buy their dlc

Restore_Hardcore

Gamers can't handle the real version of this game so they ban everything. Weak.

XtinXionZ

Kap 40 is the fastest killing close range weapon in the game asside from a shotgun and it's a secondary weapon. I would have no beef with it if it was a primary weapon.

ab36

And yet most of the better competitive players are probably better than you. But no, I'm not saying that it matters so much who is better at a video game, but thinking that players who play with restrictions on features are worse players is weak. Again, NBA players play with "restrictions" on their game, and yet they'd still beat most street players who don't have "restrictions".

trialstardragon

There is a very distinct defference between the NBA and the restrictions it uses in games and CoD. In the NBA you are allreayd limited to what you can do becuase of the court and layout of the court it has little to do with the rules; where in CoD you have more available choices and to remove one and call it balancing is just stupid.

If you have to remove something to balance the game that is not balancing that is limiting game play and that does not equate to or show better skills. Just players with a certain subest of skills compared to those that play the full game with everything in it.

To equate mlg to NBA would be like having the NBA disallow 3 point shots because not everyone can make them; or to have the NBA disallow passes from across the entire court, where a player can only pass to someone 20 feet away from them ever.

It would be like the NFL saying that because one team is a running team, the other team which is a passing team cannot pass and has to run the ball instead.

It would be like the MLB saying that players cannot bunt becuase bunting is not skill full and makes it to hard for the other players to get to the ball to try and get the bunter out.

It would be like the NHL saying you cannot shoot from more than 20 feet away at the net.

It would be like PGA saying that you cannot go for hole in one's becuase not eveyrone in the tournament can make them.

Need I go on?

Bystander10

I've got a gold KAP40 'cos I love annoying people like you.  If you can get it off me you can keep it. 

EODBombSquad

B23R>Kap. They already nerf the kap I'm sorry you cant beat someone using this gun ******

zcatastroph3z

You make bad people good with a gun that 95% of the time gets the kill over the evo . Over a lot of guns simply disallowing it from league play as mlg variant and gb variant would make it better.

stevemcqueen1228

From what I glanced over of this thread - a majority of people who are upset about the KAP are upset because it is a 'secondary' weapon and can still run show in the right hands.

The economics of a pick ten system are different from the class set up options of games past.  The secondary weapons have to be good or any 'rational' (I use this in the economical sense) player would take a second tactical, lethal or perk greed instead of a secondary weapon. 

Essentially the secondary weapons have to be at least as good as having a 4th perk or from a strictly utilitarian perspective no rational player would use them.

If the secondary weapons couldn't kill people you would better off having a 4th perk and picking up a second weapon in most game modes. Search and Destroy would be the exception, sniper, shot gun and semi automatic rifles classes might be an exception depending on your abilities or play style. 

That being said I believe all of the secondary weapons are exactly as good as they need to be in Black Ops 2.  If the secondary weapons are nerfed as bad as the MSMC was (it was too good at one point) it will confirm to me what I have long suspected - that 3arch listens to complainers and bows to public perception instead of true game play balancing. 

arbitrarychaos1

Doesnt matter what people say, the Kap is OP. It fires the same size rounds as an SMG and fires slower than an SMG, yet the Kap gets a kill in 3 bullets where an SMG takes atleast triple that. MLG banned the Kap for a reason. Championship league, after the first season, changed its rules to match MLG. If they are going to keep it that way then the Kap will be removed from Championship league play. we will all find out at the start of next season. Discusssion over, stated facts not opinions.

matuzz

I have more ballistic knife kills than KAP-40 and MSMC kills combined which are the most dominant weapons of Black Ops 2. KAP-40 indeed is just too powerful in close range 1 spray with no aiming takes some one down very fast.