1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2014 3:08 AM by matuzz Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Zombiefaces

You got me there, no "good guy" would expose his daughter to something that dangerous. Your right, the both started to get edgy after the initial experiments.

Richtofen is stil the badder (lol) guy. :)

• 21. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Shredder2468

"Then why in that radio was he worried about Maxis stealing his idea?"

Why did Richtofen show Maxis the teleported if he was worried it was going to be stolen?

Because he didn't know at that time. After Maxis denied his work, he got paranoid, thinking that Maxis was deceiving him, and that Maxis wanted to steal the technology and perfect it himself. Wait, let me bring up the audio reels....

Edward Richtofen: "Log entry 38. Date: December 4, 1939. The matter transferrance prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Dr. Richtofen. We have the new test subject, a walnut, weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during tests."

Edward Richtofen: "Excellent, Dr. Schuster. Commence test number 151."

Dr. Schuster: "Yes, Doctor, er, please insert your earplugs."

(Buzzing, whizzing, clanging, and propelling are heard)

Dr. Schuster: "Good God! We've done it! We have powered up the prototype, and it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it...."

Edward Richtofen: "...teleported..Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!

*Static*

Ludwig Maxis: "But this is not the crucial experiment that you were supposed to be working on..."

Edward Richtofen: "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."

Ludwig Maxis: (Sarcastically) "What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery.'"

Edward Richtofen: "Don't be obtuse."

Ludwig Maxis: (Angrily) "How DARE you call me that! We are at war, Edward! (slightly calmer) I will admit that there is promise here, but until this war is won..."

Edward Richtofen: "Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis, but Group 935 is a research organization. What was the motto? 'To improve the human condition.' What business of ours is this war?"

Ludwig Maxis: (In a defeated voice) "Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."

Edward Richtofen: "Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us."

Ludwig Maxis: "That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with YOU. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet."

Edward Richtofen: "Think of the tactical advantage we will have..."

Ludwig Maxis: "Think of the cost, think of the time! We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your (angrily) walnut basket. Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work."

*Feet hitting the ground and a door slamming can be heard*

Edward Richtofen: "What a jerk. I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..."

Dr. Schuster: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect it without us, are you?"

Edward Richtofen: "I would by no means discourage that thought. Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science."

• 22. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Shredder2468

Well didn't Maxis want to keep Samantha safe at all time bough? That's why he had her in the base right? He was afraid of losing her after her mother died?

• 23. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    theatriks

Shredder2468 wrote:

I know you didn't. I was just saying that I don't believe there is a demon inside of him.

I'm pretty sure Maxis is controlled by nobody, but if the OP IS correct, and Richtofen IS controlled by a demon, then he would be the lesser of the two evils, since he had no plan to do anything based on destruction to mankind originally.

I meant that in all my playings I never formed an opinion of his mental state. Not enough information for me to commit to an opinion.

Neither had any plans to destroy mankind originally.

• 24. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    theatriks

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

Also, the nazis asked for weaponry. That's what they needed at the time.

The DG-2 was considered too dangerous for mass production, as the user of it would become exposed to high radiation.

Stopping production of a dangerous weapon that can harm the user....

Sounds like a good guy move to me.

• 25. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Shredder2468

I never assumed what your opinion was. :-).

I know neither had plans to destroy mankind. That sentence up ther was t to say between Maxis and Richtofen. It was to say between the Demon and Richtofen. Richtofen didn't originally have plans to destroy mankind until the Demon came along, as to say if the OP theory is correct.

• 26. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Wingnuttz57

Wow what a thread lol

Anyways it's only my opinion but I think they are both as evil as each other, yet Rictofen is more insane,

For me you have to forget about all the experiments after the very first and all the story line that goes with it,

You need to look at the origins of the two together and make your mind up from there,

They was both working for the nazis and are both looking for the nazis to win the war, that alone says to me that they are both evil,

Maxis does seem to have some compassion though, and like shredder and death said he wanted the war to end quicklyakinge think he is the lesser of the two evils,

And Rictofen seems happy to do anything to get ahead of the enemy, making him more evil to me,

Also with Rictofen he is a coward, he lies he cheats he does everything on the sly, he is snide, conniving and again a coward,

He is the essence of pure evil, or as close to it as possible,

But that's just my take on things,

• 27. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    DeathBringer-Zen

True, but it was not just Maxis opinion, it was a group decision, and they were looking to secure funding.

Not all the group became heavily exposed till AFTER funding was secured, and the Group split up and given designated posts.

The story is not exactly water tight anyway, so there WILL be areas that even enthusiasts like myself will not be able to explain properly, but the general thought, is that the group all became exposed to the element at different areas.

Richtofen & Maxis at Der Riese, Yuri and Gersch at the Soviet Cosmodrome, Shuster and Groph on Moon.

They all became insane, and all turned on one and other. No one really tried to see reason, and this is why I think it is down to the exposure.

This was then somewhat confirmed is the rather lame TV messages on Tranzit and Die Rise, about the paranoia, and ultimately, global contamination of the virus.

• 28. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Zombiefaces

Of course, that's why I had originally supported the idea that maxis was the good guy. He obviously only suggested the idea of Samantha coming into contact with the 115 after he had exposure, therefore making him somewhat insane.

But ya, your last post helps my argument that maxis is the "good guy" also wingnutz uses a word in his post that in no way applies to Richtofen and certainly is aligned with being a good guy.

Compassion.

• 29. Re: Is Richtofen Good?  Maxis Evil
    Zombiefaces

Compassion is a trait of a good guy. Maxis certainly shows compassion and remorse.

Richtofen is just a crazy gay dude.

HAHA