26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 1:45 AM by CrashPower RSS

Can't find Hardcore Capture the Flag

Love this game can't find it anymore.  Is it gone, if it is when will they bring it back.  Been playing it for years and now its gone.  I do like the original black ops format better than the Black Ops II with the timed cap winning.

• Re: Can't find Hardcore Capture the Flag
    xmrythem

HCDOM replaced CTF because of low numbers. I am on board with you as I can't believe they replaced it. I have since moved to core CTF and I am doing just fine. Different game speed, much less spawn trapping, but overall not as much fun.

HC = who can get on target first.

CORE = who can stay on target longer.

trialstardragon

You just described the only real difference between core and hard core. All the other minor things like no mini map or hud really make no difference.

h=less time to kill, easier to spray pray

c=more time to kill, harder to spray pray.

Bielsalmighty

No HUD makes a big old difference when one team calls in a UAV. It also means that communication is vital to keep tabs on where the danger is coming from in a mode without fixed/stubborn base spawns.

Also, shorter TTK works against you too, put one foot just slightly wrong and your dead. Spray n pray players tend not to do so well in my experience. Its certainly cost me a few streaks when I've lost my cool and resorted to it.

Horses for courses my friend, horses for courses.

NoLifeKing29

They aren't bringing it back.

Proclaimor

Core CTF definitely needs more players, the numbers have been abysmal.

CrashPower

I ask the developers to PLEASE consider one of the other alternate solutions that have also been used in the last two Call of Duty games. One of them is creating a second Hardcore playlist called Hardcore Objectives. After all, Arms Race was announced by 3arc as for a limited time and the DLC slot is almost up. For example: 

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE (4 slots)

COMPAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

BONUS (2 slots)

UPRISING (3 slots)

why not have

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE Objective (4 slots) (SnD, HQ, DOM, CTF)

COMBAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

HARDCORE (3 slots) (TDM, KC, FFA)

This also leaves one slot unused incase Nuketown 24/7 or Arms Race would return. I would really appreciate the developers considering ANY option as this would allow a larger selection for the hardcore community as a whole.  Hardcore CTF was the only game mode I enjoyed playing. Please find some way to bring it back. Even if it is one of the choices to vote for in a moshpit type playlist. Call of Duty has done it before.... please do it again.

trialstardragon

The DLC slot cannot be used until there is no more DLC to be released for the game, so that means not until the 4th DLC has been released.

One reason why what you ask for will not work is people do not like any sort of list that may be a mosh list.  And they cannot use the DLC slots until the last DLC is out for they would need those slots for the DLC release until it was put in to normal rotation. So should they use them and then during the week or two that DLC is out, take them away people would cry about how unfair it was for them to do that.. To PUT THEM BACK or they are not playing or buying the game anymore!!!111!!111!one1!

They will not do a mosh list like in BO because of how bad it failed and was so hated by the majority of the players in the game.

acm2010

It probably won't work. I did something a little bit different in the link below than what he has set up.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414435164#414435164 Look at the last post.

Given that it was just an idea I heard from the in-game chatter.

CrashPower

I simply want Hardcore Capture the Flag back trialstardragon. I wouldn't presume to know the best way to do it, but the developers do. I was simply offering an example that Call of Duty has utilized in the past other than game mode rotation. It may seem trivial to many, but HC CTF is the only multiplayer mode I enjoy and I played it all the time. I had over 33 days of online game play with my gamer tag "CrashPower A" before I stopped playing multiplayer early last April. Other than Zombies, which I have been playing every day since, HC CTF is the reason I purchased the game. I just want the game mode that my friends and I love so much to return. I miss it and I miss my friends. Since I'm sure that Treyarch & Activision take pride in all the work they put into Black Ops 2, I thought they would appreciate hearing from someone that has devoted so much time playing it because it's so fun and who truly appreciates all their hard work. (Am I sucking up? Sure, but I'm being honest. Heck, I'd get down on my knees and beg, run naked through the streets, or even tell them  where my grandmother hides the cookie jar with her life savings if I thought that would help). LOL

Finally trialstardragon, how can you justify your reasoning with a statement like "people would cry about how unfair it was for them to do that.. To PUT THEM BACK or they are not playing or buying the game anymore" when we've been doing that since CTF was removed! I know someone will always be upset about changes but I refuse to believe that they would deny us a game mode, which was there when we purchased the game, for the remainder of the year.Tons of us have provided feedback asking for its return. Many disscussions have been started about it since April 10th. Here is just one example. The link below had over 27,000 views and 23 pages of replies.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200663263?start=0&tstart=0

The developers are listening or they wouldn't have started rotating game modes to begin with. If Arms Race and the DLC playlist are getting ready to be removed then I would like the devs to consider a new solution when making the changes.

the_fallen_pariah

Get your friends together and make a custom match of HC CTF. Easy solution with about as many players as there was before the mode was removed from the playlists.

CrashPower

Come on the_fallen_pariah, be serious. Also, if you go strictly "by the numbers" Search and Destroy" has the lowest numbers of the current HC Playlist, but from what I understand, it's untouchable. They have used other methods in the past to address this issue and it stands to reason that they will try to come up with something in the future.

NoLifeKing29

HC SnD still has more than CTF ever did. I wouldnt expect anything from Treyarch, support for HC has been pathetic since day 1.

CrashPower

NoLifeKing29, just because S&D will not be rotated out, it doesn't mean it has great numbers. Other community members have said that Vahn responded to someone on twitter that HC S&D, like TDM, is an untouchable game mode in HC meaning that it would not be removed regardless of the numbers playing HC S&D. I don't know why, but I'll take their word for it. I'm not suggesting that S&D be removed anyway LifeKing29. I wouldn't presume to know the best way to bring back HC CTF, but the developers do. Do you even know what CTF's numbers were? Unless you keep track of CTF's number like I've been to the current games modes, I don't see how you can objectively say that S&D had so many more than CTF. Ever since I lost my game mode I've paid close attention to the playlist stats that the game provides. Below are the number of players in each of the current HC playlist. Both samples are the same time of day. One was during the week and the other on the weekend. 

4/17/2013 @ 11:30pm EST
                  Team Deathmatch - 27,217
                  Kill Confirmed  - 10,566
                  Domination - 6,040
                  Search & Destroy- 4,432

4/19/2013 @ 11:30pm EST
                  Team Deathmatch - 32,993
                  Kill Confirmed  - 12,914
                  Domination - 9,042
                  Search & Destroy- 5,859

Though HC S&D isn't going anywhere, I bet its numbers were lower that you believed NoLifeKing29. However, the reason I keep track of things like that is because if I want to make constrictive feedback about the CTF issue, I need to make sure I've got my facts straight and understand the issue as best I can.

NoLifeKing29

CTF regularly had less than 4k. It wasn't as barren as core CTF is, but it was very low. Its just not a good game mode.

acm2010

At this point in time they will not be bringing back CTF or FFA in HC since this game is half way through its life cycle. I personally want HC FFA back, but I have to compete with people wanting DOM, CTF, and there is some people who want HQ in HC as well. Granite that Vahn's post in the link provide: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200530533?start=10&tstart=0 Just tells us that there will not be enough players for certain game modes. I tried grouping game modes that had something in common. Ex. Bomb moshpit, Kill Moshpit, etc..., but in the end I don't hink there will be enough players at this point in time. Like I said we are half way through the game cycle, so it will not really matter if they bring it back or not. Xbox Infinity is just aroung the corner along with COD: Ghost.

trialstardragon

You may want it back, but it is not coming back any time soon to hc. Not enough players played it compared to lists that are there now. There is no reason for them to bring it back really just to make a few happy about it again. When clearly more are happy with what is in the game right now.

They have every right to deny us anything they feel does not belong in the game anymore. They have the final say on what is in the game or not, not the players. So no matter how much you do not like it or think it is unfair it does not really matter in the end.

They can completely keep it out of the game for the rest of this game and could even decide not to even have it in the next game if they so wanted too and would not care about anyone they upset doing this either.

As long as they make record sales each year, they do not care if they upset a few thousand players over the loss of one game mode in hc.

You must not have seen the forums much during the BO1 Bombs&Flags fiasco where people complained about it enough that the devs finally had to remove it becuase people did not like it or want it. It is for this reason alone they will not do mosh lists again in hc like that. The average player will not tolerate them, they hate them. They do not like having to fight over match and mode which is what mosh lists cause. It causes so much lobby jumping that it made matches take longer to ever start and players would dashboard out of a match the moment it started and was not the map or the mode they wanted.

CrashPower

" You may want it back, but it is not coming back " Thank you for your definitive insight into this trialstardragon. Also, have any of my posts lead you to believe that I possess the delusion that the developers DON'T have the final say on what is in the game or not? Don't know where your getting that from. Furthermore, I can't tell if your attempting to contribute in each of the discussions I see you reply in or if you just derive some pleasure in arguing with other community members. Most of your posts are "They aren't going to do this" or "They'll never do that". Are you an employee of or in any way affiliated with Activision or Treyarch trialstardragon? You could be. I know of at least one Activision employee already on here. As a consumer I have the right to express my concerns just like you have the right to argue with me about every post I make. It comes down to this. They sold me the game six months before its release, plus I prepaid for a year's worth of additional maps that I believed I could play HC CTF on. If you bought a car in November, and in April, the car dealer came to your home and removed the engine, this would not only be infuriating, it would be theft. While Treyarch's TOS allows them to add/remove what they see fit to, without notice, it isn't the quality of service one would expect from one of the industry's leading video game developers. Though I have little chance of success, I will continue my efforts to have this issue addressed even if I have to pester the crap out of them until the end of time. This forum isn't the only method of communicating my dissatisfaction about this.

And, if your right about them not caring about anything as long as they make record sales each year, then we can just bicker away at will. Because no one will be reading this but other community members. I prefer to remain hopeful and positive. Besides, if you're wrong and they are listening, it will never get changed if someone doesn't provide them with constructive feedback.

trialstardragon

Yes you can express your discontent about it; but no they do not have to care if they have chosen it nolonger belongs in the game. No I do not work for 3arc or Activision; but yes I do understand somewhat of how and why they do things based upon the stats and numbers of the players in the game and based upon past performance of playlists. To claim that you only bought the game for one game mode is just preposterous at best. For you had no real idea that it would be in the game at lauch. They could have removed it before the launched the game and never said anything about it. The reserve all rights to MP and can change it how ever they see is fit no matter what anyone here likes or wants or desires. They owe us nothing and never did.

Your car analogy is not accurate, for a car is a physical item and removing the egine would make the car unuseable. Removing one game mode from a software which is not a phyical item does not make the game unuseable at all. If you choose not to play other game modes that is your fault alone, not the the game developers who made the game. So that is just an excuse and is not reason enough for them to bring it back. Oh and car manufactures do have recalls on parts of cars quite often where it is removed and replaced with somethind different when found defective. The same as how the game mode was removed and replaced with something better in the eyes of the overal playerbase. CTF never was the core of the game or the engine of the car, it was only the radio or air conditioner, something that is not needed for the car to work.

They may listen to what the players want, but they make their choices on what is best for the whole game not just one group of players. And the hc community is a minority community and not enough played or liked CTF for it to stay there. More hated the camping and kill whoring that happened in most of the games. Others complained about the kill flag which was added to make those prementioned things harder to do. So a lot did not like how it was and not enough played it to keep it in the game.

They could bring it back sure, but highly unlikely when there are so many other possible choices for them to try out first that would have higher playlist numbers. so do not get your hopes up at all about it coming back. Doing so is not really smart or healthy in regards to this situation.

acm2010

trialstardragon wrote:

Your car analogy is not accurate, for a car is a physical item and removing the egine would make the car unuseable. Removing one game mode from a software which is not a phyical item does not make the game unuseable at all. If you choose not to play other game modes that is your fault alone, not the the game developers who made the game. So that is just an excuse and is not reason enough for them to bring it back. Oh and car manufactures do have recalls on parts of cars quite often where it is removed and replaced with somethind different when found defective. The same as how the game mode was removed and replaced with something better in the eyes of the overal playerbase. CTF never was the core of the game or the engine of the car, it was only the radio or air conditioner, something that is not needed for the car to work.

I think the game severs would be the equivalent to a car engine do you think so?

They could bring it back sure, but highly unlikely when there are so many other possible choices for them to try out first that would have higher playlist numbers. so do not get your hopes up at all about it coming back. Doing so is not really smart or healthy in regards to this situation.

Also we are half way through the games life cycle, and since ghost and ONE was announced I see somewhat a decline in this game in Core and HC. Unless someone is able to rally 100K people to HC for bringing back a game mode or adding a game mode.

GoldenFAL

HC CTF was not enjoyable IMO, it started to be Camping the Flag instead of Capture the Flag. CTF has not been fun since W@W. They need to rid of it in core also. It's just not good anymore, especially with small maps I mean come on man!

CrashPower

I didn't know this until recently, but did you know that Hardcore Capture the Flag was reinstated to the PC version of Black Ops 2? Take a look at this thread from another community member who is glad that it is there but wants it returned to Xbox as well.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414510066#414510066

SubtleGhost

I dont understand why hardcore capture the flag was taken out. Yes I understand there was a lot of camping and peoples feelings getting hurt, but if you dont like it just dont play it. Other people including myself, enjoy Hardcore CTF and to be honest It is pretty disappointing to see it gone. Everybody payed the same for this game and everyone has their own preference of play. Let people who play capture the flag play it. dont like it, dont play it. Its pretty simple. BRING IT BACK!.....please.

CrashPower

Is it true that hardcore CTF was returned in the PC version of Black Ops 2?