32 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 2:11 AM by greatwarrior124 RSS

(PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue

FlyingMoose

So the uprising dlc came out for the ps3 so I downloaded it, after the download i played it for a few matches and went to bed.

When i woke up the next day and played some more i got to round 28 then suddenly the game freezes now every game i have on mob of the dead is freezing at a random point, it´s getting to the point where it is just unplayable and yes i cleaned my console and i have downloaded the textures since the release of the game so i don´t think that it´s our systems fault majority of the ps3 players are having this issue and it would be verry nice if they looked into this issue,

it´s a shame really i was exited to play the map this dosen´t happen on MP and other games only Mob Of The Dead the other maps work fine.

Now please look into this i beg of you.

• Re: (PS3) Mob Of The Dead freezing big issue
    ATVIAssist

Hello FlyingMoose,

How often are you experiencing this? How ventilated is the area that your console is in? Does your PS3 feel hot after your have encountered this freeze? ^JG

bigWang

I have the same issue and my ps3 is only a few months old. It does not freeze with any other game. I think you guys have some bugs in your code. You really need to spend more time debugging and testing before throwing it out on the market. You guys probably are writing over something in memory you shouldn't be. Maybe overflow, void pointer, idk but everybody expects better quality for how much everybody spends on the game and expansion packs.

ATVIAssist

Hello!

Which round (usually, anyways) do you run into this freeze? We're definitely looking into this, and we do apologize for the controller-throwing frustration a freeze can induce.

If you could let us know how your PS3 connects to the internet as well, that would also be super helpful, thanks!

^LM

ATVIAssist

Corythebadass

Why is this all the same questions you guys ask its not that hard a lot of people are having this problem and i keep my playstation emaculate and in well ventulated area and use a wired connection to download and play online so im 99.99999 precent sure the f*ing problem is not our systems or internet connection patch it fix it or something or give me a refund for all the dam map packs and the game and ill send my game back because this is just rediculous ive been trying to call customer support for help the past three days and i havent been getting an answer ive posted on here and seen many many many of the same problems you ask the same questions we give you the same answer and yet i havent seen one straight forward "we are looking for a soulution" answer you just keep acting like nothing is wrong sorry for begin so direct but can you guys seriously not understand all of our frustration?! its pissing me off i cant get any help or support for this.

ATVIAssist

Hi Cory,

We hear you on this being frustrating. There's nothing worse than going on a Zombies-slaying spree and everything's going awesome, only to be kicked out by a freeze.

We are definitely looking for a solution to this for you guys! Our apologies if we weren't clear, we're definitely here to help out in any way that we can.

If you don't mind, can you let us know when you see a freeze? Does it appear to be random, or does it happen more and more as you get up to higher rounds?

Thank you very much!

^LM

ATVIAssist

FlyingMoose

I have tried opening the windows, fans etc, and it was also cold outside but i still encountered the freeze.

For me it happens at random times but mostly after round 10, and no when it freezes it dosen´t get hot.

It´s great to see a response and hopefully a fix for this.

EDIT: I played on solo

RapBoss38

i recognized it often freezes when 20 thousand or more are playing on mob of the dead.

when i played on times where only 10.000 or less people were playing i had no freezes.

DreddWings

Having the same issue.  Had the game since launch, installed the textures, no probs until about two weeks ago.  The freezes were near constant and made the game unplayable.  Tried everything, redownloading the dlc, reinstalling the textures, deleting the install and reupdating...nothing helped.  Finally, found a solution, that so far (knock on wood) hasn't resulted in a single freeze.

...delete the textures!  everything else can stay, but delete the texture install included on the disc.  This is the only thing that has solved the issue for me.

On a side note, since this is the only post i'll ever make here (prolly ), just like to add that the inability to make two/three player games when your score isn't recorded if someone drops is ridiculous.  Other than that good game, though i'm hesistant to purchase mob of the dead, given the random nature of the freezing issue.

FlyingMoose

So any updates? a fix for it etc?

Talked to my friends yesterday and they are also having the same issue.

And also for people that keep playing mob of the dead on ps3 and it freezes for you DO NOT play the map until it is fixed, I have read that if it continues to freeze your ps3 it will potentially fry your motherboard and you will have to get a new ps3 if your warranty is over

So yeah this freeze issue on MOTD can break your ps3 great.

I REALLY hope that this can be resolved as quickly as possible and you are also not helping your sales two of my friends have refused to buy the season pass until this will be fixed sigh.

RapBoss38

all people with freezing issues.

try to play with another bo2 game disc. or change the hard disk and report whether its still freezing or doesnt freeze any more.

i will try to change the hard disk of my ps3.

EDIT: Changed the HDD and it stillt freezes.

RapBoss38

sind i have installed uprising dlc i the other maps freeze also. Tranzit and town freezed my ps3.

before i installed uprising i never had freezing issues.

hammy2010

I got the uprising the day it came out here (thursday the 16th of may) all seemed fine but on the sunday afterwards the 19th my ps3 froze when playing a multiplayer and did so every time i tried playing after that. I contacted sony done everything they said ( full format open ports to activision and open all ports) eventually they replaced my ps3 because nothing was helping. I had been playing the ps3 on a borrowed one and all was good but got my new one from sony in today installed and updated everything then went online took one step and froze yet again. I reopened all the ports for activision and been playing zombies and all was fine. Then went back on multiplayer and froze. Before swapping the ps3 i tried black ops and mordern warefare 2 they both also froze but instead of in game was when going in to multiplayer. Tried them again tonight and they now seem fine i even checked with god mode and battlefield 3 they work fine now it just seems to be black ops 2.

RapBoss38

SOLVED: the problem was my bo2 Disc. Tried with another disc and had no freeze. Tried my Disc on antoher ps3 and my disc freezed the other ps3. My Disk looks very well but it freezes my ps3. it seems to be my disc is damaged. Try to play with another disc.

ATVIAssist

Hi there,

We're glad to hear that you got this fixed!

If you need a replacement disc (since we're not sure if you mentioned as to whether you're using a friend's disc for now or not), you can always head over to support.activision.com and go to the Warranty and Returns section.

Let us know if you need help with that!

^LM

ATVIAssist

FlyingMoose

I really don´t think that the reason people have this issue is becouse of their disk maybe some if their disc is scratched or not not. Also RapBoss38 did say that he has this issue on other maps too while others only have this freezing issue on Mob Of the Dead, so i really do think it has something to do with the code if a fix hasn´t been found i´ll get the disc replaced (if my warranty hasn´t ran out)

It´s sad to see something you want enjoy being ruined

I am not going the say that the 800 danish kroner that i bought this game + season pass was a waste but i am almost regreting my decision.

sigh...

pork1982

wow i guess im not the only one! yesterday i made it to round 16 on mob of the dead and it froze my ps3, mind you my ps3 is 3 months old! the crazy thing is i was playing custom games. this has happen to me twice on custom games with only mob of the dead but everything else works fine even multiplayer! mob of the dead has a bug you guys need to fix this! dont come asking me about my connection because thats not the problem is the bugs in the game that cause the problem and it only seems to happen on MOB OF THE DEAD!

WTFisdit

I have The dame problem ! I can't play Tranzit pr mob of The dead my game Will just freez at The loading screen ! Can You fix this caus its really

annoying , of van i fix this problem myself ?

KiLAiniT

this is bullshit me and my friend from my clan man12345666 where on round 48 and it froze and the round didnt count it needs to be fixed

FlyingMoose

Quick update.

I played Mob of the dead yesterday got to round 30 and had a freeze. I´m starting to think that maybe the player count on public matches causes this i played when there was 7k people on MOTD and the freeze came much later while when i played when there was 12k i froze on 15 or less, now this may sound stupid and i think it´s quite dumb too but it may be true since connection issues can freeze your game, what i don´t understand i can play Die Rise to round 50 with no problems while on motd it´s a totaly different story, again it might be since only 1-2k people are playing Die Rise.

Btw i played on solo play and correct me if i´m wrong but don´t you need an internet connection to play it? otherwise you have to play local.

Tomorow i will play again but in local to see if it´s that that causes it and if not i´ll blame Treyarchs TERRIBLE programing on PS3 and demand a fix for this.

HappyFace64

The same things happening. I pay $20 for a map that i want to enjoy, and it just destroys my ps3. I cant get past round 10 without the system freezing up. Please fix this stupid issue.

BlueFusionSoviet

freezing/crashing has ALWAYS been a problem with Black Ops 2, heck there where over 300 people contacting Activision support on game release day.

I would suggest uninstalling textures from HDD. reason being, is that everytime I (personnaly) have played Black Ops 2, I notice that the HDD indicater is always bright orange, indicating that the HDD is undergoing a lot of use. overuse of an HDD can freeze anytype of system, not just a PS3. it can also cause lag... which i know everyone is sick of.

sam686

My Playstation 3 system freezes while playing in zombies Call of the dead. Happened to me 3 days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwD6nuzoKI

In that video, I was the only 4 ping bar connection, which often means I am the host. It is sad to have all players just lose connection to host's frozen Playstation 3.

If you lost connection at about round 20 or higher, it might be the host's Playstation 3 game freezes.

pork1982

•  

wow i guess im not the only one! yesterday i made it to round 16 on mob of the dead and it froze my ps3, mind you my ps3 is 3 months old! the crazy thing is i was playing custom games. this has happen to me twice on custom games with only mob of the dead but everything else works fine even multiplayer! mob of the dead has a bug you guys need to fix this! dont come asking me about my connection because thats not the problem is the bugs in the game that cause the problem and it only seems to happen on MOB OF THE DEAD!

Holla4sumdollas

just more evidence that xbox is better

Grim_Times

I am also having this issue, i never had it until i downloaded Apocalypse DLC, now it freezes at the loading screen, i have a Ps3 160 gig, well vented and have a cable connection for it, also wired in for downloads, the disc is from original drop date, got the collector's edition with the care package for the toy drone,   i can try starting a game of Mob of the Dead ( playing solo, local)  never gets passed the loading of the story, it starts telling the story of the breakout and freezes after about 5 seconds into it, and hard locks my ps3.i can eject the disk and it remains hard locked, i have also tried playing online, only to have the same issue, this is also the only map it does this on, i can play any of the other dlc's maps without problems, Any news on when this is going to be patched / fixed?

EmiliozGunz

Hello Grim,

Are you using any sort of external hard drive or thumb drive? Not necessarily using it for the DLC, but just connected in general?

Also, you may want to consider deleting the game data utility folder and reinstall the DLC/Update. 

For more information on doing this, please see: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/369/~/remove-ps3-game -data-utility-files

^JG

ATVI Support

Grim_Times

No, im using stock equipment from router to ps3, no thumb drives or external drives hooked up, i have also deleted all the files and re installed them, and still having the same issue. i can play all other maps, multiplayer, zombie online or solo, but i can not get passed the first 5 seconds of the Mob of the Dead map loading, i get to see the guards foot, and hear them say, well lets go over it again, and it locks up there. hard locks the ps3, ejecting the disc does nothing other than that. i have to hold the power button down a few seconds and get it to fully restart. let it run its system scan for shutting down improperly, and then reload the game . its very irritating. i mean the system freezing from loading this map, then a hard kill, then patiently waiting on the system to scan for errors, and then loading the game again, and still cant play the map im wanting to play is a bit ridiculous. But non the less, i deleted the game file as prompted in the link above, downloaded everything but Apocalypse  DLC again and Mob of the dead is working, played to round 30 before i died, ( im a noob at times) everything was great!, Downloaded the remaining DLC Apocalypse, and wouldnt you know it, it freezes up again, same place as last time, the gaurds foot emerges from the bottom of the cell block, you here them discussing the escape, saying " we lets go over it again, and it hard locks my ps3. You guys should really work on fixing this issue soon, from what im finding on online searches there are alot of people having this problem, ALOT! i dont think its going to be anyone's system or connection with as many people as there are complaining about this. You guys need to fix this, please! We all beg of you! according to the post this has been goin on for better than a half a year!

greatwarrior124

My Mob of the dead freezes everytime i'm on the loading screen solo custom games public and offline please if you can fix this let me know Thanks.