6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 4:40 PM by doctorlaba3rd RSS

Will we get a sequel to TASM?

TimFL274

What do you guys think? Beenox has been quite quiet the last few months (overlooking the WiiU release) and now with the next gen consoles coming out Q4 2013/Q1 2014 one could think that they can finally deliver justice to the Spider-Man movie tie-in games and build on the foundation they have laid out with TASM Game.

I hope we soon get more info on upcoming projects (preferably ASM2, I mean the movie is already in production and AFAIK TASM game info was first spotted early 2011?).

On a side-note, anyone still playing TASM? I'm about to start all over, this time not touching on any of the side-missions so I can get a backup of the savegame once the story is done (then it's easier to play the game again when I have all side-missions available without having to finish the story again).

Sorry for posting a speculation topic, I check this board nearly every day with hopes of seeing someone post in here. I just love Spider-Man games and I hate to see this discussion area die. I'd rather see speculation/idea topics than have this discussion area completely die down.

• Re: Will we get a sequel to TASM?
    OP_12

Have all of the Spider-Man movies gotten a tie-in game? Rhetorical question.

TimFL274

You are right, they even were working on Spider-Man 4 Movie Game until Sony told them it was scratched. We'll most likely get one then.

Zero1Sun

After witnessing the Batman Arkham Origins trailer that was released today, I gotta say that it's no competition when it comes to the Spiderman games. Its unfortunate because I wish that spidey could get a game operating at a high level like Batmans games are but that will never happen if all we get are halfway decent movie tie-in games. The spidey franchise desperately needs a solid open world comic book inspired game that also uses a bit of inspiration from the old cartoons and the movies just like the batman games do. Other posters on this board mentioned how the spidey games lack continuity, both in storyline and gameplay, which is why each spidey game that comes out isn't hardly any better than the last couple of games. It's sad because you would think that even with the movie universe they would be able to carry over some aspects of the previous title, but I just heard news that the upcoming Amazing Spiderman 2 is going to feature Rhino, who looks like a Russian gangster rather than that whole cross-species version from TASM. Who's to say that any other villain that Beenox uses won't be featured in the films but they'll be completely different from their game counterparts, that's going to create a lot of confusion when these characters are supposed to exist within the same universe. I say ditch the movie tie-in games which already have a bad rep in the games industry and give the spidey franchise that AAA game treatment it so richly deserves.

PunyParker

Beenox is making ASM 2 or any other Spider-Man game?...for sure?

doctorlaba3rd

Hi Tim, It will be released on 29 April 2014 in North America and 2 May in Europe for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.