38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 10:00 AM by Jsteezy79 RSS

Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!

scotland-rules

Many Modern Warfare 3 players would have noticed upon launch MW3 did not have any ricochet mode on hardcore and this caused the following.

Team Killing on HC TDM - unreal amounts

Rocket Launcher Death upon start on S&D - Many players did this when they were the host as they wouldn't be kicked.

In short Ricochet mode isn't perfect you can have trolls who trap you in the corner but these are easily dealt with and really only require a quick sacrifice of the ocasional death by you. Is it fair, no but the fact is, we can't have another CoD without it because team killing has increased and BO2 had lots and still does and MW3 at the start had quite a lot.

Bottom line is MW3 learned they needed Rcochet.

Now I am asking that instead of waiting 3 month to add it in, they add it from the start.

• Re: Hardcore Ricochet: Let's have it from the start!
    maccabi

oh hell no

ricochet was added as aknee jerk reaction as mw3 didnt have the 3 tks and kick code in it.

if ghosts shipped with ricochet i honestly wouldnt buy it

emperior09

It feels more hardcore without ricochet. I think FF is part of hardcore and you have to deal with it. 3 team kills is kicking. If you are host you get kicked and host changes. Or maybe only the host has the ricochet.

scotland-rules

It does but I am getting more sick and tired of my team running in front of me when I'm using an LMG for a distance and me killing them because they are stupid enough to walk in front of me. Sometimes I can stop firing but usually its too late because they've ran randomly out.

Also I'm sick of running around a corner and my teammate having a happy trigger fingers and boom I'm killed.

I'm also sick and tired of being killed for my care package.

MW3 did not "put in in there" as a method because we didn't have 3 to kick rule. Its because the 3 to kick rule proved ineffective as that's what they had for HC before they put ricochet in.

Also for HC S&D I feel its near essential for ricochet to exist due to the limited number of lives you have.

maccabi

scotland-rules wrote:

MW3 did not "put in in there" as a method because we didn't have 3 to kick rule. Its because the 3 to kick rule proved ineffective as that's what they had for HC before they put ricochet in.

uh uh

trust me on this i know ALOT about hc and mw3

scotland-rules

MW3 didn't have a kick to kill limit upon launch, that my mistake. They tried a time method of punishment alongside a system of "Was it a mistake or not" If the first few bullets didn't hit a teammate but the rest did the game would decide if it was accidental or not and most likely rule it as accidental.

This was to prevent punishing those teammates who charged in infront of your gun fire when you were killing an enemy. However this method soon became clear that it wouldn't work.

Well what could they do?

They put ricochet mode in because you can't do anything else. If a time limit is proved ineffective then you have two options Ricochet and 3 to kick, 3 to kick has always been a trayarch thing and honestly, has proved to be very ineffective as the host will not be kicked and sometimes you're unlucky and your team gets you kicked especially with the current "I'll shoot his explosives" tactic favored by many.

MW3 put Ricochet on and its saved me from being killed and only gotten me killed occasionally but I'd rather take this method than anything else.

TL_Bare_B_V2

Can we just pretend Richochet never existed and put it in a box with last stand?

RallyOrDie

No ricochet.  Just have a better kick system where you can vote to kick him out of the game.

emperior09

MW2 did HC perfectly.

There still was hungry teammates who ruined your streak, or the ones who beat you up before stealing your care package.

You don't want your CP to be stealed? Don't use it on HC

scotland-rules

Well true,

I do feel that MW2 did Hardcore the best maybe next to Ricochet mode as it did punish the guy by basically making him wait in the game rather than kill to be kicked.

3 to kick is a horrible system because people when loosing kill three teammates just to be kicked whereas MW2 made them suffer in the same lobby so more often people would just leave.

It also meant you didn't have this horrible system of where the host wasn't kicked or punished.

HarcoreGamertag

i totally agree we need need it back

LifeSong1

I posted this in another suggestion forum:

Please do NOT bring back ricochet.  Nothings worse than having a good streak only to have a teammate step on front of you. Why can't the 3rd person to be killed by the same team killer have the option to "forgive" or "kick" the player? Halo 3 had this, why hasn't COD ever implemented it? Getting kicked due to accidental kills and glitches in the game (names don't show up) should not result in me getting kicked.

Glitches in the game I am referring to are nametags not showing up. You don't show us the radar with friendlies on it and thus when someone runs in front of you we assume it is an enemy if their name doesn't show up.  This happened to me 3 times in one game and I had no clue I was team killing until I got kicked.

larryc23

The problem with BO2 and its kick system is that I've had my own teammates purposely lay down beside a bouncing betty, aim right at it, shoot it (thus killing themselves) and yet I get the 'strike'.  Ricochet would prevent stupidity like that from existing or at least ensure the right person was kicked, if any.  I'd much prefer Ricochet than the BO2 system any day. 

maccabi

larryc23 wrote:

The problem with BO2 and its kick system is that I've had my own teammates purposely lay down beside a bouncing betty, aim right at it, shoot it (thus killing themselves) and yet I get the 'strike'.  Ricochet would prevent stupidity like that from existing or at least ensure the right person was kicked, if any.  I'd much prefer Ricochet than the BO2 system any day.

this is a non argument you can EXACTLY the same thing in ricochet and its more annoying to you as you'd be happily running along and then boom you drop down dead as some idiot stood over a claymore and shot it

scotland-rules

maccabi wrote:

larryc23 wrote:

this is a non argument you can EXACTLY the same thing in ricochet and its more annoying to you as you'd be happily running along and then boom you drop down dead as some idiot stood over a claymore and shot it

In MW3 if a team-mate shot your equipment you wouldn't die, they would. So you can't do the exact same thing on ricochet mode.

Submit2MyWill

I despise ricochet.

trialstardragon

How did I ever miss this one..

Riochet.. is not hc ever.. it is baby core where players don't have to care what they do because they wont be kicked.

scotland-rules

trialstardragon wrote:

How did I ever miss this one..

Riochet.. is not hc ever.. it is baby core where players don't have to care what they do because they wont be kicked.

Yes I agree with you and the reason you probably missed this one was because it was only recently bumped.

However, one thing I noticed is players don't have respect for other players. In BO2 one of the common themes would be "I'm running in front of someone and an enemy pops out and my team-mate shoots me to get the kill when I was clearly dealing with the enemy" So perhaps I've killed the guy but because the guy behind me is careless, he shoots me and I die.

Another popular one is "Friendly predator missile inbound" and I'm near the enemy and because the predator is coming down it kills me.

It works both ways....I'd rather die when its my fault rather than have a team-mate suffer.

Submit2MyWill

I'm wondering if they could do the standard '3 TK's and you're out' and combine it with something else to disincentivize people from TKing. Like maybe changing it so that every time you TK, you lose 3 kills from your stats? Lose 500 points instead of 100?

I dunno, but there has to be something that encourages players to have good trigger control, but is not so devastating as to ruin the experience.

scotland-rules

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I'm wondering if they could do the standard '3 TK's and you're out' and combine it with something else to disincentivize people from TKing. Like maybe changing it so that every time you TK, you lose 3 kills from your stats? Lose 500 points instead of 100?

I dunno, but there has to be something that encourages players to have good trigger control, but is not so devastating as to ruin the experience.

I agree,

However we  don't have anything like that so that's why I'd prefer this than 3 to kick.

Submit2MyWill

scotland-rules wrote:

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I agree,

However we  don't have anything like that so that's why I'd prefer this than 3 to kick.

I get where you're coming from, but when I play HC:SnD (or now HC:SnR!!! ), I like the added realism of you killing your teammate on accident hurts the whole team. It sharpens my skills and makes me play more realistically because it bothers me more to TK than kill myself.

scotland-rules

Submit2MyWill wrote:

scotland-rules wrote:

Submit2MyWill wrote:

I agree,

I get where you're coming from, but when I play HC:SnD (or now HC:SnR!!! ), I like the added realism of you killing your teammate on accident hurts the whole team. It sharpens my skills and makes me play more realistically because it bothers me more to TK than kill myself.

See that's the one I think is needed this the most. Imagine getting rocket killed at the start and you're the host.....you can't be kicked but for 4 rounds you can auto kill your team-mates.

ScavengerHunt

"Ricochet mode isn't perfect you can have trolls who trap you in the corner but these are easily dealt with and really only require a quick sacrifice of the ocasional death by you."

This Statement is what is killing Cod Ghost. Camping.

Campers need to understand that when your are playing team base games it only works if you're a team. I would much prefer a crappy player that is out there trying, rather then hiding in a corner on the edge of the map. At least their taking some heat off my back.

Hiding way back at the spawn location or in a corner of a building all match waiting for your 5 kills per match is not helping your team. If you want to camp play FFA.

Camping will never make you a better player. Blops2 proved that k/d doesn't mean anything, by offering players the opportunity to reset their stats. Watch some of the best players on MLG they don't care about K/D as long as they win.