38 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 4:26 PM by hyper72 RSS

Lag compensation

Sakuray

The lag compensation is very annoying in this game, it's hard to play well while it acts it need for a correction, no?

• Re: Lag compensation
    YourAverageRusher675

It is

hyper72

Still not fixed after 10+ updates getting very annoying to the point its stopped me buying the new DLC maps would love to play them but its pointless until a change is made to the game.....

Kothar44

Couldn't have said it better myself Hyper72.  I have not bothered to pick up either DLC while the latency issues persist.  I will also not be buying future Treyarch titles until I see forum posts letting me know the issue is finally addressed.  At this point I seriously doubt I will be owning blops 3.

xtlc2003

Oh like IW is lag free. Heck it's their engine not Treyarchs. Ghost will be more of the same bs, and the title after that the same since 3arc is forced to use IW engines

Abbot_Tier

If Ghost is completly downloadable with no disk, (some indication this may be the case) I see all kinds of problems with Lag in the first 3 months of the game.  Assuming the servers the game orginiates/downloads on is the same that downloads the game when purchased...

ghamorra

Theres nothing wrong with lag compensation. The problem is lag

hyper72

Yeah there nothing wrong with lag compensation as long as it is correctly set and its way off the mark sadly

ghamorra

Lag compensation works until lag reaches pings that are "unfixable". So the real problem is lag. If lag wasn't hitting such high pings lag comp could work smoothly. When lag is being blamed on lag comp it's easy to forget the intitial problem

Kothar44

some rooms I have bad latency (lag) others, like when I pull host, i get bad lag compensation.  I think the host lag comp is worse than the latency I get when playing with friends across the country.  Too bad there is no way to "lock in" those time where the lag gods ae working my way and I have a day and a half to shoot everyone I encounter before they react.

ChestSplittah

Matchmaking, and other forms of pathetic programming is the problem.

killerturnerstoner

been having bad lag all weekend....as for them fixing the real problems with the game...they don't care or its to hard and they don't want to do it.so they do easy stuff so they can say there trying.I mean they think people are gomg to buy the next cod and there rigt but not as many at least i hope not.

Eye_Gore

Lag has and will always exist. Anything that needs to be transmitted throught various connections, switches, servers, heck even the TV itself has lag. It cannot be compensated for at 100% effectivity, way too many variables. The systems cannot compensate for everything quickly enough with all that data its trying to process.

Even the fastest known thing to man,light, has lag, nothing is instant. You can't even blink an eye at 0ms. impossible. When they try to compensate for what you see, and pull the trigger against a moving target halfway around the world, isn't as easy as one suspects. Too many connections to go through,  and try to compensate for it. Yeah right, way too much room for error

Picture it, you see someone, you point and shoot, if that person is moving those ms it takes add up. The system trys to compensate and put that person back in the position as to when you fired your weapon, only this has to happen more quickly than you can blink your eye. There will be error. Digital logic is not perfect, in  theory maybe, but not in reality. Hang ups, stuck gates and buffers, too many ms and processes to offer a complete 100% compensation.

My advice, like any other, deal with it. Or move on, its here to stay, will never go away.

Webmaster4531

The problem isn't lag or lag compensation. The problem is poor netcode, physics based on frames, and poor matchmaking.

ImTheCaTaLysT-

Its not lag comp thats the problem. People with crappy internet are coming onto the server and expecting to get a 4 bar, meanwhile lag compensation screws us players with good internet over. I would rather have the game put people with crappy internet into a lag-fest lobby like MW2 and have people with good internet (the majority) play lag-free. Problem with BO2 is that the search criteria for hosting and joining lobbies doesn't restrict as much based on ping (just go into a MW3 or MW2 match and look above the matchmaking as you join a match to test it out) So a person with a 198 ping can join a 50 ping lobby, screwing up the lag compensation system and ruining the game for everybody.

hyper72

There should be lobby's where anyone  50ping and under can play and you get booted if you are over.... Im sick of babying these players with poor connections ruining the game for others with premium connections.

hyper72

Very interesting video... Said it all along its only treyarch can fix this problem....But sadly even with the community banging on about these obvious blatant in your face problems treyarch still don't address these problems.......

Terible_b

Read this, Assign a ip addres to the PS3 and then port forward to bypass the routers firewall and allways use wired connection. The faster the internet connection the better, DSL wont cut it. My cable when tested at speedtest.net is 30Mbps/ 4.5

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Lag-Occurs-in-Multiplayer-Game

Really?? Disable my firewall and security features on my router, that sounds like a terrible idea.There are some who have issues with router settings im not disagreeing with you on that but the advice that page you posted gives is garbage.Treyarch needs to fix this game its not everyones intenet settings or connections like you and many others will say, the game itself is broken.Watch the video in the post above it explains how shooting games work on the internet and why black ops 2 does not work well on the internet.

Terible_b

You don't need to disable your firewall, just port forward. It makes a difference.

OK, I tried wireless and lag is bad, wirred game is better and with port forwarding it's the best you can get. That is what the feature in your router is for, interrupted steaming between your device and a specific server. My Dlink 857 sometimes changes my ip address for my PS3 if the power is uninterrupted so I reserve a ip address and then port forward and let my firewall on

Terible_b

Sorry but I'm having trouble with this forum, missing words and letters also have to click on add reply twice and leave the page. Woking on it now. Maybe compatability view will work

kellysa111

they 'improved who can be host' with this last patch... i started getting into lobbies where, the games wouldnt have even started and there is a host migration.

i7vsa7vi7y

It's sad to say but the game won't be fixed until we speak their language (money). Either we stop buying COD and they decide to improve it or aother game such as BF4 provides a much better experience and people transfer over.

I'm not excited for ghost. Sure the graphics and features are awsome but you can only put so much makeup on an ugly girl. I much rather have a well performing game than a game with pretty colors. These guys make millions in the first week of release but I guess that is not enough for dedicated servers, or a new engine. It makes me sick how much they don't give two ***** about the fans. All I can say is I'm enjoying COD while it lasts because the lifeline doesn't look to good in the future especially with next gen consoles.

dawnfool_on-site

U ****ing right I'm thinking the same thing. Xbox is calling my name....

hyper72

Yeah m8 has same **** on xbox..... Treyarch only ones that can sort this crap. Will they wont they dont hold your breath.

xtlc2003

Look I'm not trying to be a 3arc fanboy here, even though I kind of am, blame it on Zombies but is it really 3arc who's at the core of the problem. Look I'm new to CoD, started in Black Ops but from what I read "lag" as a major issue has gotten increasingly worse every IW game since MW2. Everyone says CoD4 and W@W ran fine. The 1st lag issues really became apparent in MW2, Black Ops also had it but not to an extent worse tha  MW2. People cried havoc on MW3s issues and now it looks like BO2 has the same issues MW3 had....

Again I'm not trying to be a fan boy but it seems like IW is Activisions's lead developer and 3arc is sort of running 2nd fiddlem, using the tool IW passes down to them and modifying them the best they can.

Truecut

Many friends of mine have abandoned the game due to bad lag compensation. Many times one has a hitmark but dont kill. Other big problem is related to not owning permanent unlock after prestiging. It happened to me 2 times until now.

hyper72

Yeah the other cod games had problems but you got a pretty good game after a few updates.... But blacks ops 2 well well how any updates & hot fixes and still total frustrating game play 6 months of bull **** and no fix in site.