12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 5:32 AM by MrNoNam3 RSS

102 I to 21 B

trialstardragon

So several people here probably know how I think that LP is not really that much harder or skillful or competitive then normal or hc games. I went from 102 in iron to 21 in Bronze in about 10-20 games on Champions LP. I managed to eek out a meager 7 wins so far; but that is beside the point. If it was as competitive as people claim that should not have happened so easily. I have several games in my recent games where one team or the other completely dominated the other team with a score spread of more than 40 points. And several where the spread was over 80 points in difference. If the LP games are suposed to be so much more competitive or closer, or require greater team effort than how are these games happening? Had a LP CTF game go 19-2 becasue everyone on the other team left but 1.. Have seen SnD matches where the winning side won by a landslide 6-2..against full team. Played against a team of golds and masters with a team of irons and masters and we beat the other team. I though that gold meant they should have been better? A mixed team like that should not have beaten a susposedd better team because they were higher ranked.

So in reality playing LP is no different than core, it takes no greater skill to play, no extra effort or communication. No higher level of thinking or tactics to play as some like to claim it does. Did not even matter about the banned items either, for I barely ever use those to begin with. So removing them did not make the game more competitive or balanced or fair or anything of the like.

I did not change anything in how I played, it required no more team communication or teamwork to do that either. I didnt even use my headset or mic at all during any of that. Most of my matches I went positive on k/dr too.. when in core somtimes it is hard to do that because the teams are harder to beat at times. In all of those matches, there was maybe 2 that would be considered close or competitive where the spread was maybe less than 20 points for the win or loss. Even then 20 points is still a pretty big gap in a game mode that says its meant to be competitive and the games closer in scores.

Then again I was using a Evo.. and 4 perks, two attachments, 1 lethal 1 tactical.

LP is more competitive? Not really...

• Re: 102 I to 21 B
    starbuckfrack

trialstardragon wrote:

LP is more competitive? Not really...

You could have saved the trouble of typing that wall. That sentence right there would have been enough

owiseguyo

Lol, get into masters division and the. Let me know if you feel the same way. Right now as a bronze, you are playing very very weak players. Once you get to platinum and masters, everyone has pretty fast reflexes and high gun skill/ accuracy. Well I shouldn't say everyone but most players. Also you will have to deal with scuf controller users and players who know how to control the spawns.

trialstardragon

LOL.. Plats... they are no better then Golds which are no better than Silvers.. In the first 3 seasons I could easily get in to Gold or higher.. First two seasons I was in Platinum and then Gold only because I did not play it every day because there was no real reason too.

So no Plats are not better or harder players to play against, just like Prestige Masters are not better players either. The rank really means nothing at all.

"It means nothing."  Is this just one of your echo chambers that you started?  "No player is better than another player.  Every player can beat every other player.  .8K/D players are just as good as Pro players."

owiseguyo

I will agree that plats are mostly weak but some are very good. But like I said, play some masters. Say after playing 10 full teams of masters, let me know if you think league still isn't competitive enough for you. My first season I wAs placed in platinum and 15 games later I was a master. So league has always been very competitive and challenging for me. Seems like you have yet to experience playing masters regularly so you have no grounds to mAke assumptions here. Like I said, any rank lower then Platinum brings very easy games your way. There is barely any competition below platinum rank especially if you are pretty skilled at COD.

anahum

You are ignorant OP, allow me to educate you.

League play utilizes trueskill moreso than standard core, it is inherently more competitive.  Secondly, trueskill takes time to correcty pinpoint and is a process which really isn't settled until a minimum of 25 games.

Lastly, it si evident your rank does not yet reflect your skill, give it time and your games will be closer.

trialstardragon

You are the ignorant fool if you think TS really works and cannot be manipulated. And it is not inherently more competitive because of this. Even in Halo 3 this was evident by those that boosted or bought and sold 50's. TS is a flawed system at best it never can accurately portray a perosn and their actual skill at playing the game. So anyone that tries to claim becuase of it the game is harder or takes more skill on average is lieing to themself and to others.

I have played other games that used TS as well and this was always the case within them as well. TS is not flawless or accurate by any means.

When teh game first came out I always was in either in Gold or Platinum and even then the games were no harder than now. So no it is not inherently more competitive, it does not require greate skill, team work or effort or communication. Not once during any my matches did I once need to communicate or work with my team of randoms to achieve what we did. I played exactly the same as I have in Core and HC. so no it is not a better game type at all like some like to claim.

Ya people bought and sold 50s on Halo 3, so what.  It doesn't make the system flawed.  You act like boosting isn't happening in COD already.  In Halo you still had to win the game to boost, but in COD you just need to morons with TI.

A progression ranking system is getting old, and many people can agree with me on this.  A True Skill ranking system is something fresh to the COD series and many of the people that have played COD for years would be willing to try something new.

I don't think you actually know what the word competitive actually means.  More competitive means for closer matches.  Just because you aren't experiencing them doesn't mean others are not either.  I have had many more close games in LP than in Publics and I have only played about 500 LP games verse the 2500 Public games.  LP is a more competitive environment based around winning rather than just goofing off and screwing around like in Publics.  LP has a different level of seriousness to some players and they try the best they can against equal to better players.  In LP games don't come easy when playing in a game with all Master, you actually have to work for your win and even then you could lose by 10 points verse Publics where you could just solo the whole game and go 100+ without even trying.

In the end it wouldn't hurt this CODG to implement a TrueSkill Ranking System in to some playlists while other were unranked.  Halo 3 did a good job at seperating the 2.  The people that wanted to try to achieve a 50 rank could, while the casual players could play their Social playlists(basically what COD multiplayer is anyways).

Platinum and Masters are very competitive.  Playing against Bronze and Silvers is nothing to me.  I have much closer games when playing against Platinum and Masters than I do playing against Bronze and Silvers.  Not to mention that most of the people at that low are bad at the game so I would expect someone that has put many, many years into COD to do somewhat well against them.

I played about 5 good seasons of LP and after my 5 placement matches even if I loose 2-4 of them, I am very likely to be ranked into Platinum or Masters.  But to get these ranks, I am mostly playing against between Golds and Masters the whole time.  Some games are shutouts and others are close.

The difference between Publics and LP is that there are going to be a lot more competitive/close games in LP while in Publics you are more likely to find easy lobbies filled with noobs. 

League play can be very competitive, you just have to be high enough ranked to play good people. The skill level of the different divisions are generally as follows; iron = bad player, wouldn't be able to hold a 1 kd in a normal pub match, bronze and silver = normal public match player, gold = decent public match player through pub stomper, platinum = pub stomper through entry level competitive player, master = veteran competitve player through pro status. Of course, there are always exceptions. Sometimes people just get lucky and get placed highly or cheats and ddos' everyone, but generally the ranks are fairly accurate.