1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 11:44 AM by Sun627girl Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    Gunzby

The spawns have gotten worse with every time they tweak it. Right now I'm actually having the most fun on the big maps Carrier, Cargo and Turbine. Less spawn camping and less revenge spawns mean more actual play to get a legit kill. Sorry, but spawn trapping/camping isn't legit.

• 41. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    Gunzby

On another note I hate playing Nuketown and I'm not fond of Hijacked anymore either.

• 42. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    BAREWarrior

Ok, not to sound like a N00B but thanks for the explination lol

• 43. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    deamonomic

BAREWarrior wrote:

So you can CAMP the spawn and when they spawn i guess what 3 second rule? Lol. But if you stay far enough back and kill them once they spawn that's illegal? I know tossing down a TI in a spawn is cheap. But in DOM your advised to throw down a TI to capture the enemy flag.....So let me get this right, Deliberatly spawn killing is wrong, but camping out that said spawn and killing them a moment or two after they spawn is fine? Difference being?

the difference is the ability to organize a response VS not being able to do anything other then die. if we are outside the spawn area looking in then you have plenty of time to spawn, orient yourself, and counter attack. really you should be ready to counter attack before you spawn but that doesnt always happen. spawn trappers like their head glitches. which makes them predictable and able to be countered.

if they are spawn killing on the other hand you dont get that chance as you are dead moments after spawning. suffice to say if its only spawn camping its not a bad thing. if its spawn killing then yea. that player should back off. you dont always get that chance though. like I will be annoyed as hell if I have to let you ruin my Kill streak simply because you spawned. sorry your going to die.

• 44. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    deamonomic

Brutalkillshots wrote:

Sorry but YOUR WRONG and if I remember correctly you tried to defend this type of cheating before in other threads sorry but cheating is cheating and there s NO skill at all in setting up these traps ! Hence why its called cheating ;) No idea how someone ADSing at a spawn point and getting 300 odd kills a game would think this is a legit form of play ??? Lol cheats crack me up !

actually a trap is set up using the coordination of a team to supress enemy movements. you know what your right no skill at all.

I dont like spawn camps as they are boring. but they are def not cheating. spawn Killing is cheating. but traping? hell no.  Any player who wants to claim they are decent should be able to get out of a spawn trap.

• 45. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    vims1990

NoLifeKing29 wrote:

There is a clear difference between deliberate spawn killing and spawn trapping, best illustrated in a video. One is bannable, the other is not.  Spawn camping is a term best ignored, as its just something the people on the receiving end like to complain about. Getting into the enemy's spawn and killing a few guys before getting killed yourself is a common occurence and is in no way spawn killing.

I was about to explain this but this post pretty much sums up the difference between "spawn killing" and "spawn trapping."

@OP

The real problem with spawns is the map size.

There is NO possible way to implement a perfect spawn algorithm on a map like Nuketown, Studio or Hijacked. Small maps means limited spawn placements and more chances of being spawn trapped easily or spawn killed. It is difficult to break out of a spawn trap playing solo compared to playing with friends.

Another issue is the game mode. Demolition is widely criticized of being "spawn killing" friendly because spawns are fixed compared to other game modes. There's no way around fixing it unless the devs remove maps like Nuketown, Hijacked etc from the demolition playlist.

With each recent COD title, maps have been getting smaller because the community seem to favour small and chaotic maps leading to spawn problems.

Personally, I don't like small maps and would rather have a balance of small, medium and large sized maps in the game.

• 46. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    ultimateme

Hahahahah........ That is too funny, it's not spawn camping its locking down the spawns. Dude, your name is cod champ, and you are saying you are a hardcore spawn camper. This is exactly what this forum post is about.

• 47. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    Noob_Lyncher

The spawns are kinda suck, but you just have to not suck and get used to them. Whenever I join Nuketown in progress, it's not hard for me to break out of the spawn trap. You know why? Because I don't rush out there, guns blazing like some retarded chicken. I pick my chances to kill someone and sneak around so that by the time i'm up in their spawn, my team has a good chance to move out of our spawn (unless they're just sniping idiots).

• 48. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    TheSurgeon83

It doesn't matter where you are people are spawning near you. I ended up killing the same player 6 times on the trot earlier just running around the edge if the map, it just kept spawning him in my path. I kinda felt bad but it's the devs fault, not mine. It's hard to camp a spawn when they're so random.

I'm speaking from a TDM point of view, don't play anything else nowadays.

I imagine there are a lot of players who play objective game modes to get a high K/D, that's why the only K/D that I care about is TDM and maybe KC where kills mean something.

• 49. Re: Spawn camping and how it has affected the community. (Heads up, it's no good)
    McGruunty

Spawns might suck, but what would you rather us do in the interim? Let people come out of their spawns...just to shoot them from some other cover? It's all the same difference: good players will dominate bad ones. Players with a connection advantage will dominate players that don't.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next