19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2013 8:48 AM by Alky6 RSS

I've lost all hope in Treyarch

Kingfury

I was hyped up for Black Ops 2, I hated Modern Warfare 3, absolutely loved Black Ops. So my reasoning being, Treyarch made Black Ops so amazing, why lower expectations for Black Ops 2? Well, I should have, this game has failed to impress me at any aspect. The only real "improvement" is zombies, and TranZit was a colossal failure in my opinion, so far the only "good" zombies map is Mob of the Dead. For someone who played mainly solo in every CoD, Black Ops 2 is unbearable, I can't play without having atleast 1 freind with me. As for weapon balancing, let's not even start there. You get Target Finder LMGs half way across the map, somehow it seems like the Target Finder REDUCES recoil. Treyarch took every thing good about Black Ops 1 and said "'To hell with it, unbalance the **** out of it" as much rage as this game brings me, when I play in a full part, I actually have fun. But it's rare that I get a full party. Treyarch, fix your god damn game, hit detection that felt like the bullets impacted would be lovely.

/Rant

• Re: I've lost all hope in Treyarch
    Im_not_BukLau

I loved Black Ops 1 so I was really pumped for Black Ops 2. The 2 or 3 months of this game were fine and then people figured out they could just headglitch with TF LMGs and then there are the pistols and shotguns which aren't too big of a deal but just make the game more frustrating then it needs to be and then the game started getting infested with snipers. The maps are terrible as well.

Else_Andrew

I agree, BO1 is a great game - I really don't know what happened in BO2 but it really isn't a great game., sequels always suck? (MW2 being the exception).

With Ghosts being an all new franchise and branching it's self away from the MW series who knows, it could be decent? I'm hoping so, they was promoting the "back to basics" at the start when they first starting building hype, so I'm hoping to see some big maps, long lines or sight and use of all weapons on different maps and different situations. I'm sick to death of the maps on BO2, they pretty much designed one side, flipped it around, added some cars in so it looks a little different - much like a yo-yo it's up and down... I miss when you could climb into buildings and they jump across 3 houses and then climb in another building. This is what I'm hoping for anyways!

dead4ever_uk

forget ghosts it wont be any different because people have requested deadicated servers and such and they have turned a blind eye to it what makes you think ghosts will be any different when gamers requested this during bops 1 and 2 and mw. it wont change not now not ever its going to be same crappy multiplayer as always full of hackers glitchers cheaters boosters annoying weapons that people complain is to overpowered or perks and scorestreaks that are so annoying.

Erijian_Aruseus

Here's a  tip for thought, the Target Finder DOES NOT reduce recoil. On the guns you'd claim it to do so on, those guns have what is called VISUAL RECOIL. It does not affect the recoil in any way, it's intended for just trying to balance some things out (and minor realism I'd guess). The Target Finder removes the iron sights and acts similar to a Thermal Scope in my opinion, removing any visual recoil a gun actually has. If you used the LSW in Modern Warfare 3 with the Thermal Sight, you'd understand this massively. If you hate Target Finder LMG users, just get killed by them once then just flank them..Or you could use Cold Blooded. Most of the Target Finder kills you would've been able to see anyway, it's just a nice sight for some people.

Also, your opinion is invalid on whether it's a good map or not.

EvoSBA

after w@w then bops 1 , i was expecting a good game ,but of course this game is not good at all ,on par with mw3 for being the worst cod ever made , i dont have high hopes for ghosts ,im thinking of leaving it and just going with battlefield 4

hyper72

1. Black ops 1

2. Mw3

3. Mw2

4. Wow

589. Black flops 2

Hard to believe the same team that made a classic like black ops 1 have completely destroyed there reputation with this excuse of a game..... Hang your heads in shame treyarch....

Hells_Hawk

You had hope for 3arch in the first place?

Now that is a suprise.

Alky6

They seem to be totally catering to the 12 year olds. This whole camo thing has gone beyond stupid.

sennalike

Dedicated servers? Someone above said they should be able to afford it having 'made $1bn'. Look at their accounts and you will see how they don't make anywhere near enough to run dedicated servers without dramatically changing the way the game is currently set up.

Target finders is no different to the other gimmicks in the game, like scorestreaks. They are there to attract the casual gamer. IW brought in the large number of kill streaks, and ridiculous nuclear, and all the kids loved it. They will continue adding gimmicks to keep the children happy.

Hit detection is easy to solve, play hardcore.  It is extremely rare to have hit detection issues in hardcore.  Comparisons with previous CoD is unrealistic. Each CoD is meant to be different, and holding expectations based on previous games is pointless. Bottom line is it will only continue to get worse, so if you don't like it, do what I have done. Cut down your time playing, and get another game to turn to when CoD gets too frustrating.

Izjar11

Kingfury wrote:

I was hyped up for Black Ops 2, I hated Modern Warfare 3, absolutely loved Black Ops. So my reasoning being, Treyarch made Black Ops so amazing, why lower expectations for Black Ops 2? Well, I should have, this game has failed to impress me at any aspect. The only real "improvement" is zombies, and TranZit was a colossal failure in my opinion, so far the only "good" zombies map is Mob of the Dead. For someone who played mainly solo in every CoD, Black Ops 2 is unbearable, I can't play without having atleast 1 freind with me. As for weapon balancing, let's not even start there. You get Target Finder LMGs half way across the map, somehow it seems like the Target Finder REDUCES recoil. Treyarch took every thing good about Black Ops 1 and said "'To hell with it, unbalance the **** out of it" as much rage as this game brings me, when I play in a full part, I actually have fun. But it's rare that I get a full party. Treyarch, fix your god damn game, hit detection that felt like the bullets impacted would be lovely.

/Rant

if the game doesnt meet expectations than do not play the game anymore.

hyper72

The game it self running great very little lag but the hit detection hit marking is totally out of sync...Im sick of the fire first die first crap and nothing has been adjusted to make it fair.... Mw3 and blops 1 are fine but on this junk its a few seconds behind the action to the point its embarrassing to watch... Shame. 

Alky6

hyper72 wrote:

Im sick of the fire first die first crap and nothing has been adjusted to make it fair....

I'm pretty sure that's how it works in real life too, shoot first, the other guy dies. If you have more lag than him, then you will die.