23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 11:46 PM by TRU11 RSS

Booster Have Taken Over

Crow1877

I am so fed up with the Boosters in Black Ops 2. Can't play one round of Hardcore Domination without. Been reporting these people since day one and STILL seeing the same people boosting over and over. The reporting system is junk, they suspend a person for backing out of games but let boosters run free!! Will never buy a COD ever again unless the remove the *** tac insert.

• Re: Booster Have Taken Over
    mlklinga

I'd prefer a system such as this:

Player A reports Player "B" ("B" stands for booster since this is a family friendly environment although i can think of other words that apply), as i was saying Player A reports Player B - In Game Algorithim kicks in. 

Algorithim runs something to this effect:

Search Player B kills - cross reference killed players

Any players killed use tac insert, die, tac insert, etc... greater than 5 times

Result - Apply new title to players user name: [CLAN] Player B BOOSTER

-System automatically sends message to player that game "X" resulted in booster status.  If player feels status is wrongly given player can send support the game in question and support can review content and remove title if applicable.  If support deems player B was boosting they perform immediate reset, and in an ideal world - ban them for life.

This would make the process system driven; allow other players to repeal if wrongly accused and prosocute those sons of b's on spot!    

graphitetek

It really does seem to be a very easy bit of coding to add in, probably no more difficult than the team kill tracking already implemented in HC. In fact, I'd be happy if the the game mechanics just kicked these goofs after the requisite amount of cycles...and an automatically retained clip was forwarded to support for a timely review and reset, if required.

sennalike

Yep, I'm fed up of moaning about boosters. I have cut down my time on the game to the extent where I might as well just stop playing. Again I play HC Dom and that seems to be their favourite playground.

JI_AfroThunder

It will never stop until they take out the tac insert, I dont get why the TI was introduced into COD, now it isn't the most realistic game with all the BS that occurs but talk about being unrealistic. Why implement a shiny magic stick that is only used for boosting into the game??

Crow1877

Right, Not to mention the Tac insert sucks cause then all they do also is Spawn Camp. It's really bad on Nuketown 2025 with the spawn camping, can't even spawn without being killed.

eleven1181

I don't play hardcore much but had a few games yesterday and it was full of booster theses guys were so dumb, there were 3 of them all with the same clan tag. The 1 guy that was in our team kept getting like 10 deaths backing out then joining again so he had fresh stats so at the end of the game he wasn't like 0-100

geretalnettle

Yes tell me about it boosters are getting bad as campers.

I give you a challenge every booster you see and camper view their profile.

I have a game its called guess the French man when you see boosters and campers your chance of guessing correct is 95%

Izjar11

Crow1877 wrote:

I am so fed up with the Boosters in Black Ops 2. Can't play one round of Hardcore Domination without. Been reporting these people since day one and STILL seeing the same people boosting over and over. The reporting system is junk, they suspend a person for backing out of games but let boosters run free!! Will never buy a COD ever again unless the remove the *** tac insert.

Yes they are everywhere, yes it takes time to get them banned. You can't seriously be that upset over idiots who cheat? Take it easy.

MrZombieClowns

Am I the only one who enjoys finding boosters and stopping them?

It's too easy to look at the mini-map and spot boosting. Most Boosters I've been around lately have either quit or gotten kicked from the game for team killing me.

sParkSnare

I thought I was the only one who enjoys messing with boosters.  One of my favorite matches in a long time was a few days ago on Frost.  The booster was on my team and I was able to find a good sight line and killed the player respawning with the tac insert 5 or 6 times before they figured out what was going on and quit.  It got even better when I received a nasty message about camping.  LMAO!

MrZombieClowns

I recommend killing the tac guy before he places another insert down, otherwise some might say you are boosting.

If you haven't already, I hope you find some boosting groups someday. Those are the most fun in my opinion. Occasionally the groups will have guards which make it more challenging.

trueblue1976

Just to put a different spin on this.  Some people use the tac insert legitimately so it would be wrong to punish them.

How about some coding in the game that either detects or will not allow a tac insert from opposing teams to be within a predetermined size area of each other.  There must be some kind of x and y grid within the game so they could easily set a restriction on when/where you are allowed to set a tac insert.  This would at least leave people far enough away from each other so that they cannot stand there getting the head shots off.

Even if it is a short distance, unless they are in open sight there would be enough obstacles in the way to prevent them hiding there little cheating.  This would allow those other players to continue with the legitimate use of the tac insert.

graphitetek

I have a film in my Theater of two split-screen boosters who already found a novel way to negate your suggestion.

It was on Hijacked and since they ended up on opposite teams, I watched, reported and saved their play.

The shooter made a beeline to the bedroom and set up his Claymores, while his booster bullet catcher buddy ran to the office balcony  across "B" and took up a TI supported position behind the wall on the hot tub side of the balcony. Shooter then proceeded to wallbang his way to "glory".

Boosters may be be lazy and self-entitled, but some are pretty creative. The shooter always looked legit if you happened by him and the catcher just looked like some noob balcony camper, riding his tac, if you gave him a quick glance as you cleared the balcony. Evil little geniuses,lol.

ihrvces

The game is garbage, to let this and prestige hackers have there way with it.

pr3stgs_anhilatr

There should be a filter program attached to the multi-player game killfeed to weed out the boosters.

For the boosters using splitscreen:

1) If gamertag1 player killed the gamertag2 a number of times within close time frame, they should be kicked out of the game.

2) Splitscreen players should not be allowed to use Tac. Ins.

3) Splitscreen players should not be allowed to play opposite each other.

For the player with different gamertag:

1) If a player killed another player 3 times within close time frame and the victim uses Tac. Ins. before getting killed they should be kicked-out.

2) A player who leaves a lobby should not be allowed to go back to the same lobby on the opposing side. These players tend to play within a party and leave a few seconds after the game starts and get back in the lobby using the friend but on the opposing side.

LT--SHiNySiDeZ87

Ok so example:  My team spawn traps you on Nuketown you are using tac inserts inside A building I kill you.  You spawn on tac drop another one I kill you again, you drop another on I call in my chopper kill you again with the chopper.  Now I get kicked because the game thinks I am boosting off of you.  Your solution makes no sense.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

While your scenario is possible, I'd say if it happens 4 or more times, it becomes extremely suspicious and extremely unlikely that it's not boosting.  A legit TS user will smarten up after 2 kills, most after 1. 

That said, although I don't like the TS, they shouldn't take it out just because a-holes found a way to abuse it. 

Reload_54

What really irritates me is that call of duty on HC allows team mates to kill your equipment like sentry guns, guardians, claymores, trophy systems, but you can't destroy a boosters tac insert if you are on their team?