12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 9:03 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Recent complaints about the weapon patch

trialstardragon

To everyone complaing or expressing dissent or anger or frustration over the recent weapon patch saying it ruined the snipers I really have to wonder just how terrible you must be at using a sniper. The reason why is I just played 6 games on core ground war and at least 85% of both teams were nothing but snipers using the DSR and Ballista, with a few using the xpr and most of them were QS as if there was no tomorrow and not having a problem at all landing hits or getting kills. And I even changed lobbies several times to try and get away from all the QSers. But yet each lobby was more of the same and none of them seemed to have any problem continueing to QS at all.

So if anyone is really haveing nearly as much problems as they claim in using them then they must really not be anything more than sub-average snipers. Even I was able to use them and mount up multiple kills with them with out any problems at all. So no the patch did not break the snipers, no it does not need to be reverted, No the snipers do not need to be made like they were before patch. If anything the patch seems to have done very little in how easy they are used at all by those that seem to actually be able to use them. The RoF did not seem to hamper any of the players that were using them at all.

So before you go and believe what some YT commentator says about how bad they are or jump on the bandwagon and just blindly agree with someone else claiming they were ruined, go try them for yourself and give yourself time to adapt to the change. It is so minor that anyone with any decent level of skill using a sniper will barely even notice it if at all.

• Re: Recent complaints about the weapon patch
    Darkdyllon

for some reason alot more people began using the balista instead of the DSR-50.

i welcome this since the balista is an hitmarker machine and it gives me more then enough time to reload double tab and kill em:D

i welcome this with a passion since most of my deaths comes from QS people that have a laser sight and just either QS me or no scopes me.

deamonomic

trialstardragon wrote:

To everyone complaing or expressing dissent or anger or frustration over the recent weapon patch saying it ruined the snipers I really have to wonder just how terrible you must be at using a sniper. The reason why is I just played 6 games on core ground war and at least 85% of both teams were nothing but snipers using the DSR and Ballista, with a few using the xpr and most of them were QS as if there was no tomorrow and not having a problem at all landing hits or getting kills. And I even changed lobbies several times to try and get away from all the QSers. But yet each lobby was more of the same and none of them seemed to have any problem continueing to QS at all.

So if anyone is really haveing nearly as much problems as they claim in using them then they must really not be anything more than sub-average snipers. Even I was able to use them and mount up multiple kills with them with out any problems at all. So no the patch did not break the snipers, no it does not need to be reverted, No the snipers do not need to be made like they were before patch. If anything the patch seems to have done very little in how easy they are used at all by those that seem to actually be able to use them. The RoF did not seem to hamper any of the players that were using them at all.

So before you go and believe what some YT commentator says about how bad they are or jump on the bandwagon and just blindly agree with someone else claiming they were ruined, go try them for yourself and give yourself time to adapt to the change. It is so minor that anyone with any decent level of skill using a sniper will barely even notice it if at all.

Ill admit I over reacted to the patch. while it is somewhat more annoying to sniper with the balista, its true, if you dont miss your shot it doesnt really matter. that being said, I seriously think everyone needs to stop harping on and on and on about the snipers. its been how many games that the community has done this? and every time its far worse then before for blaw blaw blaw reasons...

xCochox

Its because the DSR is so slow you cant get a quad feed with it. if you go 3423-1 or 1-3423 with a sniper that would change. This wasn't a

trialstardragon

So you cant get a quad with them anymore who cares. Only the yt wannbees seeking quads for their silly montagest that most players playing the game do not really give a damn about. It is not a big deal, they still work perfectly fine if you can aim at all with them. So complaing about how it ruined them is moot for they are not ruined at all.

Izjar11

trialstardragon wrote:

So if anyone is really haveing nearly as much problems as they claim in using them then they must really not be anything more than sub-average snipers.

This is what I take from these complaints as well, how bad of a player are you that these almost unnoticeable changes have "profoundly" affected their gaming? Its curious, as I read how one person described the slight AN damage reduction as him "not moving anymore" because he gets killed instantly.

It blows my mind that the child like attitude these so called players have developed, goes to show the developers are weeding out the weaker / feeble players.

belly120

ha ha the nail on the head, as usual the real issue is missed.  tiny reload and fire rate adjustments don't address MASSIVE SNIPER QUICK SCOPE ABUSE that generally makes this game look childish and pathetic.

the remmington gets no nerf yet is insane on almost any map with half a brain and a laser sight yet for some retarded reason the 94 cops a damage hit!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

tryarch are trolling the **** out of this gaming community its actually embarrassing... 

Izjar11

belly120 wrote:

the remmington gets no nerf yet is insane on almost any map with half a brain and a laser sight yet for some retarded reason the 94 cops a damage hit!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

tryarch are trolling the **** out of this gaming community its actually embarrassing... 

I do not understand the complaint on nerfing the Remington, how is it that a CQC weapon is considered 'insane" I get killed by them within a reasonable distance (even with long barrel) and I laugh at those who try to kill me from unreasonable distances? So how is it to you they need nerfing?

snorubit

I agree TSD. I don't snipe although I have tried QS based on a old posted vid here to get a better feel for this title's mechanics etc.

With all the recent banter and yesterday's patch I setup a QS class again for a round last night (one is all it took). Still fine; I went 18-2 with a Ballista using Laser and CPU.

If you run good routes, have good reaction time QS is still fine- why would you need a second shot unless facing multiples? Run routes that tend to preclude this or offer cover to strafe behind while chambering your next shot! I had a number of Double Kills although admittedly no Quad Feeds

Personally, I don't find it all that entertaining so it will never be a regular part of my play but the moaning is a bit much.

Bloody_Bup

lol i find it funny someone decieded the DSR fires too fast lol when both of the snipers are total garbage  "zombie wise" we have no true long distance areas and the fire rate and damage is terrible enough without a update...how bout a full auto sniper thats something too talk about

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

trialstardragon wrote:

I really have to wonder just how terrible you must be at using a sniper.

I think some have not even taken the time to play a couple of games before crying about the changes.  It's a knee jerk reaction:  "OMG they nerfed my fav QS weapon."  Ima complain and complain and wishfully think the update will be reversed.