1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2013 1:18 PM by ddan9459 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    Alky6

I was 41 in '88 

• 51. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    Foxhound-Pro

ghamorra wrote:

I think it should go a step further than COD4, I want slightly bigger teams 10v10. With slightly bigger maps.

The reason for bigger teams is because I feel one person can dominate a match too much. You get two of those caliber players and it actually becomes boring for the team they're on. With a slightly bigger player size the games can balance themselves out. With the maps being bigger (I mean bigger than COD4 maps) you can start engaging in standoff shootouts, I don't think this has ever happened before.

I find games where there's a stalemate in the middle of the map to be fun. You know that any slip up can be huge so you take extra time. The intensity in those situations is enough to drive you to an early grave but at the same time it's fun.

That to me is maturity, an immature player would not be able to communicate with 10 people on a map that big in a situation that intense.

I've been waiting for you to explain what your opinion of maturity is. Now that it's been stated, I'll have to just comment on this and say that nothing about this is mature. It's simply a different style of play.

Most of what is cited in this thread are real issues, but in reality aren't a matter of maturity on a grand scale. There's definitely a case-by-case situation where an individual needs to find if content appeals to them, but that's it.

All of this discussion is amazingly interesting to read. Sorry if I feel like a sick in the mud, but I just want to echo that most of this content isn't immature at all.

• 52. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    sennalike

gambit1969 wrote:

I was 19 in 88...

Same here, '69 was clearly a vintage year.

• 53. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    Dan313theman

I know I have a lot of work to do to learn when to keep my mouth shut and not make an a$$ of myself.  For the most part I just mute the other team so I can't hear them when they make any rude comments. 

Maybe we all need to be a bit more respectful when talking to other people in this forum and not telling them they are not good at this game if they compain a little bit.  Or when they have a really good idea to help all gamers in the COD community we should not be so quick to judge.

• 54. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

xtlc2003 wrote:

Neither extreme is bad in my oppinion if nutured through it. I am of the thought that vulgarities, acts of rudeness, and disrespect are unacceptable however the extreme violence of the game I can live with. I do however council my kids to relilities that it's ONLY a game and not to be taken seriously. These actions are meant to entertain only. The community however, they are real, not fake, and accepting certain behaviors, that is to me telling my kids that I accept that behavior as okay when I truly believe it's not.

All we have to do is remember back when we were kids.  Vulgarity, rudeness, violence were all over the media then too.  Nothing new now, just different mediums such as the internet and online video games.  Nothing any more than before.  The only difference is the internet has given some a means to broadcast their vices and thereby making it seem like it's occurring more than before. 

Misbehaving kids, unfortunately, are going to misbehave.  But I'm betting for every bad kid, there are 5 good ones.  I've seen (heard) young kids in public matches who were more mature than the adults.  Playing in a party of their own and playing good, speaking to each other like civilized human beings, and didn't rage when getting their asses handed to them. 

Mass shooting are extremely rare (thank goodness).  To say that violence in video games, for example, is the cause of the tragedies is unsophiscated thinking.  Like I mentioned in another post elsewhere, they were blaming Heavy Metal before video games.  Not even the experts can say definitively why it happens.  It's a combo of so many factors--upbringing, social environment, mental health, etc. 

• 55. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    xtlc2003

Haha thanks, you guys make me feel like a young buck again ,,,, well not that young. You guys are from G1 gaming then huh? Atari, etc? I was G3 I believe, the original 8bit nintendo at around 8yo. Both you guys are part of the original "G" huh (gamer)?

• 56. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    xtlc2003

Exactly. People complain about in-game maturity yet they come on these forums and become so hypocritical by being rude and immature to other forum posters. All in all we ALL need to be a little more understanding of each other.

• 57. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

sennalike wrote:

Not going to happen though, to much water under the bridge. I also suspect that CoD has now become such a well known brand that children will continue to buy it, or get their parents to buy it for them, and then if they don't like it will just troll instead of playing. I think a lot are probably doing this already. It also doesn't help with the 18-29 year olds who can also be immature.

Sadly, I agree.

Ain't gonna happen so long as sales stay atop.  And it will. 

I think it's great that we're all here talking about how to get things on a more mature level.  We can have at least the consolation that there are people who still care about being civilized. 

The only thing we can do is bring up our own children right and spend our money (or not spend) as a means to declare our dissatisfaction with the direction the game has gone. 

• 58. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    xtlc2003

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

All we have to do is remember back when we were kids.  Vulgarity, rudeness, violence were all over the media then too.  Nothing new now, just different mediums such as the internet and online video games.  Nothing any more than before.  The only difference is the internet has given some a means to broadcast their vices and thereby making it seem like it's occurring more than before. 

Misbehaving kids, unfortunately, are going to misbehave.  But I'm betting for every bad kid, there are 5 good ones.  I've seen (heard) young kids in public matches who were more mature than the adults.  Playing in a party of their own and playing good, speaking to each other like civilized human beings, and didn't rage when getting their asses handed to them. 

Mass shooting are extremely rare (thank goodness).  To say that violence in video games, for example, is the cause of the tragedies is unsophiscated thinking.  Like I mentioned in another post elsewhere, they were blaming Heavy Metal before video games.  Not even the experts can say definitively why it happens.  It's a combo of so many factors--upbringing, social environment, mental health, etc. 

I wish I could like your reply 100 times or more. You summed it up PERFECTLY. That why it perplexes me to hear people on these forums complain about kids, as if they weren't at one time. Kids are not ruining CoD, from what I've seen the percentage of rude obnoxious kids is no higher than rude obnoxious adults. Dare I say there may be more rude obnoxious and "immature" adults playing than kids which is sad because as you say, "they're kids" and to an extent should be a little more rough around the edges. They're kids, it's their time to learn rules and etiquette, not instinctively know them. If there's any group we should complain about it's the adults, we're old enough that we should know better and set the example.

• 59. Re: How can Call of Duty be more mature
    sennalike

I started with the first TV games machine, can't remember what it was called, all it had was bat and ball tennis. Then I got a zx81! Moved on to Atari, and the BBC computer. Happy days.

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next