9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 2:12 AM by trialstardragon RSS

X1+Skype splitscreen call+SnD=new way to boost/cheat

trialstardragon

As the title says I wonder if anyone has taken in to consideration with how the fact you can have a skype call going while playing a game will affect certain game modes like SnD where no party chat is allowed? Now a player can have an active Skype call going and if they die still talk to their teammates about what they see on the game. No party chat gamemodes will become filled with players doing this on consoles. It already can happen while on the pc and even on the console if someone brings a laptop or has a pc in the same room with the console; but with the new side by side feature of x1 allowing an incoming skype call to be shown next to the game and have it still be playing I forsee this starting a whole new way of boosting/cheating in many different game modes that may be harder for developers to control or counter.

• Re: X1+Skype splitscreen call+SnD=new way to boost/cheat
    iivrruummii

The only place that doesn't allow party chat in-game is SnD, and I would like it if they just made it so you can use party chat.  As for it contributing to boosting/cheating, it wouldn't really matter.  It isn't like it happens already with every other game.  As you said people already do it with their PCs/laptops.  I don't see it being such a big problem.  You can still use private chat in SND so this will be no different.

SubToXd

Yeah people will always find a way to cheat. The only way to counter SnD cheating is to get rid of third person after you die. I know you can still call out people after your dead, but that person still has to win the gunfight. Its not that OP. I play comeptetively and Party Chat is allowed and third person is disabled. I think it makes SnD better because you dont have to wait for the round to end to talk to somebody.

3barconspiracy

trialstardragon wrote:

As the title says I wonder if anyone has taken in to consideration with how the fact you can have a skype call going while playing a game will affect certain game modes like SnD where no party chat is allowed? Now a player can have an active Skype call going and if they die still talk to their teammates about what they see on the game. No party chat gamemodes will become filled with players doing this on consoles. It already can happen while on the pc and even on the console if someone brings a laptop or has a pc in the same room with the console; but with the new side by side feature of x1 allowing an incoming skype call to be shown next to the game and have it still be playing I forsee this starting a whole new way of boosting/cheating in many different game modes that may be harder for developers to control or counter.

what about people having their X1 next to each one in room, talking to each one? u want to hire homeland security on them or something? O_o

trialstardragon

how many are going to be doing this? not many compared to the other which now makes it even easier to do. At least with what you said it means two had to be in the same house playing. my point is the entire team could do it and thus making the whole idea of not being able to tell your teammate where the enemy was pointless.

the big point of snd is not knowing where they are, removing that just turns it basically in to demo but one life.