31 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 12:55 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Create-a-Class.  What it could be or should be.

thebiindsniper

Here's my idea:  A create-a-class system similar to "Pick 10" from Black Ops 2, only with improvements.  Please offer your thoughts and opinions. 

*The total amount of points a player is given totals 20, but each specific weapon, perk, equipment, and attachment will have different values. 

*Perks are no longer separated by tiers or color, resulting in the greater amount of combinations. 

*The maximum amount of attachments allowed on each weapon is increased to 5.

*Launchers and Shields are pieces of equipment that are used by pressing Left on the control pad (Xbox, PS), resulting in sidearms and melee weapons being the only secondary (or optional primary)

Custom Class Values:

Primary Weapons/Launchers/Shield = 4 points

Sidearms = 2 points

Perks = 2-3 points

Equipment = 1-2 points

Attachments = 1-2 points

For example:

Primary:

MTAR = 4

Dot Sight = 1

Grip = 1

Suppressor = 1

Fast Mags = 1

Sidearm:

SIG Pro = 2

Suppressor = 1

Perks/Launchers/Shield:

Ghost = 3

Lightweight = 3

Flak Jacket = 3

Equipment:

None

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• Re: Create-a-Class.  What it could be or should be.
    trialstardragon

I sort of like this idea. Would be nice not be limited by perk teir slots or a limited number of attachments or perks. Just would be the total points you had and how you chose to use them for the most effective combination.

Although some would complain if they could not take a second primary for a second weapon as has been allowed for the last several games.

dtuchpunk

The idea of launchers as equipment is a great idea. It happens to much that I change from my empty primary to my secondary and being a launcher so I can't shoot the enemy.

Perks open and not in tiers. It's done for balancing issues. They've to rework the perks a lot. Maybe even combined perks already. But than maybe to easy to get to much benefits from them.

More attachments on primary's please yes. Would rock silencer, sight and fast mags a lot.

iamyourfather

i understand this is not the big picture but if you add everthing up at goes to ten which is the same to BO2

SubToXd

There are some things that need to come back to COD because these things define what COD is. And I know people want to keep up with the newest systems and what not, but the pick 10 system needs to go. Go back to traditional CaC where you can have only 3 perks at a time. Not 6 like it is today. And if your concerned about not having enough perks because your skill isnt up to par, then pro perks would act as you second tier perk. Just another benefit you get.

Just throw us the traditional CaC system and focus on more important things in COD.

Focus more on getting payers to play more than 3 months after release date.

If put their focus towards that goal.....you will all forget about this pick 10.

thebiindsniper

Being forcibly stuck with the same 3 perks, 1 or 2 attachments, and pieces of equipment is something I wanted to break away from since COD4. 

Custom classes should be about freedom and variety.  If you want to have the classic set up, then that creative option is at your disposal.  Just because someone has 6 perks, doesn't mean they're overpowered.  The perks in Black Ops 2 are not even that strong to begin with.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

SubToXd

I think we need to look at the bigger picture here....which is what is going to make COD players stick to playing COD longer than previuos years.

Freedom and variety when it comes to classes is definitley NOT doing that.

Im not saying someone running around with 6 perks is op, its just unecessary and taking away from COD more and more when they add this sh/it in.

BO2 focused so much on making sure all 150 things had a counter and that created a huge imbalance in the game.

Water all those perks, attatchments, and equipent down and focus more on whats important. Getting people to play your game more often.

We need a skill gap again where teamwork/communication actually means something. Not using 5 perks with an LMG and getting 50 kills while playing solo. whats the fun in that??? the satisafaction of crushing people who have no thumbs.

Quality>Quantity

thebiindsniper

It's interesting how people say Call of Duty is the same game every year, yet people want it to be the same game every year. 

Video game titles need to evolve in order to stay fresh throughout the years.  If they didn't, they would end up forgotten and boring (like Dynasty Warriors).  Call of Duty never truly destroys the experience.  Down to it's core, despite the changes over the years, it's still the same exact FPS we've known to love.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

SubToXd

Im an advocate for having a fresh and ever changing COD, but pick 10 and all of what COD has been coming to has just been to repetetive (they add way to much stuff into the game that just increases the staleness and boredom). The pick 10 is not that interesting and is more of a headache filled with uneccesary **** that cause the game to become stale as a potato chip.

Adding more into a game does not make it "fresh and new"

If you think the pick 10 is what we need to keep "fresh", please get a reality check.

Im just saying id take a traditional class system if they could focus more on important matters in the game.

iamyourfather

II like the 10 point system, I dont use secondary weapons so this give me two points so i can add an extra perk, this is fine to me because it's not overpowered because one person may have something something that the other does not. We can create a class to our liking.

iivrruummii

thebiindsniper wrote:

*The maximum amount of attachments allowed on each weapon is increased to 5.

Please God no.

KTPhoenix

first off, i DONT want to see Flak Jacket back AT ALL! Nor do i want to see the ballistic vests in. All they need to do is modify the Blast shield and that should be fine. But having to basically be invulnerable to explosives is complete and utter bullsh*t. I am a tuber but i only tube when i know someone is camping their ass off and it makes it damn hard to kill the camper when they have 3 things protecting them from every explosive i throw at them. It reminds me of the Last Stand Juggernauts from COD4. I cant tell you how much it pissed me off playing against a team full of those people to where i could only use explosives to kill them cuz otherwise the juggernaut would take most of the damage so that when the person went to last stand, they got a free kill since you have to reload.

Second, i actually DONT like the pick 10 system. I just like the simple things. As long as i can have 2 attachments on my primary i really dont need anything special.

Bobthrobber

First of all, I doubt we will see a pick anything system in Ghosts, because it is being made by IW not Treyarch.

But I would like to see the same as pick 10, only with 12 points available. I think this would be perfect.

theonlywhitekid

I love the pick systems. We can now customize our classes to exactly what we want. We can give and take to make our best options. I love it! I definitely agree with TheBlindSniper

nicedrewishfela

Interesting idea, but maybe I am alone in actually liking the layout of this particular Create-a-Class setup. Lots of options that allow people to play how they want to play.