40 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2014 6:33 PM by inkedbug Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty

TBundy69

What do you guys want to see in Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty after CoD: Ghost's release in November 2013?

Honestly the game industry has been milked dry with modern and or future set FPS games. If there was ever a time for Treyarch to branch off of their current franchise and pull an Infinity Ward and start on a new story, the time is now. I think Treyarch's next-gen CoD should be a CoD set in World War II. Whether it be just simply a new story set in WW2 or a ficticious tale of an alternate WW2 story I don't care but I think the gaming industry is in dire need of a different kind of FPS.

• Re: Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty
    deamonomic

TBundy69 wrote:

What do you guys want to see in Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty after CoD: Ghost's release in November 2013?

Honestly the game industry has been milked dry with modern and or future set FPS games. If there was ever a time for Treyarch to branch off of their current franchise and pull an Infinity Ward and start on a new story, the time is now. I think Treyarch's next-gen CoD should be a CoD set in World War II. Whether it be just simply a new story set in WW2 or a ficticious tale of an alternate WW2 story I don't care but I think the gaming industry is in dire need of a different kind of FPS.

it was just a few years ago that the gaming community was claiming that WW2 games were way way waaaay overdone. basically it was milked dry and then some.

Personally, I will play whatever I find fun and enjoyable. Doesnt really matter what Kind of game.

ab36

WWII wouldn't be bad, I think that they should consider a game that spans multiple eras, like WWII and now, or WWII and the future, something along those lines. Include weapons from both eras in multiplayer (with proper balancing of course), with different time settings for the maps would be interesting. But I'd probably just take a Call of Duty that had good maps and guns, regardless of the era

starbuckfrack

You have to remember that Treyarch has policies they must follow when they make games. IW has a policy that forbids Treyarch from making games in certain eras.

TopFighter

Thread moved to Off Topic sub-forum.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

jonnyheron

it should be a game that is fun to play but not set in WW II because you have already done that. i  think you should make something we have never seen before but don't make it to crazy . i cant wait to see what new ideas you've created with the zombies mode as it is definitely the best part of the game so i think you should include more maps in the on disk content and include more than one zombie map in the dlc's and include more weapons as i think there is not enough. you should make the game futuristic as that is what i liked about black ops 2 campain especially all the gadgets and equipment i got to use. 

bkblazer

I would absolutely love WW2 again. Unfortunately I've come to the realization, they can't. When all the guns and killstreaks are dated, there isn't enough imagination and creativity to work with. When a developer is making a game in the future, the possibilities are endless.

Maybe the powers that be at Activision and the developers just need to watch Saving Pvt Ryan or Band of Brothers again. And bring back the "real" and forget about predicting the future.

Holla4sumdollas

i thought black ops 1 and black ops 2 had damn near flawless campaigns but i do hope they go back to world at war

FISTAH

Call of Duty: World at War II

'Nuff said.

welcomematt

The Black Ops storyline is a continuation of World at War. So in all technicality, Black Ops should be World at War 2 and Black Ops 2 should be World at War 3.

FISTAH

Yes Black Ops and Black Ops II may be set in the same 'universe', yet not in the same time period. To have a game set in World War II again would be great. Maybe from the other side's point of view?

techie519

My prediction is the Korean War, as a prequel.  The game will either feature a very young Mason and Woods, or Mason's father and a young Woods.  My guess is Mason's father and a young Woods.  I think after using Mason's Son in B.O 2, using his Dad in B.O. 3 brings it all together.

It is possible Reznov is not prison yet.  He escaped from Dragovich in 1945, so it's possible he defected after his escape.  Reznov could be sent by the CIA to Korea as an intelligence asset, and then captured as part of the game.

Dark_Vapor21

I love it!

Kalkiavatara

Currently, the situation is critical, but we do not need to apply "D.N.R" quite yet...

In all uncomfortable honesty, I want, foremost, some type of new or innovative or at least functionally efficient system administration above all else... Whether that means the company deputizes trustworthy volunteers who are idealistic in fighting corruption and crooked players, or there is some type of centralized autocratic figure truly reviewing and properly assessing irregular data from the violators of the Code of Conduct -- HOWEVER, IN WHATEVER FASHION, the administrative/managerial aspect here I personally believe is vital... If the next game lacks some type of new creative solution to this, "my feelings will be hurted" ...

The so-called lag is tolerable if you fine-tune your technology wisely. Utterly irrelevant to me -- The game graphics and experience is consistently excellent. Not a word of criticism in that direction... Perhaps better intrusion detection in the case of "naughty" people, however... Manipulators of the net architecture, such-like types, need restraint...

I hope I am not punished by the staff here for stating the above... Please believe me, I mean no harm or defamation. I mean no polemical devaluation at all, I am trying to be very polite in "constructive criticism"...

Scarcrowish

I think Treyarch should not continue the black ops stroy line because in black ops 2 theres was to many choices to be made like for example killing memendez or keeping him alive so i cant see how it would be possible, so they should either make a prequel or just make a whole new storyline  like Infinitywards doing with ghosts they didnt continue off of modernwarfar 3 but what i would like to see is them make a end of the world type storyline were terrorist make a nuke and start a nukecluer war and you play as a team of american troops each with a good skill like one is a marksmen the other explosives and a medic and so on.

skillet95

Yes!!!World at war was GREAT!!Plese Treyarch made a new World War II game!! Please this will save call of duty

Zakawakawitz

I believe that Treyarch's next game should take place in the Vietnam War. By this I don't mean any undercover ops like the original black ops, but raw, strictly limited to the Vietnam war. with the scare tactics, guerrilla warfare, and various mutilating traps and weapons we could see that layer of grit and gore that the franchise has been missing since arguably World At War. Also the use of a dog, such as Riley, is useful in these scenarios. Realistically a dog isn't going to send three fully armed soldiers running out a door. However, in the Vietnam War dogs were actually used to sniff out traps, mines, and tunnel systems. Perhaps if the developers want they can introduce a scent cone dynamic like, that lets players control the dog and lets them sniff out traps and bombs by tracking these scent cones (scent cones were the technique taught to the dogs that helped them zero in on targets). Also perhaps have a smaller platoon instead of a large unit to have some character development. The last time I actually felt bad for a character dying was Ghost in MW2 (more or less Soap in MW3).

lissomtrash1620

What i think they should do would be completely different from any CoD. But will also get new buyers. What they need to do is get a new character that is in the special forces and goes into combat where his squad is flanked buy a militia. kind of like Black ops 2 with the Raul Menendez. But have is be an entirely new person. And in order for him and his fellow squad members to stay alive they have to train with an ex special force op that was pretty much a bad ass during ww1 or ww2 that they meet after they get flanked. then after they train for how ever long they become an elite force and do what ever in there power to stop the leader of the melitia. Obviously it would be better if treyarch stated this. im just a fan of the CoD's and giving my thoughts on a new game. It could also be a new game period.

FeaR_ShoGun

A lot of you guys are saying to do a WW2 game as if they have never done it before. They have and it was awesome. World at War was a great game and highly highly underrated. I think this is particularly because it came out directly after CoD 4 which is undeniably the best cod of all time.  Black ops and Bops2 were both very good too. Not as good as WaW or Mw2 imo opinion but they were both good.

I think somebody else stated this too but a lot of people were complaining in the past that ww2 was getting old. But to me its the best era (for war games) and even tho there are only so many guns you can make there are PLENTY of crazy ideas they can pull from it. Thats obvious because look how mayne movies were/are made from that era, theres gotta be over 200. I would love to see Treyarch go back to the WW2 era, they did it right and if they could follow that same winning formula as in WaW I think there next game could be wildly popular and just what CoD needs to revive its Legacy.

Its_Bryzo_The_Wolf

I think the next call Of Duty game should level out the different kind of players in the community by implying a 5 to 10 second motion rule. This will eliminate how long someone can sit still. By over going the motion rule, the player will show up on the map or slowly start to show up on the map. I also think that after showing up on the map from over going the motion rule, the player will slowly disappear as he/she move rather than them just fully disappear from the map by moving around constantly to remain hidden. This can give you Treyarch the ability to create a perk system that can be useful to those who choose to camp but also a way to be countered. I really hope that the Call Of Duty Community isn't over looked. Considering that we gamers are what every developer should put first when creating games to ensure that we enjoy them and that everything is successful. Fingers crossed that Treyarch listens to us for the next Call Of Duty game! @Treyarch

Enriqdiaz

Please treyarch do it like black ops 1 it was your best call of duty , please small maps, no like ghosts with big maps full of campers , please treyarch no futuristic games, black ops 1 was the last good call of duty , do it like BO1 the best call of duty ever

usuxthedix

Please treyarch do not destroy this call of duty like you did black ops 2..... Start somethings new....Please don't **** this up. By **** this up i mean the multiplayer. Bo2 was garbage.....

farmerguy95

I never got to truly play W@W (as in i only played the campaign once and played offline multiplayer and zombies) but i did get to fully enjoy BO1. as well with MW3 and BO2 (i got a little of MW2 but BO1 came out like a month later) the campaign in W@W and MW2 were my favorites easily. I had played MW2's campaign at least 5 times. I enjoyed MW1 but it wasn't as eventful due to having already beaten MW2 so many times. Then I was disappointed with MW3, i played it once and never looked back. I played through BO1 and 2 a couple times each, but they didn't really stick with me like MW2. I always wanted to go through a WW2 game but never felt like W@W would satisfy me due to it being pretty dated. WW2 is one of my favorite time periods and something i've always been interested in, is why games are never made from the Nazi's point of view? Like what if you played as one that disagreed with it all but stayed with his group so he wouldn't get killed. he goes through all these moral choices (good/bad) through the game like good choice:he feels its right but he might blow his cover while bad choice:he feels guilty but is welcomed by his squad mates. that sounds like a pretty good story if i may say so myself.

JC_Starmon

I don't understand why zombies hasn't yet been made into a full campaign. There's a lot more of a storyline that can be produced out of zombies. Personally speaking I found BO1 & 2 had a poor campaign, it seemed more mindless and lacked emotion. When you compare the campaign of most COD's to a game like Far Cry 3, Uncharted, or even The Last of Us I don't think COD holds up against them. They need a real storyline with an actual plot and real characters, make it an emotional story for once. I find that COD campaigns are getting more and more predictable, the helicopter spinning out of control and crashing is especially getting old. This is why I am saying zombies would make a real original story that could have hundreds of new ideas. Anyways that's just campaign and as disappointed as I was with the previous ones I think that BO1 MP was amazing and BO2 was an even greater step forward, and the fact is that is what the game is about is MP not the campaign. Also zombies mode has improved so much since WaW and after Origins I have high expectations for the next COD. All I have to say about that is keep up the good work guys!!! Also I request some sort of pause in zombies online, it would be much easier to request a pause break in zombies rather than taking turns with a runner so you can use the washroom :/

Ghost1712

Well A new WW2 game would be awesome but futer games are awesome i would like world at war 2 though =D

CvGlow

How about World War One??? Has anyone ever thought about that yet? Great setting and maybe do missions that include naval and aerial combat or scouting in No Mans Land.  The ending can maybe include something that sparks the beginning of WWII like the attack on Pearl Harbor. After that, maybe include some add-ons or unlocks that you can earn or purchase to play more bonus missions (maybe key battles or operations that took place in WWII).

NathanBolton

I Think a WWII game would be really good or even a nuclear war between North Lorea and the USA but what i think you should do with the multiplayer is just get back to the original version of getting ranked up to unlock weapons because i really hate the fact you have to use unlock tokens. Although on BO2 it wasnt to bad but on ghosts it is really annoying how it costs about 6squad points for more or less every weapon and you done have to rank up to be able to unlock them.

Himokousen

I don't have much to suggest about plot, but some settings I would like to see are

1. Korean War

2. Vietnam War

3. Spanish American War

4. Revolutionary/Civil War etc (Anything with old guns and technology. Would require a drastic change in gameplay)

5. WWII FROM THE GERMAN PERSPECTIVE! Why do we always follow the Americans?

6. WWI...from any perspective

7. The Crusades.....yeah I know that's ridiculous but....

BethLOVEsDave90

WWII but from a different perspective not yet done, such as from the elite Australian forces POV. Especially now with all the new technologies and with the many differing stories from that war, no matter how much people say its been done, there is many of us who want this time re-explored. Especially as a lot of treyarchs stuff has been semi realism it makes for a better story and better multiplayer.

BrotherOfJared7

Im sure that Treyarch is already creating their next title, but what if we tied all of these ideas together? We have all of Treyarch's games and throw them into a special ops game using... wait for it... TIME TRAVEL! I know it sounds stupid, but think about it, Richtofen from zombies uses time travel to jump from game to game. So, what if say Mason and maybe his son (can be like Dempsey) and whoever else they want to throw in, "crashes" into rictofen (who planned it so they would meet together) end up using time travel to do even further missions like perhaps parts of all the games that the main character was saved by "Luck" but instead make those lucky moments, parts where say Mason ended up saving his own butt in 2025, and then jumping back in time to WWII where he saves the main character. So do a bunch of those while telling the story all over again but from a cool side with a twist, perhaps even using 2025 weapons that roctofen brings back and "wunder-izes" them, building a super army, which can then lead into zombies, dempsey ends up getting word of what rochtofen and Maxis are doing and then trys to stop them, and then you can go into an actual story line that makes more sence via zombies. So now you have a cool idea Treyarch. im not great at names but here's an idea for this: "Call Of Duty: Future's Past" .... or maybe "Call of Duty: Era Ops"

SmokeySmokah

more zombies definately it blow extinction away!!!

jonnyheron

i think treyarch should branch off like iw did and come up with a new story but do better than iw. cod ghosts campain was far to short and had such a bad ending to it , the multiplayer is crap because of the spawns the new knifing system which they completely copied from battlefield is crap. i want to see a new completely unique story that is going to keep me interested and be worth the price i will pay for it. the zombie mode is absolutely beast if anything you should focus on that it is the best zombie game ever created in my opinion, i just think the maps could be made a little bit bigger and that more guns need adding, and change the settings with the mystery box too many time have i spent my points on it and got  the same 2 or 3 guns through out the game. the multiplayer from black ops 2 was fantastic you should base the next cod multiplayer on that and include cerain kill streaks for whichever map your on. you should include full character customization .

Chamberpot92

I was just thinking about this, I loved the original Call of Duty francise. They had decent stories and the WWII games had a better single player feel to the latest titles. I've been disapointed especially between Modern Warfare 3 to Ghosts, and feel as though COD needs to bring back some of it's forgotten members.

I'd rather play Battlefield these days as I find the story alot better than COD's.

jasonkinsella

Hi i think you should branch out to a soldier who was in the army but has gone rouge to save his family or some sort of story like that. Keep the zombies which is my favourite part of cod

TIREDOFCRAP

How about: Call Of Duty: Hole in Time It is about a scientist finding a way to travel back in time, which is a disaster and the wrong people get theire hands on the time machine and for example kills hitler. Which leads into a new leader of germany which is much stronger than hitler leading to a complete revolution and germany taking over the world or anything to that part. Or Call Of Duty: The End The world is ending and countries fight to survive. Maybe a meteor hits and covers the sky so that no vegetation is being made and they try to fight for the resources left? Call of Duty: Future Warfareand Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, are names of possible new games, since activision have put a trade mark on them. 

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes as of my main language is not english.

- Zombie storyline lover  killerass1234 (psn)

Jay_Towers

I would love to see first, Maps sizes of ops 1,Kill streaks and game play like ops 2, game mechanics like the hit detection and connection of ghosts and then...any type of theme around that lol 

jonnyheron

cod multiplayer needs to go back to its roots (mw1&2 and waw) they were far easily the best cods and id rather play them then bo2 and ghosts they should remake mw1&2 and waw for the next gen consoles but keep most of their game physics not some of this gosts bull rubbish. they should keep all the same maps but obviously improve the graphics ect. or maybe put the best bits from all the cods into one flawlless one