39 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2013 4:36 AM by madridboy86 RSS

System specs

raphasauer

Hey guys, do you know when the system specs of CoD Ghosts will come out? My VGA is not so modern (GTX 480) and I have an i7 3770 and 16 gb of memory... Do you think I can run the game in 60 FPS?

• Re: System specs
    Tintindye

You gonna run it verry well  !!!

whatabeer

The 480GTX is 3 years old...

Either get 2+ in sli or upgrade...

ATLW

The PC version probably requiers this for 60 FPS:

nForce 3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium 1.3Ghz CPU

ATI 9800 with 512mgb RAM (or nVidia eqvufudfduifant(No idea how that is spelled)

256Mgb RAM divided over four RAM bricks to avoid overload on individual bricks.

A 5400 RPM 2.5" HDD with 6Gb storage dedicated for the game.

4slime

So less than Black Ops II?

Don't think so.

And also, why would a motherboard have anything to do with the game? Dividing RAM over four chips is unneccesary - stock computers come with one. Customs come with two. Not everyone has four.

wierd worlds are these

4slime wrote:

So less than Black Ops II?

Don't think so.

And also, why would a motherboard have anything to do with the game? Dividing RAM over four chips is unneccesary - stock computers come with one. Customs come with two. Not everyone has four.

I think it was a piss take post.

As per the op's request, yes you will be able to run it with no issues.

I would expect the requirements to be the same as for Black Op's 2.

Degolegody

Well requirements arent out yet, but i'm gonna make an informed guess here:

Minimum sys req:

- CPU: Black Ops 2 needs a dual core to run, so i'd say also, a dual core, like a core 2 duo, as a minimum, or in AMD standards, an athlon x2. The enw consoles will have 8 cores, so IDK if IW will use all 8, so ill just say dual core. It might be a quad core for mimimum, but i dont think so.

- GPU: Well, for gpu im guessing the game will be a bit more needing of strength, but not too much. Remember IW makes more lightweight games than 3arc, i mean, MW3 needs much less than BO1 and BO2. So i think you'd need a GTX 630 or equivalent or in AMD standards, a 5570

- RAM: I'd say 2GB, though it might be more. Again, we have these new consoles running with 8GB, and the game could use up to 3.5gb on PS4, so we'll have to wait and see.

If you want more of this, just go to this website (Game-debate). They have experienced people and benchmarks to make a better decision with guessing the requirements: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7619&game=Call%20of%20Duty:%20Gh osts

bradyscott2

Hey guys i just got my first rig and i got an alienware x51 specs are

-I7

-16gb ram

-nividia GTX 660

will i be able to run this game smoothly?

wierd worlds are these

bradyscott2 wrote:

Hey guys i just got my first rig and i got an alienware x51 specs are

-I7

-16gb ram

-nividia GTX 660

will i be able to run this game smoothly?

You will be fine, you will easily meet the recommended specs.

This is Call Of Duty after all and they are still using the same engine as was used in MW2/3 just slightly more tweaked and apparently with a few things thrown in, by some people from Nvidia to apparently make the game look and perform better on lower end hardware  which yours is not lower end hardware, your graphics are mid range.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

You should get 60 fps even on the highest setting. I used to run MW3 maxed using a single 550 GTX Ti and the game runs around 70+ fps on a single card. I then bought a second card and went SLI and it never dipped below 90 fps. A single 480 GTX is just a little weaker than a 550 GTX Ti in SLI. 

maccaboat

All those sound like they will fly!!

my rig:

i5 - liquid cooled

12gbRam - Corsair

Maximus III Gene mobo

2 - GTX770's - SL:I

Steel Series headphones - i like to play with cans not speakers!!

overkill i know but i just like lot's of fan noise!!!

Agamers

i am confuse about my specs too,

i got an labtop, and its i5-2520 2.5 GHz

nvidia GT 630 with 2Gb DDr3

and 8Gb ram

the game debate website listed above shows that i could not run the game because of the GPU.

but i mean, the labtop do very well of BO2 and BF3, so what do u guys think?

i want to get this game, can i run this in minium? i dont care even 800x600 i will accept.

T-boss

I5-3570

GTX 660-ti+2gig GDDR5

16 gigs DDR3 ram.

Momba1

I would tend to agree that it's time for a new GPU and it really depends on your resolution. Short of finding a used GTX 480 which IMO is a terrible idea, I'd look at a GTX 760 or GTX 770 since Ghosts will support TXAA and newer games can be more demanding.

My plan is to update my SLI GTX 560's and move from the HD 1920 x 1080 and go to a SLI GTX 770's and a 2560 x 1440 resolution. My current rig is fine for most games but I know the, in my case, the 1.0 GB vRAM is a problem.

pitbulltx56

There has been some leaked stuff on the internet about the hardware requirements and recommendations. It looks like Infinity Ward is doing the same stupid thing where you have to download all the singleplayer files to play multiplayer and vice versa. Projected game size minus DLC looks to be about 18GB, and the requirements are pretty much the same as BO2's, but DX11 isn't mandatory this time. (Not sure if any of this was accurate, but most of the leaks corresponded with each other.)

I would say if you aim to play the game at 60FPS at 1080P, you'll want a 64-bit OS with at least 6GB of RAM (with 3GB+ available for gameplay) 25GB HDD space for game and DLC, a quad-core CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher, and a DX11 card with a minimum of 1GB VRAM and a 256-bit bus. If you have a 2GB GDDR5 GPU you may think you'll be fine, but since GDDR5 has a higher bandwidth throughput nVidia and ATI like to rip us off and shrink the buses...In terms of what card you should be using, my best guess is a GTX 660 Ti or higher for desktops should do the trick. For laptops, you'll probably want a GTX 765M as a minimum, but a GTX 770M will see a huge performance increase do to the larger buffer and wider bus. For the AMD/ATI fans, a 7950 or 8970M would be good starting points.

YouHardscope

Hey, what will I need to play COD Ghosts? I trying for the recommend specs for BF4 but, will it run smoothly for Ghosts too? Also for other games like Watch Dogs and AC4. Really need help! Want to get into PC gaming ASAP!

Momba1

Truth is at this time no one knows for sure and a lot is dependent upon your monitor's resolution(s), AA levels you want, and desired Frame-rates.  Not to mention your other system specs (CPU, RAM, etc); bottlenecks. In general, I would recommend a newer platform, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 660 Ti or better GPU if you want to be competitive. Frame stuttering and low frame rates in general are easy pickings.

However, since I seriously doubt Ghosts is going to be 'demanding' in comparison to most DX11 games take the current BO2 benchmarks and subtract 10% to maybe 15% and you'll be relatively safe; examples of BO2 benchmarks - Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Graphics Performance, Benchmarked - Call Of Duty: Black Ops II: Black To The Future

Personally, I want to max the FPS (~200 FPS) on a new 2560 x 1440 monitor using 2x or 4x TXAA. So I'm banking on SLI GTX 770's since in SLI they've shown very low stutter (FCAT). However, until someone benchmarks the GPU's on a given platform and/or resolution(s) ... pff who knows!?

BTW - I do play other games...

wierd worlds are these

Momba1 wrote:

Truth is at this time no one knows for sure and a lot is dependent upon your monitor's resolution(s), AA levels you want, and desired Frame-rates.  Not to mention your other system specs (CPU, RAM, etc); bottlenecks. In general, I would recommend a newer platform, 8GB of RAM, and a GTX 660 Ti or better GPU if you want to be competitive. Frame stuttering and low frame rates in general are easy pickings.

However, since I seriously doubt Ghosts is going to be 'demanding' in comparison to most DX11 games take the current BO2 benchmarks and subtract 10% to maybe 15% and you'll be relatively safe; examples of BO2 benchmarks - Call Of Duty: Black Ops II Graphics Performance, Benchmarked - Call Of Duty: Black Ops II: Black To The Future

Personally, I want to max the FPS (~200 FPS) on a new 2560 x 1440 monitor using 2x or 4x TXAA. So I'm banking on SLI GTX 770's since in SLI they've shown very low stutter (FCAT). However, until someone benchmarks the GPU's on a given platform and/or resolution(s) ... pff who knows!?

BTW - I do play other games...

If you want to see how 2 GTX770's will handle on 1440p then look @ the GTX680 sli and you will know how they perform.

The GTX 770's are basically GTX680's but with a speed bump and a new cooler.

I can max any game out at 1080p with my none overclocked 680's, and get 100fps or more and that includes Metro Last Light but I turn off the AA as I don't need on it that game, but even Battlefield 3 with maxed settings including AA I get over 150fps.

You will have no issues in terms of performance because of your system, it just depends on Nvidia's shockingly poor drivers at the moment and also how well, the game is coded to perform with dual card's and at resolutions above 1280x720.

Momba1

BO2 and many games won't render e.g. 2560 x 1080 and all I really wanted was a wider FOV without using the 'FOV Option' in-game, nor will I risk a ban using some 'Resolution Fixer' application. I do agree that new drivers on pre-GTX 700's so far are a fail, I'm still holding on to 314.22 drivers; see problems.

As far as GPU's I buy them every other or so generation until it/they break or I run across problems and/or I'm hampered by a e.g. vRAM bottleneck (my problem now with 1 GB cards/stuttering), lower details, etc.

I ran across a couple of really nice articles with 2560 x 1440 with GTX 760's & GTX 770's in SLI and the FCAT (stuttering) is what really caught me eye. Ideally, I'd prefer a single GPU but on some games and in the future 2-3-4 years I 'should' be good.

(note the stutter/FCAT):

GTX 760 SLI - GeForce GTX 760 SLI review - Introduction

GTX 770 SLI - GeForce GTX 770 SLI review - Article

Stuff I'm considering:

SLI: GTX 770 ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5

Monitor: ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27"

or

Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27”

The only thing making me completely crazy is picking a monitor. I love my Dell IPS (LG) monitors and the ASUS PLS (Samsung) looks intriguing. However, IF 2560 x 1080 would work (many games it stretches) and the prices come down to ~$350 then I might consider going that route. A 5760 x 1080 -- there's no way I'm obliterating my desk with three monitors.

maccaboat

I use 2 GTX770's in SLI and it is smooth as glass!

i run the BOII at 1920 x 1080 and get over 100fps consistently! My biggest problem seems to be latency issues. Not in my system but via the connection / servers. I'm seeing one thing in real time and think i got the jump on someone and they get me and the Kill cam is completely different from what i saw!! Wierd! Don't know if that is host benefits or distance to servers. i always try and go in and out of servers to find the best one!!

Specs:

Asus Maximus Gene III

14gb ram - corsair

i5 processor - liquid cooled

2- GTX770's SLI mode

850 watt power supply - Ultra brand

wierd worlds are these

This is my pc currently.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9413/54qz.jpg

This is my current connection status

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/7240a75aad5620a0ccbbd632014adbc5-18-09- 2013.html

I have nothing but latency issues when playing Black Op's 2 to the point where I played it yesterday for the first time in around a month.

My pc runs anything I want at max settings with no issues at all, including Metro Last Light at 100fps @ 1080p.

Battlefield 3 when I play I get a ping of 15ms to around 30ms max but Black Op's 2 it's always 50ms+ and apparently that is to servers in the UK when I get a lower ping than, that when I connect to servers in France, Spain etc on COD 4, 5, Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 and many other games.

pitbulltx56

Metro: Last Light is far better optimized than 2033 and actually has slightly detuned graphics as well because the console version and PC version use the same base code and were released together. 100FPS on Last Light at 1080P is about 15FPS for 2033.

maccaboat

i was thinking about getting Last Light - i mainly have CoD and MoH type games so i was curious if it would be a good game for me to try. i played Fallout: New Vegas and was not impressed but Last Light seems to be way more evolved than that. Bottom line: is it a cool game or what?

D

FULLBLACK2

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, @Momba1, I am new to this discussion forum.

I would like to know if these pc specifications will meet the game criteria for COD: Ghosts on Windows 8, I will list them here:

Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

16 GB DDR3 at1600mhz

1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HD

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Power supply type: 120W AC power adapter (its a PC Notebook by HP)

Windows 8 64bit OS

On the other hand, or should wait for the PS4 game system, what would you suggest? I really am not a game enthusiast, I just play to have fun, sit back relax, and I do not really have high expectations for game physical components like the how fast is the CPU or how amazing is the GPU card; not of that really matters much to me.  So what I just described for the specifications, they seem good to your point of view, will think it will run COD: Ghosts smoothly?

Thank you!

~George

Momba1

The biggest problem that 'gets people killed,' other than some jerk cheating, are GPU Stutters. The 740M up to HD (1920 x 1080) should be fine and the only problem I foresee is loading times with a 5400 RPM HDD. Ideally, when playing do not use your WiFi, use an Ethernet (CAT-5e/6) cable or a PowerLine and keep the notebook plugged-in while playing.

FULLBLACK2

What game console are you considering to choose from when you are going to get COD: Ghosts?

And it's fair to assume you already have a pc rig, on other hand, are going to purchase a game console too?

Momba1

Now I have pretty much every current console (Xbox 360's, PS3's, Wii, etc) but I only have copies of CoD for the PC and Xbox so I don't see that changing.

Sure I'll purchase a couple Xbox One's and at least one PS4, but I'm again certain I'll have Ghosts running on only those two platforms.

FULLBLACK2

You sure have a lot of time on your hands there pal and whole lot of money.

Why would you want more then 1 Xbox One, what one isn't good for you?

Yet, for the time being I might stick with PC for now, and maybe just maybe go for PS4 in the near future, that is what I am contemplating about! And whenever the Xbox One will be available for Windows PC, will get it for the pc. I have a lot of patients.

Enjoy every moment of the game when it launches, you will have the game experience before, I know that for sure. You deserve it, once again, have a good time when you receive your copy of the game!  

pitbulltx56

I would say shoot for this at least:

- 2.2GHz+ dual core CPU

- 4GB+ RAM

- 1GB+ dedicated VRAM on a graphics card that supports DX11 (2GB definately recommended for 1080P and above)

- 20GB+ hard drive space for base game, 25GB+ including DLC

- Internet that won't bog down other players

My specs:

- Intel Core i7 4900MQ 2.8GHz quad-core with 8MB L3 cache (the actual mobile Core i7 - the 4700MQ and 4800MQ are rebranded desktop i5's with 6MB L3 cache)

- 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz DDR3 SDRAM modules

- 2x256GB OCZ Vertex 450 SSDs in a 128KB RAID 0 stripe

- nVidia GeForce Go GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

- 4532 BroadCom mPCIE half-card with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 5GHz WiFi 2x2 MIMO with Bluetooth 4.0

- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit & Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit dual boot

Chassis is the new Alienware 17 with a 1080P (non-3D model) display. I didn't want to overpay for better RAM or faster disks so I did that myself.

FULLBLACK2

I would say shoot for this at least:

- 2.2GHz+ dual core CPU

- 4GB+ RAM

- 1GB+ dedicated VRAM on a graphics card that supports DX11 (2GB definitely recommended for 1080P and above)

- 20GB+ hard drive space for base game, 25GB+ including DLC

- Internet that won't bog down other players

Thank you for posting this, it gave me some idea what to expect for demands for the game! For sure technology is advancing so rapidly and we cannot keep these days. It's really all about affordability and system+ game preferences!

whatabeer

My Specs:
    Windows 8 64bit (Direct x 11.1, windows 8.1 support of 11.2)
    i7 2600k 3.8ghz
    1TB HDD Main drive, Western Digital Black 4TB HDD new volume, 5TB HDD altogether
    GTX Titan 6gb direct x 11.1 capable card.
    8GB Ram

Dell U3011 2560x1600 Monitor
    G19 Keyboard with blue LCD"S

whatabeer

Bell 5 internet, somewhere between 600/KBS - 1MBS, 2.5GB - 3GB downloaded within about an hour

FULLBLACK2

whatabeer wrote:

Bell 5 internet, somewhere between 600/KBS - 1MBS, 2.5GB - 3GB downloaded within about an hour

If this is the internet connection that you are currently using, I highly recommend that you upgrade your connection bandwidth. It will not meet the demands of the internet connection for the game, it would constantly be kicking you of game servers. Furthermore, I strongly suggest you should at least go with a Bell Fibe 25/10 or greater to have a very flexible connection.

I will provide with a direct hyperlink to Bell website for the Fibe bundles. Fibe Internet plans, Mobile Internet access | Bell Canada 

If you can afford to pay $50 monthly, I recommend 50/10/175 GB usage bundle. I hope my response helps. I really do not want you to get frustrated while playing any game, aside from Ghosts and your internet connection may constantly get disconnected due to your current plan. 

Finally, I currently am using Bell 25/10/100 gb usage bundle and it is treating great, I really cannot complain.

wierd worlds are these

His connection should be fine for playing games.

I played games on a 75Kbp/s upload speed connection, for well over 2 years and my ping was the same then as it is today in nearly all the games, except for the latest Call Of Duty games.

Black Op's 2 uses around 45Kbp/s of my 12Mbp/s upload speed, and my ping is always now 50ms+ but in other more bandwidth demanding games my ping is less than 30ms.

Battlefield 3 uses around 100Kbp/s of my 12Mbp/s upload speed when playing games and I get a ping of 19ms in the game.

His connection is a poor connection in terms of speed and bandwidth usuage amount but it maybe that it's the best available.

madridboy86

Are this good or bad spec, I'm using a windows 7 via the MAC's bootcamp system

CPU - i7-3770 quad-core 3.4.GHz

GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

RAM - 32 GB RAM 1600MHz

Win 7 64 bit 11 Direct X

Fusion 1 TB HDD

Apple MC914 27inch 2560 x 1440