19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2013 4:05 PM by Tacnimin RSS

Interesting thought to the Origins ending.

PeterPanzer903

So, I had an interesting thought. What if the end cutscene of "Eddie" and Samantha playing wasn't actually the end. Yeah, all of the zombie maps we know so far has been apparenty all just a game in the mind of a child, but what if something was still really going on. Hear me out. Maxis and Richtofen were once close because they were scientists together. What if Eddie was Richtofen's son, or "Edward Jr". People are saying the characters we know are all made up, but Maxis was real, we hear him call out to Samantha when the sirens go off. What if the sirens were to warn of a zombie attack. Think about it, those children would have to have an extremely vivid imagination to come up with everything. Maybe Samantha overheard her dad speaking of element 115 and some of his "research". She would have had to, because no child I know is gonna put that much deep thought into a game they are playinag just on their own. So maybe in the "real" world we see with Sam and Eddie, in the background there Maxis and Richtofen are still hard at it with their research, and that "Origins" (where it all started) wasn't referring to the map being where it all started, but the siren sounding, and Maxis calling out to Samantha was the "Origins". BO1 left us with a cliffhanger on Moon, maybe Treyarch just did the same thing here with Origins. Maybe in their next game, we see what was really going on and not just what Samantha imagined in a game, from the bits and pieces she overheard from her father...would be interesting to say the least. It would give Treyarch a chance to clean the slate so to speak with all the stories plot holes. Say, it was all in a child's head because she didn't know all the details of what was going on, and here is what was REALLY going on in the background. Just a thought. What are your thoughts? Am I over thinking things? Am I wrong? Opinions please, because I think this could very well be possible, and if this is the case, then the ending, in my opinion would go from crappy, to pretty d@mn genius!!

• Re: Interesting thought to the Origins ending.
    PeterPanzer903

Yes? No? Maybe?

surfer1000

interesting theory, if that was true, why are we playing the zombies from her imagination when Maxis and Richtofen are actually a part of 935 or something sinister in 'the real world'.

To be honest i think Treyarch kept adding and adding to the storyline without realising that they would have to end it eventually and this is their annoying exuse for an ending... but none of it was real, dun dun dun!
    Although I think you are right about Maxis being up to something, Samantha of Eddie (i cant remember which) mentioned Maxis having a plan.

curious?

PeterPanzer903

That's what throws me off. Everything seems to be all an "imaginary game", but at the end with the sirens and Maxis calling for Samantha as if there is a problem, and Samantha saying her dad has a plan. Makes me think maybe SOME of the story we know IS true because I don't believe a little child Samantha could come up with all this on her own. Maybe she's overheard some of what her dad has said about his "work"....

Necaross

Think for a second, if it was actually just a child game, what kind of crazy girl is Samantha then? Getting Richtofen to take away her father's brain and put it inside a drone? REALLY? That would really make no sense, the theory about the sirens and **** is most likely true, or else Samantha really hates her father ALOT

xxCRAZEE

I honestly thought the SAME EXACT thing. The sirens go off as if to warn the city of incoming attackers. Zombies? Germans? Nazi Zombies?..... If Maxis is alive in the real world, I can bet that you're right on the money with that theory. I would very much like to see something of that fashion happen....

I also disagree with the above poster saying that we've seen it as a turd so it is what it is... That's your opinion, which you are very much entitled to. I on the other hand, think that would be the best thing to ever happen to the story.

PeterPanzer903

If that's the case, and Samantha is playing out what SHE thinks is really going on, it would open up a huge opportunity for Treyarch to not only change a lot of how the game plays, guns, perks etc. it would also open up a world of possibilities with the story as well. They could say, here's what Sam THOUGHT was going on, and now here is the true story...if that's what we are looking at here, the ending is not crap, it's epic!! But, with that being said, I won't get my hopes up and I am still gonna say its all over and it was all a game, until Treyarch gives us reason to believe otherwise with truthful proof. It's either one or the other, I've seen some pretty wild theories, but I think this is what they meant for us to "get". Why put in the sirens and the quote about "my daddy"....makes you wonder

Dose1Six2

I loved the ending it was the best satire of all...All along we were the imagination of children: who love Zombie; movies, stories, games look at their posters. The game was saying "hey the best ideas come from young intelligent minds with creativity."

mister_z

I think, and I did a post on this earlier. I think BO1 was real. BO2 is imaginary. Hear me out. Origins doesn't add up with the original storyline. 1st of all. Sam is not speaking with a German accent. Maxis and Richtofen didn't work together before the Group 935. We heard nothing about Zombies from the freaking crusade times being unearthed. If this happen 20-30 yrs before the 3rd Reich and Group 935. why was there no mention of it before. Like I said, BO1 real BO2 Child's play. Its possible that Maxis won in all this, and being that he lost his daughter in all this. Re created two children Sam & Eddie. Still living in Zombie world, they play out what they know. Surely after turning the Earth into a Zombiefest, people on Earth would have heard of what happen on the Moon. It would be part of their history. Might even make some action figures. Which is why Sam has an American accent now, and Richtofen is shown in his Nazi uniform. Speaking of which, has no one noticed we'r not killing NAZI Zombies anymore. I dont know what direction Treyarch is taking this time. YES the ending is upsetting. I just cant get over the fact that this new direction holds no water. Where do you go from here. I'm sorry, but look up the original storyline and you tell me if Origins sounds like where it all started. Its just leaves more questions. Wheres is Richtofens with samantha's soul? Why does Weasel keep hearing Nicholai's name? Why are the Nav Card tables important ? Who the fuk is Leroy ?Most of all, How can a 1000 ft Robot exist in 1918 ?

Necaross

The team that made Origins shoulda done the same than MotD... damn they doing the same ending bs (Finishing the EE ends your game), they shoulda stayed away from the story if you ask me

ShadowWolf16

Almost right.  All the zombies maps except for Mob of the Dead and Origins are real.  Mob of the Dead and Origins are both made by the campaign team and both take place in an alternate universe.  We already knew that Mob of the Dead didn't contribute to the story and some proof that the same is for Origins are the facts that it takes place in WWI when the original characters first meet.  But the characters are way too young .  In Origins they are in their mid-20s while in the other maps after Origins they  appear to be in their 30s or 40s.  Also Samantha doesn't appear to be Maxis' daughter as well as even if she is Maxis' daughter, the map takes place way before she becomes the all-powerful controller and technically at her age in the other maps she shouldn't even be a sperm yet. A couple more things: Edward and Sam appear to be the same age in the cutscene when as we all know, when Samantha went to Agartha she was only about 10 years old while Richtofen was a full-grown adult.  Lastly, in Origins Samantha speaks English with absolutely zero German accent when we all know she has a strong accent in all the maps other than Origins.  There is other evidence that I simply don't feel like typing just because it's too much.