25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 1:17 AM by Yppecaye_the_Dogged RSS

Extreme Camping

philla_killa

So, I've been watching a lot of Extreme Camping videos by The Hidden Masters on youtube and I want give this a try with a camping team on BO 2.  Of course, it'll be in good fun and everything.  So, if anyone is interested in creating a 6 man (or possibly 9 man) Extreme Camping team with me, leave your PSN ID and I'll send you a friend request.

• Re: Extreme Camping
    Izjar11

philla_killa wrote:

So, I've been watching a lot of Extreme Camping videos by The Hidden Masters on youtube and I want give this a try with a camping team on BO 2.  Of course, it'll be in good fun and everything.  So, if anyone is interested in creating a 6 man (or possibly 9 man) Extreme Camping team with me, leave your PSN ID and I'll send you a friend request.

Extreme camping huh..........sounds about as exciting as a watching pbx special on moth balls.

philla_killa

Izjar11 wrote:

....sounds about as exciting as a watching pbx special on moth balls.

Yeah? I just finished watching that special on youtube. Very informative.

Of course extreme camping isn't for everyone, but it's meant to be fun and in good fun. And to possibly annoy the crap out of the enemy team. 

Amish_Ninjas

When you get 3 or 4 guys together on say Hijacked and you set up shop in the upstairs office or bedroom you turn a 6v6 game into a 6v3 or 6v2 game. You're hanging your other 3 or 4 teammates out to dry. Most opponents with half a brain will spam your camp with EMP nades and then destroy your remaining teammates who were unlucky enough to be paired with you.

Tohle

Add me on psn Tohle

philla_killa

Amish_Ninjas wrote:

When you get 3 or 4 guys together on say Hijacked and you set up shop in the upstairs office or bedroom you turn a 6v6 game into a 6v3 or 6v2 game. You're hanging your other 3 or 4 teammates out to dry. Most opponents with half a brain will spam your camp with EMP nades and then destroy your remaining teammates who were unlucky enough to be paired with you.

You make a good point and you're absolutely right. Thats why, in my original post, I said I am looking to create a full 6 man (or 9 man for ground war TDM) extreme camping team.  This way all of the players are all on the same page and we're all doing the same thing.

You're also correct about the EMP grenade, but that'll make it fun and challenging if we play against smart players. 

Thembones

No.

vaponinja

sounds fun, but i hate campers........... awkward.... DX

electricfuneralfire

If you get a squad of 6 and branch out of that room in hijacked and set everyone up right you can go in and pub stomping. with some experience your squad will be full fledged "spawn trapping". It would be harder on a bigger map. But of course im not telling you anything you dont know.

I would still try your tactic for fun if I had BO2 yet.

You should add me and come play MW2. Ive never had a team until I went back to MW2 but i have to cause of hackers. Literally aim bot, constant UAV and wall hacks all combined alot of times.

We have to "extreme camp" to even stand a chance. Noob tubes are a must to with some people set up with spray weapons or Shottys incase someone creeps up on out flank. Claymores and Scavenger as well.

Believe me its not boring.

philla_killa

I dont have MW2, but I can get it. I've never played MW2...haha, I started COD with BO1.  My friends that used to play and I had an extreme camping team which was pretty fun, not boring at all.  While we didn't have the shield or trophy system to keep us alive, we had 2nd chance and tac inserts.

electricfuneralfire

You might be ok I just wouldnt attempt it solo. Honestly tho im going to tell you to not even waste your money especially since you would be going in with no knowledge of the game.

If I manage to save up enough to buy BO2 and all the DLC for before the new title. Im down try your strat out.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

I like their videos and their take on camping.

Thesandman

Extreme camping? Thats right up there along with Extreme Ironing, Extreme bird watching and Extreme watching paint dry!

RoidKi11

Epic is two teams that have to play each other while both deploying the "extreme camping" strategy.  Game ends with no kills!  Awesome.

ashbashbluesfanPSN

Sounds good i'm up for it, I've done blackxworm's camping a lot in teams, really fun. add me: ashbashbluesfan

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

This is why YouTube is a curse to CoD.  Every little kid who sees something on it wants to emulate it.

There was a number of clans who did this in TDM league a few seasons ago.  If they went against a skilled and coordinated team, they never win because it's really an easy tactic to overcome.

I suppose if you get satisfaction at killing random, inexperienced scrubs rushing you, then more power to ya.  I guess. 

philla_killa

First, I'm not a little kid.

Second, what's wrong with seeing something that looks like it could be fun and wanting to try it out? Whats wrong with wanting to get together with friends and have a good laugh trying to 'hold the fort' camped in a little room together? This whole extreme camping thing isn't anything serious and is probably very beatable by half decent players, but who cares? It's about having fun, making the game fun.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Like I said, if your idea of fun is killing a bunch of inexperienced players, then more power to ya. 

Like others have said, if you have fun just sitting in one place for a whole game, then, again, more power to ya.

That said, just because it's "fun" for you, it doesn't mean it's not a less than desireable style of play.  Heck, people troll because, to them, it's fun.  But it sure ain't fun for the people unlucky enough to encounter a playstyle that has the same trolling intention of getting pleasure out of other's frustration.  

HeXziT

Personally, I love it when my team decides to camp. It allows me to slay uninhibited.