45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 11:00 AM by rustygun RSS

ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!

rustygun

ATTENTION Mr Rubin. You have missed the biggest cod feature...the Who Killed Who tag that appears centre screen when you get a kill! the killfeeds are weak in the middle of battle and you dont get chance to keep track of whose killing who, which from a fun point of view is essential!!!

    Please dont take off a decade of tradition.

     Thanks, massive fan

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    phxs72

    Honestly, I hardly ever pay attention to it.  I probably would prefer it gone but since I don't pay attention to it, I don't care if it stays either.

    • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
      rustygun

      well i care if it stays or goes. your obviously the type of player who takes it so seriously you dont care about who shot you, you just mindlessly rampage around run n gunningnot caring who kills you and not caring about revenge. basically you have no passion. some of us play for fun and care about the features in our game.

      and to the other fella, interesting reply, no tags the mw3 beta...mmm, maybe ive jumped the gun then...

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        RunAndGun1

        rustygun wrote:

         

        ...you just mindlessly rampage around run-and-gunning not caring who kills you and not caring about revenge. basically you have no passion. some of us play for fun and care about the features in our game.

        Wow. That's very presumptuous of you to say. I'm with phxs72. I don't care about it either.

         

        Why? Because when I DO watch for the kill tag of who shot me, guess what happens? I get all macho and run around looking for the guy to "get revenge". And then, I usually die! Because I'm SO focused on getting HIM that I fail to pay attention to my surroundings and ultimately get killed because of that. I stopped doing that because, 1. It's immature and stupid, and 2. It gets me killed more often then getting a kill.

         

        You say he has "no passion". Passion has several meanings. One is, "intense, driving or overmastering feeling or conviction." Another is, "an outbreak of anger." I think what you're experiencing is the outbreak of anger because you were killed and want to get blind revenge. Anger only engages the ego. Once you engage the ego, the game is no longer fun. You're a caveman in a loin cloth. I don't want to be in that match with you, that's for sure.

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        ghostsniper2010

        No you prob want it so u can see ur quad feed. Ah well

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    Submit2MyWill

    rustygun wrote:

     

    ATTENTION Mr Rubin. You have missed the biggest cod feature...the Who Killed Who tag that appears centre screen when you get a kill! the killfeeds are weak in the middle of battle and you dont get chance to keep track of whose killing who, which from a fun point of view is essential!!!

        Please dont take off a decade of tradition.

         Thanks, massive fan

    They weren't in the MW3 beta either, IIRC, but they were in the final.

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    trialstardragon

    Eh, not really a big loss of a feature at all. In fact it was distracting to playing the game. If it is gone only a few players will miss it the majority of players will not.

     

    killfeeds take up less space so is better then having a big tag show up in the middle of the screen. That feature is not really needed anymore since the creation of the kill feed which is meant to be less obtrusive as the old kill tag. I always hated those and wanted to have a way to ingore them.

     

    Just like I wish they would give an option to auto skip kill cams, dont need them either.

    • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
      rustygun

      Dooowaaattt!? You speaketh out of you rear end sir...No killcam to spot where snipers and enemies have shot you from encouraging cheats to get away with it and miss a chance of revenge by finding camping holes!?

           And missing who killed you coz it flicked up in faint letters somewhere top right so you cant get revenge?! Play a hardcore game then and stop telling me I need no gaming info on screen! To me cod is all about the instant info you recieve which keeps you fully immersed in the game rather than running round like an idiot not knowing wtfs going on! But hey, you like your game, I like mine.

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        maccabi

        rustygun wrote:

         

        Dooowaaattt!? You speaketh out of you rear end sir...No killcam to spot where snipers and enemies have shot you from encouraging cheats to get away with it and miss a chance of revenge by finding camping holes!?

             And missing who killed you coz it flicked up in faint letters somewhere top right so you cant get revenge?! Play a hardcore game then and stop telling me I need no gaming info on screen! To me cod is all about the instant info you recieve which keeps you fully immersed in the game rather than running round like an idiot not knowing wtfs going on! But hey, you like your game, I like mine.

        I would love to see the removal of killcams they cause way more problems than anything else in game.

         

        As for the killfeeds callsign thing, personally i dont like them its just clutter on the screen, BUT the builds we have played on are not the finished game so i wouldnt really read much into missing stuff atm

        • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
          Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

          My thoughts, exactly.

           

          I would like them to completely remove the killcam. It will help me a lot when I camp. The clueless players will then be even more clueless and will keep running back for even more deaths. MWAHAHAHA!

           

          Seriously, the killcam is for noobs and they need to take out that crutch. Let the noobs be noobs.

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        trialstardragon

        I dont need the kill cam to know how or where or who killed me, that is called being aware of your surroundings. And I do play hc and dont need any of it at all to do well. You are a sad player if you need that information to play the game and have fun.

         

        I dont care who killed me. I am not going to hunt just them down for a revenge kill which is just stupid to do to begin with.

         

        You just want and need it for ego boosting is all.

        • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
          rustygun

          Ps Trailstardragon, I use the word revenge in a fun way. Its only a game, but if a football team keeps beating you every time your team net theirs you're telling me you wouldn't want revenge? listen to yourself! If the same player keeps shooting you its the same thing. Im not saying you should make a point of hunting him down but surely you get a buzz when you do get him! If not its points only you get your thrill from, not the ENTIRE experience..

                  So whose taking it too seriously my friend???

          • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
            MaxKirgan

            All Trailstardragon, is trying to say is, you shouldn't be so determined to get revenge kills as to screw over your team. For example, I will hold down a high traffic area and make you kill me once for every 2-3 times I kill you. That's just on average. Most of the time I get a lot more that that per death. Also consider your teammates I'm doing the same thing to. I'll probably go somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 -5 and you probably went 6-20. High-five! By you constantly running back to me, trying to get the revenge kill you were effectively teammate # 7 for my team.

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    NoLifeKing29

    I have fun without ever looking at the killfeed. Its not important, it has no impact on the game, its not needed. And they haven't removed it, they have just reduced its appearance and moved it. Feeders are not important at all, too bad.

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    trialstardragon

    It is not essential even from a fun point of view and I know, I only play for fun yet dont need it or want it. It is only needed by wannabe y t stars to show off who they just killed for ego boosting.It will not be missed by anyone but yt montage makers.

    • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
      rustygun

      Wrong, you guys are totally wrong about me. I play for FUN!!! I dont give a hoot about boasting to everyone or gaining any ego boost from the feeds, I just like to know who Ive killed or whose killed me, its as simple as that!!! I enjoy the game because I enjoy the friendly community of players online. I enjoy getting to know the players in the lobby, making new friends and inviting them into my private lobby. Its all about that personal touch that has made cod what it is. Why bother even customising a soldiers appearance if you dont even know who you're shooting? I love the new soldier customisation but dont take out the callsigns, thats always been there.

           You guys say I need all the info I can get about whats goin on, yes I do, I am completely rubbish at the game and I bet you guys would never admit that even if you were! I love cod because it helps rubbish players enjoy the game too. So go play hardcore and take out all the added info and leave us guys doin our thing. Its all about options guys. So dont dictate, dont accuse me of things that arnt true... the only thing that should be taken out of the game is cheating!!

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        trialstardragon

        If you really play for fun then you dont really need it and wont miss it at all. No matter if is a rubbish player or not. I am by no means a great player. I am maybe average. I play for fun only and I hated it for it was distracting,

        • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
          Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

          THIS.

           

          The playercard and emblem showing up on the bottom in BO2 can be quite distracting.

          • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
            rustygun

            Not anywhere near as distracting as all the other stuff! But its there to inform us of whats going on. No body ever moaned about it before and its been on cod since the dawn of time. I will miss it massively because to me I like to know who Ive killed or whose killed me. Sometimes you just have to agree to dissagree.

                   As I said, a toggle switch option so everyones happy.  

          • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
            NoLifeKing29

            Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

             

            THIS.

             

            The playercard and emblem showing up on the bottom in BO2 can be quite distracting.

            I dont even see them, after like, 500,000 kills across the COD franchise, I never see the player kill emblem that shows up after every kill. I just don't care. Its as important to me as the killfeed is, not at all.

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        Noctis Everto

        Excuse me sir, what game are you talking about? CoD certainly doesnt have a "friendly community"
        Its filled to the brim with garbage spewing hate mongers, and immature children/adults who think theyre funny or cool by playin music or quickscoping.

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    Rogue_Convict

    I can't believe this thread is even a thing........

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    JobIessMoney

    Far from the biggest feature in the game. One of the smallest, most unimportant to be honest. I don't care what random player I killed/killed me. If for some chance I feel I must know who killed me I'll look to the top right corner at the kill feed and boom, same information.

    • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
      rustygun

      Its cod tradition. For me it gives you instant personal info. You may have time occasionally to look at the feed, but cod is so fast often you havnt. It makes you feel more a part of the game and there must be a reason its been there coz its been in every single cod. Newbies are tryin to turn cod into somethin else. I'll ask you this...whose ever moaned about it.

          Its especially important in private when you know everyone and you do want that info instantly! But like I keep saying, lets keep everyone happy and include the option...

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        JobIessMoney

        Time occasionally to look at the feed? It takes half a second to look up at it. This small thing you want has no important role in the game. It's a distracting piece of information that you could already have without it.

        • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
          rustygun

          Why cant you leave it as I have agreeing to dissagree and having it as an option for everyone. I strongly dissagree it has no role in the game. And I strongly dissagree you can track the killfeed as efficiently as you can the pop up. Look, its common sense man, the crosshairs is the killpoint, your eyes dont have to move, the killfee, although in a better spot than before, still requires your eyes to shift and be taken away from the point of concentration constantly, thats why the devs put it there in the first place!!!!

                     In any case you hate distractions, so why not argue that there are more pop ups on screen now than ever! Before we even get to the one I like, so why the problem with my preference? Theres a mass of onscrren info in our faces with the modern game and you dont wine about them? I cant believe you find a tiny snip of info distract you. Im surprised youre not moaning about the crosshairs themselves, theyre there all the time!!!!

                      Anyway, we all gonna think different on this. Certainly all the fans ive spoken to are shocked its not on there. But likeI said, OPTIONS so we can all have what we want...So whats wrong with that???

          • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
            JobIessMoney

            Important info is not a distraction. A piece of unimportant information that shows up almost in the middle of your screen can become a distraction for some people. I do tend to ignore it however. That on screen info in our faces tends to be something that helps. Why would I complain about something like crosshairs? They help you see where your hip firing. Of course I don't find them necessary so I wouldn't be that upset if they left either. They are still helpful though in certain situations. And if you wanted us to leave it as it is and leave you to do your own thing don't come on the forums. Mark Rubin isn't going to come on and check through all the forums and threads looking at your post, small chance he may but I doubt it, and then change something just because you want it. That's like me going and making a thread saying take out the slide and lean features cause I don't like them and they've never been in CoD. And the CC pops up at the bottom, slightly below the crosshairs. It takes me the same time to check the CC as it does for me to look at the kill feed. And I never said that it shouldn't be an option or left in the game, I said it's useless and doesn't make a difference in how people play. You're right, we will think differently. And yes, I'd imagine all 10 other fans who you've spoken for are quite shocked. That's why a bunch of other people made posts about it.

            • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
              rustygun

              How dare you tell me not to come on the forum because what I say wont make any diffrrence! The devs do hang out on here and im passionate enough about the game to express how I feel about what ive seen the same as everyone else. And how dare you pressume Ive only spoken to ten people. You dont know anything about me or how many people I speak for. And if it was only me ive got the right to my oppinion.

                  Your idea of unimportant is a complete joke! So it doesnt matter who you killed or whose killed you?? To me thats the only info that really matters! Yes the killfeed shows it in faint tiny letters but not in bold colourful highlighted boxed txt. Bit like a letter with the important bit highlighted with a fleurescent pen. The killfeed gives a list of everyone, the popup is just yours.

                     Anyway, my final comment on the last post was fair to everyone and keeps everyone happy proving im not the ignorant one. All you want to do is ignore people that want certain things for whatever reason. One thing is for sure...Im a huge fan of call of duty and yule probly be telling me im wrong about that next. I hope your ignorance towards me is just coming from a nube rounaround, dont care about nothing but my k/d ratio schoolboy and not a dev trying to keep call of duty pleasing for loyal fans Or god help us all, we just as well stop posting what we feel and our thoughts on things and play forza instead!!!!

              • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
                RunAndGun1

                rustygun wrote:

                 

                How dare you tell me not to come on the forum because what I say wont make any diffrrence!

                Man, relax chief. Meditate for a few minutes. This is a forum where people express their views in all kinds of ways. You can't take this place seriously. Remember, we're talking about a video game, not world war. Chill out.

              • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
                JobIessMoney

                How dare I? How dare you? You said, "Why cant you leave it". It's a forum. We're here to express our thoughts and then discuss whether we like it or not. If we all just "leave it" then that wouldn't make much sense. That's how I dare. I was making a point about your reply, not saying get off the forum and never come back cause you don't belong here. And yes, the devs do look through the posts, but it's mainly hot topics (such as quickscoping where Rubin already came out and said it's been somewhat removed from the game) that get the most attention from them. Look at most of the posts on this thread, almost all are saying they don't care about the CC popping up. Again about the not making a difference bit. I was making a point! I said there was a chance the devs may look at this post and add it into the game but I personally doubt they will. I clearly can't speak for them as I'm not a IW dev. And sure, there is the occasional time I'll want to see who I'm killing or is killing me but if I'm in a game with all randoms what does it matter? Also about the 10 players bit; I was exaggerating. I was saying 10 because almost no one on this thread is really caring about the feature, wouldn't people who want this feature be here posting? Wouldn't there be more posts? Lastly, yes, I do only care about my K/D, SPM, accuracy most of the time. Does that mean I don't have fun in the game? Nope. Does it mean I don't go play party games/combat training/private matches? Nope.

                P.S. Nice double negative while trying to make me look bad. I could go on about a few other parts of your post but I figured you've had enough.

      • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
        trialstardragon

        It is not tradition there is no tradition in this game when it comes to things like that. it was just a feature and one that is not really needed. Times change the game changes and people need to adjust to that change instead of complaining and expecting the game to stay the same all the time.

         

        Having it did not make you feel like you were part of the game, the kill feed fills that spot well enough. It was there only because they wanted it there in past games not because it had or needed to be there.

        • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
          rustygun

          Dont DICTATE to me what should and should not be in the game. Thats ignorance. Everyone has their own ideas and oppinions and who are you to say yours is right. Whats irrelevent to you isnt to everyone. Sometimes the really simple silly stuff that seems ditchable is actually one of the pillars of the whole structure. You need to be very careful what you take out. Im all for adding stuff but care must be taken with removing it. And one more thing with the killfeed is that it scrolls, all the other info is static and doesnt move and easily readable because of it!

                  Ive always loved the new stuff on all the new cod games since cod 4 which is still a favourite while many of my pals feel it got complicated and still perfer cod 4 and waw. Ive embraced the changes and love the game today as I did 7 odd years ago.

                 One thing I will leave you with and im sure im not wrong about...how many people would say cod 4 was still their favourite? And even new players today would love it! If you analyse cod 4 its got all the features that I enjoy, so why am I wrong about what should be in and what should be out...???

          • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
            trialstardragon

            At no point in time did i dictate. I said it was not needed, I did not say, "It will not nor cannot ever be in the game ever again."

             

            That popup is by no means a pillar to this game and never was. At least not to the majority of the players. Only maybe to a few like you. So the kill feed scrolls and it does not just sit there so you can sit and watch it.. get over it.

             

            People always say that about the game because for many it was their first CoD; still does not make it the best CoD ever, and just because it has the features you want does not mean the devs have to keep each later game the same to make you happy about it either.

             

            As times change the game changes it is not going to remain the same as it was forever just to make some people happy that they don't have to adapt to anything new or different.

             

            Features come and features go in games all the time its called game development. They don't have to copy paste everything and then just add on top of it to make a few people happy.

            • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
              rustygun

              There you go again telling folk the way it is. "doesnt make it the best cod ever" For some it was the best cod ever, theyre entitled to their oppinion. Now your telling me "to get over it!" Why should I just because some accept it. Its not what I want. Newsflash: the forum is all about what people want to see and dont wanna see. I accept that you have your oppinion, you have a problem accepting mine. This is gross ignorance! Sorry but it is.

                  And whats this about the killfeed? Didnt get that.

                   And you didnt even read my post properly, I said I embraced the new stuff and love the new games. I was just making a point that they shouldnt take too much OUT from the original winning formula.

                   Anyway, devs, well, good devs, have always got an open ear wether stuff ends up in or out, so I assume youre not a dev.

                   If you are youre not helping the franchise with such a closed attitude

              • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
                iivrruummii

                I found the killfeed to get in the way a couple of times.  I don't mind where they moved it because it is more out of the way.  The last thing they need to move is the XP pop ups when killing, capturing an objective, etc.  They need to move it to the top of the screen, out of the middle where the crosshairs are at.

              • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
                trialstardragon

                There you go again trying to put words in my mouth. For some they may have felt it was but not for all. So try and claim that it was is just biased upon your view and not fact. It was not the best CoD out there. There is no ignorance but your own in the fact that you are fighting for a feature that is more an annoyance to the gamers than a needed one.

                 

                Formulas change on games as games age. This is the way game development works. They cannot remain the same just to keep a few people happy.

                 

                Trust me if I was a dev that feature would have been gone the next game after it was added in the first place. The need for revenge kills is stupid and causes stupid actions in players. I cant count how many games I have seen lost or won because some idiot constantly went for a revenge kill to be killed over and over again handing the other team the win.

                • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
                  rustygun

                  Haha. The only thing we are both fighting for here is the last word! This debate has no end or conclusion because our views are completely different. We really will have to agree to disagree.

                         The only observation I must make is that I was trying to keep us both happy by asking the devs to include it as an option of player preference, surely an inclusion that wouldnt hurt anyone. You seem to just want things YOUR WAY. So I believe out of the two of us mine is the fairer angle...

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    rustygun

    TThanks for nothing guys......no you killed tag....poor

  • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
    Tick7

    Am I missing something here guys?

     

    Isn't there a killfeed already in the game in the top right?

    • Re: ATTENTION MARK RUBIN!!!
      rustygun

      Yes we have a killfeed tick, but it's a scrolling transparent volley of tiny letters in orange that take your eyes right away from the crosshairs to look at. It isn't impossible but it's very tedious and un user friendly to the point where I don't even bother trying to look. Why didn't they have it as a HUD option?

                When a claymore goes off now ya you don't even knOw if you've killed someone because unless you shoot them you have no reason to look at the killfeed.