10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 8:26 PM by kevin5874 RSS

Player numbers dropping

Incredible_Mr

Last 2 nights, there`s been 1300 online, when its been as high as 3500. Logged on today, theres 300 online! Usually at least 1200 at this time of day. Every lobbys laggy as hell, and this game is pretty much like the nationality of people from Helsinki

• Re: Player numbers dropping
    LinkHdz97

maybe there were more people cause it was summer. i know i was playing a lot but since the semester started i don't play as much. i usually play hctdm at night usually around 10pm till midnight.

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

Completely off topic, but Helsinki is such a nice city to visit

guitarplayer399

A large contribution could be the fact that now that Labor Day is passed, all schools are back in session. So students have to focus their time on homework, sports, and other activities, instead of gaming.

Also since school is back in session, students have to go to sleep at a decent time, in order to perform well in class. Which is why you may find less players online at night.

WiimotesRus02

guitarplayer399 wrote:

Also since school is back in session, students have to go to sleep at a decent time, in order to CHEAT well in class. Which is why you may find less players online at night.

Fixed, though i'm referring to American kids mostly

guitarplayer399

I know your not talking about all American kids, but I, for one don't cheat. My school is rather small, so our cheating issue is much smaller than schools much larger than us.

Though I have to agree that cheating is still a large issue in America (which I don't understand, since a student can get an F and still move up to the next grade).

Ronin2012

plus, the game is garbage

WiimotesRus02

Kids back to school, its not rocket science, and like Ronin said, its a pile of junk!!

Incredible_Mr

Listen Brainiac, first off, its been 3`000+ players online since March, thats 4 months (four , incase you dont understand numbers at your age) before the school hols started.

Its dropped from that to 2`000. Also I play when the US kids are at school anyway, so my player numbers drop isnt down to kids going to school.

On a brighter note, xbox player number where 800`000 in March, last night it was 62`000. Thats a huge percentage drop, and with GTA and BF4 out now, thatll just drop further.

WiimotesRus02

Incredible_Mr wrote:

Listen Brainiac, first off, its been 3`000+ players online since March,

That figure hasn't been on my console until near the end of May, when the American schools broke up. They have way more summer holiday time than us. And since all of them have gone back to school, the numbers have dropped, just like every other year

kevin5874

Has anybody stopped to think that the Wii U is still basically a new system . Black Ops 2 made over 500 million dollars is sales for the PC , PS3 and XBOX 360 before the Wii U even hit the shelves . These platforms simply beat Nintendo to the punch . It's hard to sell a popular game for one system when several million copies have already been sold to other systems first . I am kinda surprised at the low sales for the Wii U considering the popularity of the Wii . I believe sales will pick up though when Nintendo releases more games . As for Black Ops 2 , sales and the # of online players probably would be alot higher if Treyarch and Activision had released DLC packs for this version , especially Nuketown 2025 .