39 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2013 5:30 PM by USarmyvet RSS

Fail Confessions

USarmyvet

Seeing the "Ego" thread got me thinking about experiences I've had over the years with both my ego as well as some of my friends.

I don't think ego's are a big issue in game.....maybe in the forums. I've played with a lot of people and I've rarely had anyone talk down to me or another player....including weak ones.

We all fail....some more than others but nobody is perfect, especially in a game where split second decisions can mean the difference between sitting in a party discussing "what I should have done" versus playing the next round. I've seen it all over the years....who hasn't died reviving after tossing the monkey bomb off the map? I watched one guy (last man up) get pinned by the last 2 zombies.

On to the topic.....my confession

I'm pretty comfortable with being the last man standing and while I usually wish/hope the last man standing is me (so the game will continue) I wouldn't say I have a huge ego. Like last night at round 39 on Origins,  I don't get "tight" or uncomfortable and in most cases, I'm thinking more about how to get three people back on their feet on the next round start. However, last night I blew it in embarrassing fashion. I had 30"ish fire staff rounds and a PaP'd mauser. Ammo was on my mind so I thought I'd try and blow out the Mauser and fish for another digging. I was hoping I could dig one up and kill enough to trigger a max ammo and save the one I had in the box for later when we were all up. This stupid decision put the Mauser in my hand, shooting head shots at Gen 2 and two spawns behind me caught me flipping to the staff too late.....game over. In hindsight, I should have got a shield as soon as I realized I lost mine. I should have fired a shorter blast on the mauser, should have stuck to killing in the mud, maybe I should have been in a different spot.

I let the other guys down and was pretty embarrassed.

Anyway....I was wondering if any others (ego or not) would be interested in sharing their embarrassing game ending bad decisions.....especially some of the forum's popular players.

• Re: Fail Confessions
    Megadog14

Trying to help someone do the Moon EE... he kept going down, but we managed to fill the tubes, and I got all my perks. He went down again and I tried to revive him, but I went down without even being red...

USarmyvet

Megadog14 wrote:

Trying to help someone do the Moon EE... he kept going down, but we managed to fill the tubes, and I got all my perks. He went down again and I tried to revive him, but I went down without even being red...

Come on dog....true confessions, not "got screwed" stories.....Dig deeper.

Mr_Spaceman

Round 19 Nacht Der Untoten. We are team camping upstairs at the grenades and things are going great!...then i inadvertently clear the debris on the stairs whilst trying to board the window and we all die, felt like a right tosser.

USarmyvet

Mr_Spaceman wrote:

Round 19 Nacht Der Untoten. We are team camping upstairs at the grenades and things are going great!...then i inadvertently clear the debris on the stairs whilst trying to board the window and we all die, felt like a right tosser.

Another good place for the "inadvertent" barrier buy is 2nd floor of Die Rise....back by the window.

WAs going for a high round solo origins.  Figured all I needed was to pap the Mauser to kill buzz light year and then go to agartha, beast down there no staffs. I point whored perfectly paped the Han Solo rig, erased buzz fast. Then thinking about what I should do next, got pinned in a choke point, and didnt want to kill the last heard. Never shboulle lazer that would had easily killed all of them. My high so far 15.

theatriks

I'm the last guy alive, so I'm making my way to my most comfortable solo area, Gen 6. I've got a good amount of space between me and the horde. In no danger at all.

All I would have had to do was get to the generator, charge up my lightning staff and fire it at a choke point. Round would have ended, team could have gotten their Thunder Gloves from the box at 6 then gotten their staffs and we'd have been on our merry way.

....I got stepped on. This was 3 days after the map pack came out, I still had no idea about the red blinking lights that say a robot is coming. I looked up to see if a robot was coming...and got stepped on immediately. :]

USarmyvet

theatriks wrote:

I looked up to see if a robot was coming...and got stepped on immediately. :]

Good one!....and quite embarrassing to have three spectators watch you do it.

I've yet to die the last death at the hands (feet) of the robots but anyone can have a brain fart.

Thanks for sharing.

PeterPanzer903

I had a similar fail, my teammate was down, I was running to generator 6 as well to go inside the robot for the staff part (it was still early rounds). I could have sworn the light was on that foot, get there just as the robots foot is coming down, look up, spray, only to get smashed and get a game over because the light was on the other foot!!

solidus_kalt

hi! i played die rise with the friend i used to play kino for days. the map i learned zs to love. he is on xbox and has no season pass. i made my solo high score the day before. we were camping in the buddha room. he went down round 27. he had no wiw and there was no persistent tombstone. i am able to revive him and have the whole wave trained behind me and tell him to go to recover. he jumps to the other building. i know what to do. thats my moment to show my skill in the buddha room. its easy! i slide off the broken column and get trapped by 2 zs from the right. i try to free me with the sliquifier... no elevator available for my friend... game over. :-)

terminator502

In tht same game with USARMYVET. It was all good dude. Stuff happens. It also didn't help tht there was waterfalls (yes that is plural) of zombies coming over every single trench wall. it was av very good game for all 4 of us

terminator502

I was playing farm a while back with a couple of my buddies and I was the last one standing I ran around the barn and saw a horde of zombies running at me so I threw an EMP grenade well coincidentally it had landed right beneath Jug and right next to speed Cola and it had turned both of those perks off. and of course I instantly went down

USarmyvet

terminator502 wrote:

In tht same game with USARMYVET. It was all good dude. Stuff happens. It also didn't help tht there was waterfalls (yes that is plural) of zombies coming over every single trench wall. it was av very good game for all 4 of us

Thanks for the kind words but it was all me and my poor decisions....waterfall's or not, I've clutched it in worse situations than that.

BTW....I can still hear that dude's gay roommate trying to order a pizza......I fell like I was ear raped for 4 hours.

terminator502

No problem. Haha yea man that is very true. llike you said tho. The roommate or whatever he was had no respect at all. I'll be on here in a bit after this green bay game if your down to play.. again

Killbook

I'm the last guy standing. This is my first game and everyone died. I didn't know the map. I didn't know where any weapons where. I didn't know any good training or camping spots. So what did I do? I ran around the map with this HUGE train. I stopped, turned, shot them, and ran again. I finally cut the zombies down to one more left. As I was about to kill. Like, literally, I was shooting it, it's head came off but it was still running, and I get stepped over and the game ends before the zombie dies.

boybad

Map Buried, we are going for 50 with 4 and im last man left alive in high 40's, to my luck im the time keeper (i got the time bomb on me) got the last zombie left ready to drop the bomb to revive other players, while we going over the plan. Now i want to keep my PHD and dolphin bomb dive by the speed cola to the box area, unfortunately i didn't have PHD it was embarrassing and funny end to the game.

packagedog

Town survival. R41 one zombie left used box kept running round box got slapped lost my bearings went down. Also did custom game r20 tried to pap pistol stood in lava to long and died

MyDogEatsSpiders

I got inside a wall on buried... and... i touched somebody that was there too.... i made him die...... then i died to restart the round... then he got downed....... then i won...

Fog115

Confession:
    I lied saying my power cut out to go play Minecraft with a girl I had a crush on.

LORD_GRRR

I have literally failed multiple times in every way one could think of on every single map.  Here's just a few examples (many of which have been game-ending):

• falling off buildings
    • double-slapped with no jugg on round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...........
    • reviving someone when I know it will cause me to go down
    • reviving other players in the middle of sh*tstorms that offer them no chance of recovery - they're downed again within one second
    • telling people "I got this" and going down within 1 second (not once, but multiple times)
    • sliquifying both myself and team-mates down elevator shafts (not deliberately)
    • failing to get a running jump off a ledge that requires one
    • missing a zombie's head with an entire M-14 magazine
    • getting hooked by the Panzer and pulled into a relentless horde of zombies after I knew better than to confront him too closely
    • attempting to knife Brutus even after team-mates begged me not to do it (and going down doing so)
    • standing in lava too long
    • crossing the lava with a flaming denizen on my head with no jugg, thinking "this time I can pull it off"
    • getting greedy with butter knife point-whoring and dying
    • losing a gun in pack-a-punch by attempting to pack it at a horrible point in the game
    • trample steaming myself off a building or into a horde
    • belly flopping to my death because I forgot I don't have flopper
    • training mistakes GALORE - frequently zigging when I should have zagged

That all said, I wear my previous failures proudly like battle scars.  They set the foundation for future success just as long an effort is made to learn from them. 

Failure leads to success and should not be feared.

Killbook

Lol

LORD_GRRR wrote:

I have literally failed multiple times in every way one could think of on every single map.  Here's just a few examples (many of which have been game-ending):

• falling off buildings
      • double-slapped with no jugg on round 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...........
      • reviving someone when I know it will cause me to go down
      • reviving other players in the middle of sh*tstorms that offer them no chance of recovery - they're downed again within one second
      • telling people "I got this" and going down within 1 second (not once, but multiple times)
      • failing to get a running jump off a ledge that requires one
      • missing a zombie's head with an entire M-14 magazine
      • getting hooked by the Panzer and pulled into a relentless horde of zombies after I knew better than to confront him too closely
      • attempting to knife Brutus even after team-mates begged me not to do it (and going down doing so)
      • getting greedy with butter knife point-whoring and dying
      • losing a gun in pack-a-punch by attempting to pack it at a horrible point in the game
      • belly flopping to my death because I forgot I don't have flopper

Bumblebee465 wrote:

• Jet Gun
      • Me standing in front of Jugg when it hasn't opened. Then Leroy happens.
      • Getting trapped by the last zombie, then killing it with a ray gun after it windmills... Just makes you look like an idiot
      • Head Choppers
      • Putting down a Subsonic whatever the hell it is down thinking it will kill my train. All it did was slow me down then the zombies got me.
      • Electric door holding one of the plane parts in MOTD
      • And many more

Lol these are all the mistakes I've committed myself. The flopper is the main one. Curse my poor memory!

USarmyvet

LORD_GRRR wrote:

That all said, I wear my previous failures proudly like battle scars.  They set the foundation for future success just as long an effort is made to learn from them.

Failure leads to success and should not be feared.

This is the underlying point.....learning from past mistakes. I think the better players are simply the ones that play the odds.....avoid the low percentage decisions based on their past successes and failures.

Another thought.....I once told a younger kid that was last man up to ease up on the show boating....that he was making choices for all of us. A min later he was dead and the game was over. Last man up is literally playing everyones game for them.

When I was a helicopter pilot in the Army, we had a saying....."There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there aren't any old, bold pilots".

I Bought a tv a few years back and my deciding factor was in the demo the sales person pitched. He stood back from the rig, whipped the controller into the screen. Remote shattered, tv not a scratch. I got the for other reasons such as having a child but since I'm the only one to utilize this feature from just about everything listed.

RichRob

I had 35 downs on origins the other day, I could not stay on my feet for nothin. Then I had a game on the same map where for a time I was averaging 10 kills per down

USarmyvet

RichRob wrote:

I had 35 downs on origins the other day, I could not stay on my feet for nothin. Then I had a game on the same map where for a time I was averaging 10 kills per down

Send me your GT....

Anyone that will stick it out at 35 downs already has the heart of good team mate. You just need to work on the mechanics.

Bumblebee465
    • Getting surrounded by flaming zombies when a nuke goes off... They all blow up and kill you. There's nothing you can do, happens to me all the damn time on Town.
    • When Who's Who spawns me in the middle of a train... Again nothing you can do..
    • Sliquifier puddles sliding me off the elevator shafts
    • Jet Gun
    • Me standing in front of Jugg when it hasn't opened. Then Leroy happens.
    • Trample steam glitch. Gets hooked onto an elevator magically then comes through the ceiling to fling you off down a shaft
    • Getting hit in midair while flying with the Paralyzer
    • Getting trapped by the last zombie, then killing it with a ray gun after it windmills... Just makes you look like an idiot
    • Head Choppers
    • Putting down a Subsonic whatever the hell it is down thinking it will kill my train. All it did was slow me down then the zombies got me.
    • Electric door holding one of the plane parts in MOTD
    • And many more

There's just so many things that can go wrong in zombies, usually will make you look like a complete idiot xD

steveo_Evil

Had friends in a party with me on farm while i was doing a high round. At the end of round 60 I go to emp zombie and both fall through map and miss. So I am trying for mark 2 and running last zombie around, Finally get it and he has me trapped up against the edge of railing. I shoot his head of and he kills me. I was so gutted. 

srey89

I was playing survival on town solo. gained 10000 point and went to PAP the pistol and m14. jump in activate PAP for pistol and jump out. jump back in to get it and zombie distracts me and miss it. go for the m14 and do the exact same thing!!! I was left with no weapons and tried to knife my way out. I didn't last long.

LORD_GRRR

Here you go, USarmyvet.

My most recent and one of my more frequently occurring fails. 

Killbook

LOL! The captions had me dead!

And boybad, what if someone is having sex. I bet your turtle beaches are going to cause you to have a fun time.

USarmyvet

LORD_GRRR wrote:

Here you go, USarmyvet.

My most recent and one of my more frequently occurring fails.

I really like the streaming thing....I won't be content till I have it.

What I liked even more was the "Bootcamp" video. I'd love to showcase vids like that on a vid blog.

boybad

The biggest fail of them all...

"Please dont kill the last zombie im dying to go for a $hit!"

Next round starts...

USarmyvet

boybad wrote:

The biggest fail of them all...

"Please dont kill the last zombie im dying to go for a $hit!"

Next round starts...

Do you think Dempsey or Nikolai take poop breaks? NO! they stay on mission and if they have to....they poop while they reload.

You can stink and live or smell good and die.....

On a serious note though.....I really wish people would mute their mic when they perform a bodily function. These Turtle Beaches pick up everything.