29 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2013 6:41 AM by WKMMS RSS

New Call-out Feature

WKMMS

This is one of the things that I'm really excited about in Ghosts.  I run solo quite a lot of the time and most randoms I play with don't use their headsets and very few of the ones that do actually call out useful info on enemy locations or where they died etc.  When playing with friends it makes such a positive difference having them giving shout-outs or warnings.

This new feature seems like it will be really beneficial for the lone wolves in team games.  Anyone else as excited about this as me?

• Re: New Call-out Feature
    maccabi

WKMMS wrote:

This is one of the things that I'm really excited about in Ghosts.  I run solo quite a lot of the time and most randoms I play with don't use their headsets and very few of the ones that do actually call out useful info on enemy locations or where they died etc.  When playing with friends it makes such a positive difference having them giving shout-outs or warnings.

This new feature seems like it will be really beneficial for the lone wolves in team games.  Anyone else as excited about this as me?

yes. It works really well too it makes a huge difference even if you're playing with a team, when i went hands on with ghosts it took me a few mins till i worked out it was the game giving call outs not someone on my team. I'm really looking forward to it will as it as you said make a huge difference to solo players.

WKMMS

It's one thing to have a dev big up a feature in their game, but to have a respected member of the community, who's had hands-on time with it, give positive feedback is a far more compelling reason to get excited about it.  Thanks for the info

rankismet

maccabi wrote:

WKMMS wrote:

yes. It works really well too it makes a huge difference even if you're playing with a team, when i went hands on with ghosts it took me a few mins till i worked out it was the game giving call outs not someone on my team. I'm really looking forward to it will as it as you said make a huge difference to solo players.

I think it's a nice feature...

... but...

... each game seems to diminish the social aspect of COD.

r8edtripx

rankismet wrote:

maccabi wrote:

WKMMS wrote:

I think it's a nice feature...

... but...

... each game seems to diminish the social aspect of COD.

The douchebaggery of the general COD population diminishes the social aspect. Seriously, every once in a while I won't mute the lobby just to see if I'm pleasantly surprised, and to see if people aren't being jerk-offs to each other. ...mute button it is.

I haven't looked into this feature yet, but I'm hoping it's a good thing.

iAmEFFeX

I think it's a cool feature, but I do have concerns. My main concern is that the game will know "more" than a regular player. For example, I might be hiding behind an object and shoot an opposing player. Now, that player may not actually know where the shot came from, so he wouldn't know what exactly to call out. However, the AI might say "He's in the yard behind the shed". That wouldn't be right.

WKMMS

That is a reasonable concern.  My understanding is that it works on line of sight.  It will only call out something in the player's direct field of vision.  I think that will be equally beneficial and detrimental to everyone.  Besides it doesn't always matter if the enemy knows where you are, if you know they are likely to be coming your way, you're still the one at the advantage I believe. 

iAmEFFeX

If it works on line of site that's reasonable. I am definitely interested in the feature either way, it's something different and should be helpful. I really don't play in parties so it should be beneficial for me personally.

macisaguy

"Get off the shed!"

dtuchpunk

It's something I can't judge without playing it. I hope it will help me and other lone wolfs to go better. But then the enemy's has it also.

trialstardragon

I wonder if dead silence will counter it. or takedown where the enemy will not call out your position if you use either perk or it is going to be a bit op in its own right. or at least I hope it is disabled in hardcore game modes.

WKMMS

If it works off visual cues then I don't think DS will be a counter, takedown maybe, but I don't think it will be overpowered if its something that everyone gets the benefit of.  It could really change the dynamic of team games for the better.  I wonder if the call outs are only heard by people in a certain proximity to that player.  That would seem to make sense to me.  

trialstardragon

now that would be a good limitation to it. only can hear if near the person that triggered it within so many yards of them. If everyone hears it no matter where they are on map it would be a bit much.

RenovaKunumaru

Built in target finder lol.

But seriously,

I think the feature will be a fine addition to both HC and Core gameplay.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

I'm not so sure if I'm going to like it or not. It seems like a new feature made to help out the noobs. I'm a bit worried that it will give away your position even before your enemy realizes you're in there.

MrAdaptability

If it's been implemented well and isn't just going to tell us where an enemy is across the map that's camping inside an outhouse, then I will like the feature quite a lot. I'm curious how the stealth perks are going to effect this feature personally. If it's implemented well then it will be great in those lobbies that have a severe lack of mics.

trialstardragon

same curiosity if the stealth perks will cancel it out or will it be disabled for hc.. sort of defeats the purpose of hc if it works in hc all the time.

MrAdaptability

Agreed, while I don't play HC much, it seems like it could completely change how the modes are played. I would love playing hardcore if the guns weren't so much more deadly. I love everything about HC aside from the fact that pretty much all guns are OHK.

trialstardragon

yep that is the one drawback of hc. takes little skill to play in it, just a fair aim and then spray away for easy kill.

WKMMS

the great thing about HC and the fact that everyone can put you down almost instantly is that it's great for developing your twitch reflexes.  My reactions and accuracy got so much sharper after months of HC play. 

trialstardragon

I find the opposite since it is so easy to kill my aim has decreased compared to what it was in core. It both does and does not help some players. For some it is harder and required more skill for others it makes the game easier and require less skill.

WKMMS

Actually, I can see how that could happen.  My friends will only ever play HC with the exception of party games.  They do struggle to kill laterally moving targets.  They do struggle with laterally moving targets.

trialstardragon

I have friends with the same problem. They cannot handle core that well because it takes too many rounds to kill players. In hc they can beast but in core they often get beasted by other players instead.

rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

yep that is the one drawback of hc. takes little skill to play in it, just a fair aim and then spray away for easy kill.

What was the need for this other than to stir crap up?

smh

trialstardragon

To point out that hc players by definition are not really better then core players like many like to claim they are.

HC requires no more skill then core ever. Just a slightly different set of skills to play but no greater amount of skill at all.

Core actually requires greater aim and greater consistent aim then hc since you have to hold on target longer to get a kill. HC just requires fast relexes and fair to midland aim to get a kill. Both require map awareness and teammate location awareness and a minimal communication skill.

Izjar11

It definitely will help everyone overall, I look forward to it.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Well, in all honesty, we seem to see less and less full teams. I mean, my clan hardly ever gets on any more, so the amount of times I have to play solo or with a group of people I pick up in lobbies that I get along with and are good. So, this call out feature is a big plus in my opinion. It worked well in Medal of Honor Warfighter with the Sniper Class, and it didn't diminish teamwork and social play; so I don't see why it would here.

r8edtripx

WKMMS wrote:

It seems I need to catch up. This is the first I've heard of this feature. Sounds like it could be cool, but, in reading some of these comments, I don't want my position yelled out automatically. I have no idea how this feature works yet, so I can't speak on it, but I'm going to go check it out now.