17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 9:46 AM by sennalike RSS

Nothing Personal

Izjar11

COD Ghost!

I have learned over the years that many individuals are very naive when it comes to this video game, and fall under a misconception on this game: Let me clarify

1- Accept Ghost for what it will be, and do not over think it

2- Know that Campers and Rushers will be present and they will kill you

3- There will be hacks / cheaters

4- Latency is not something that is simply removed from online gaming

5- You will have WTF moments

6- Ghost will not be the COD salvation

Again its nothing personal vs players who get frustrated but the truth is these games hardly change in content (meaning community) the same people who played BO2 will be on Ghost doing probably the same thing that annoyed you before. Be warned fellow COD enthusiast.

• Re: Nothing Personal
    zvers

This will be true. I only started coming to the forums during BO1 and the same enthusiasm for a 'different' experience persisted through MW3 and BO2. People just need to accept that some things will improve and some won't.

The only difference that I can see occurring is the dedi's on xbox one, especially if you live in the US where MS has most of there server farms.

Izjar11

zvers wrote:

This will be true. I only started coming to the forums during BO1 and the same enthusiasm for a 'different' experience persisted through MW3 and BO2. People just need to accept that some things will improve and some won't.

The only difference that I can see occurring is the dedi's on xbox one, especially if you live in the US where MS has most of there server farms.

Zvers,

People use that as an excuse to be honest, the vast majority of those who complain about "lag" might experience it at a minimal and say it was "lags" fault or the common overly used and misunderstood term "lag comp". Dedicated servers will not solve:

A) how people play and behave (which is one HUGE reason this game experienced quitting so much)

B) Latency is and will be part of the experience, there is always lag

You see dedicate will not solve everything, there will be lag, they will have to deal with connection quality such as packets being dropped by the server and client. And there will still be a system in place to balance that rate of transmission between the player and server.

I feel in other words Z, that complain department will be about as equal or more. We will judge that in lets say 6 months?

slyd0g55

hacks- , if infinity let this happen ,it would switch me over to treyarch and sell ghosts as i did for past infinity ward CoDs  as ive found ,personally BO BO2 there have been no hacks ,but im sure in america some idiot has done or found a way, cheaters- i hope they read some of our posts or heard from in game lobbies how TACTICAL INSERTS are a prime suspect for boosters/cheaters, lateness involvement- does affect the player ,as regular players will capitalise on the this , campers,rushers, corner sitters expect em' , Ghost salvation well..... it looks pretty darn well epic

thebigb82

you should add this to that list

7. Playstation 3 and 4 users will be ignored at all times

Izjar11

Have we learned our lesson yet?

GameOverBucko

YEs there will be hackers but really on launch day we had them, fair enough if the games old and a new one is coming out, that's when I expect hackers to come into a game but launch day Is not good at all, quite frustrating really

UnlimitedUsernames

6- Ghosts will not be the COD salvation

Secret here is that no title will ever be CoDs salvation. No matter how the game is made there will always be those who hate the game and those who love it. For example Black Ops 2 was my least favorite CoD title to date. I stopped playing in September and it was the first time I had stopped playing a CoD title before the release of the next one. I just didn't like the game. However, in the competitive community Black Ops 2 was the best game ever created. No matter the title, someone is always going to love it and someone will always hate it. No CoD will 'save the franchise' because it doesn't need saving. It is and will continue to be the most successful FPS for the foreseeable future

TRU11

4 dont agree on that though.

dedicated servers go along with solving the lagg issues.

BF4 has modes where its 12 vs 12  and you barely encouter lagg.

they actually have an option where you can change the latency.

simply the prettier you want things the higher the risk of latency.

also MAG had modes where it was 128 vs 128 on the ps3 yes and it was barely noticeble.

game however did not look as good as cod nor did it offer as many maps but it played great.

Capt_Teabagger

I agree with people above in saying that all online games will have some lag to them there is no avoiding it 100%

But when you have people playing on family/household wifi  vs a player hardwired cable set up and then sticking those same players in the same lobby the person with the crappy hookup tends to win 9/10 heads up fire fights.And it becomes a little more annoying when you shoot at one of these guys, only to find out that s/he has lag skipped 10 feet away from where you actually saw them.

Also agree with the OP take the game for what it is.  Activision/IW/3arc really don't care once they have gotten the $60 for the game and the $50 for season passes. The new not working app only for clans proves that point.

a-n-other

This might be the best post I've ever read.

Izjar11

COD

I produced this thread almost two months before this game came out and everything that I wrote is still true, its curious the majority who read this thread have given it a low star value. Wonder why?